Concerned about upcoming Harmony cruise...anyone else?

minnie00

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

Great! I hope Harmony has them too. I use the heck out of those and it's so convenient when they are right by the buffet.

LOL

Look back a couple of posts! ... Illbcruzn4life posted a picture of the Harmony wash stations on this thread. One thing Harmony has that I like better than others is the paper towels for drying your hands. Much better than the high speed wind machines blowing bacteria all over the place! 

Edited by 2chiefs
  • Like 1

If I was going on cruise right now, I would definitely bring my laptop as I can work remotely, so in case we are quarantined I would not loose my remaining vacation days. I usually bring it anyway. Newer ship has better VOOM for this purpose.

5 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Lately, the ships I have been on have those automatic hand washing machines near the buffet. Those were Carnival ships. If Royal doesn't have anything like that near the buffet area I will just bring the individual hand wipe packets.

OOPS!

Edited by Illbcruzn4life
info already posted
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 12:08 PM, minnie00 said:

due to the Corona virus....all the news stresses me out because....I am mainly concerned about interruptions, delays, closures, and quarantines....we are not traveling for 22 more days...but this just keeps getting more hype. Just the fact that airports and ships are germ hubs...and there are possibilities of something happening.  Its the waiting till the last minute or being in Florida after flying all day to only find out that there is a change or cancellation is stressful. 

Our Sept cruise was changed to being 3 days with FCC due to Dorian. We sat in Orlando...did Disney...waiting for updates...finally did a 3 day cruise. Yes We CHOSE to go ahead and fly there and wait to see what happened but not gung ho to do it again.....that is all. THIS is the replacement cruise too lol

just don't want to deal with similar stress of waiting again...but then RCCL doesn't give us much choice until right before...airlines either

ok that was my vent 

Buy travel insurance. 

31 minutes ago, rbschultz said:

Nope. And I'm on Anthem next week. If you're scared of boarding a ship because of this, you might as well lock yourself in your house and board the doors. 

Agree. We board AD on the 23rd and will be cautious but really have no more concern than any other of our 49 cruises.

For heaven's sake, go on your cruise!!!  We have been on so many cruises where Norovirus cases were reported.  One year caught something - what no one can tell me - had a fever of 104 for five days and ended up quarantined to my cabin for five days and that has not stopped me from cruising.   You just gotta go with the flow.  What are you going to do.  Cage yourself in your house in the middle of flu season.   Life is too short to worry about all of these things.  Now I would not be flying to Wuhan China - that would not make sense during this outbreak but carry on with normal life and hope that the restrictions that the cruise lines are implementing work.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 12:47 AM, mcatmcat said:

But your are touching your plate ( a plate that has being there expoused to others passengers fingers with the same hand that you use to eat some bread or touch any food, and I assume you also grab a cup of water that has been there expoused to other Passengers  with your left hand right ?  
to be honest the best idea is to get some really clear gloves or just stopping going to a cruise ship all together. 

Of course I'm touching my plate. I use my left hand and I try to take one from the back. You can only do so much without becoming crazy. I also get my drink with my right hand. Sometimes if I think I might have touched something with my left hand then I will only hold my bread at the end and not eat it all. I try to do what I can, but I'm not going to make myself go crazy doing it. Have I ended up getting germs in my mouth at one time or another? Probably far to many times, 🍉 but I do these small things to help reduce the amount. Regarding the exposure from other passengers, EVERYTHING has been exposed to passengers in one way or another. Do what you can without going overboard. :classic_biggrin:

On 2/10/2020 at 9:27 AM, 2chiefs said:

This is a good topic. Some folks take it to the extreme and some don't take it serious enough. I suppose there is some middle ground that makes sense. I've seen some nasty habits to cause concern but I can't let it ruin my vacation. We wash our hands, get our food and then sanitize our hands with sanitizer  before we eat. The only alternative is to stay away from buffets altogether and trust that the crew is trained and committed.

Remember back when the buffet in the windjammer was all served by crew? You had to walk down the line with your tray and point!

High anxiety can ruin a vacation.....

Yuck, I don't even want to think about what I've seen. I have seen far to many people come out of the bathroom without washing their hands. I don't bring hand sanitizer to the buffet with me so I do these small things. We normally eat in the buffet including dinners (except formal nights) so there is plenty of exposure to germs. It is what it is. 

I came across the hand washing stations for the first time in November. It's a great idea and I loved it. 

Edited by ReneeFLL

On 2/7/2020 at 1:05 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Coronavirus stats.. 24000 infected, 500 deaths... Flu stats.. 26 million infected and this season 10,000 deaths in the US.  Worry about the flu not corona. 

Exactly! I work in healthcare and we have had so many patients and staff test positive for Influenza A (H1N1) in the past three weeks. My hands are raw from all of the washing and hand sanitizer. I keep telling people "Stay away. I'm getting on my cruise ship!" while I run after them with sanitizing wipes and a can of disinfectant spray.

I'm on Symphony this Saturday. People keep asking me if I'm scared and plan to cancel. I remind them that this a Caribbean cruise, not Asia.