Off“LIVE” from Harmony of the Seas 2/9/20....and maybe a Perfect Day?

8 hours ago, Grenouille21 said:

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense, and I was thinking maybe the extra chair would be nice. If nothing else it would be a nice buffer between my teens so they don't argue.  

True, they do love their mocktails. Thank you for doing the math for me. I truly was not up to it tonight. 

source.gif

haha, Thanks for the morning laugh! I get it! Math has never been my forte. 

58 minutes ago, teo403 said:

Thinking about going here on our next trip. Do you need to make a reservation for Holland House in advance?

we did not. But I would suggest arriving early, particularly if there are  few ships in port. I can’t recall exactly what time we arrived, but I know it was fairly early and they only had about 8 loungers left.

There are tons of other vendors along the beach aggressively hawking chairs in their own span of sand, but you won’t have use of the nicer bathroom facilities and really nice loungers like Holland House. 

I did try to make a reservation by emailing them the day before we left, but had not gotten a reply so we just decided to try and reserve onsite 

I have a backlog of ship photos but I will wait until I get my WiFi updated to Stream. 

Dinner last night at Izumi. An great choice. We celebrated hubby’s bday, which is actually today, but we were fortunate enough to get one if the last few reservations available when we got onboard,  for last night at 5:15

CB7EB9F5-810B-41E0-AF81-F06FDEB453B8.thumb.jpeg.ccbb09fcb2d4b922b57fb20c16900bb8.jpeg

66DF7813-B36B-4511-BEB1-651F3AFC4928.thumb.jpeg.a3fe9b6359f4667776f1d4ff4b1d97cb.jpeg

• Like 1

@A&L_Ont convinced us (after rave reviews) to try the hibachi, which we did on our Symphony  sailing in March. Sometimes he’s not a bad influence, because it was amazing both visits  😊

I thought I recalled having both lobster and beef tenderloin on Symphony in March, but  the combo wasn’t listed in the menu. The waiter said I could substitute lobster for the shrimp in the samurai, which is exactly what I did. 

the portions are huge, so come hungry. Basically a whole lobster tail and 8 ounce filet. 

the only thing I do not care for Here are the desserts, but you literally won’t have room for them after this meal 

36DC9BCB-238C-43EF-AA1B-4485A5EDD540.thumb.jpeg.755ba199cfbe9d6ce9208a8361ee21da.jpeg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

we did not. But I would suggest arriving early, particularly if there are  few ships in port. I can’t recall exactly what time we arrived, but I know it was fairly early and they only had about 8 loungers left.

There are tons of other vendors along the beach aggressively hawking chairs in their own span of sand, but you won’t have use of the nicer bathroom facilities and really nice loungers like Holland House. 

I did try to make a reservation by emailing them the day before we left, but had not gotten a reply so we just decided to try and reserve onsite 

Thank you very much for the information. 

And thank you for such a great review.  We are on Harmony next week and can't wait!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

Hi Andrew! 👋 When can we expect another review from you??? 🙏

It will be a while unless a surprise cruise comes along. We were at Sandals Barbados a few weeks ago and have Maui for 10 days in April. We don’t board a ship until October, Symphony.  We had to cancel our March cruise this past fall because of hockey. Owen is just starting 1/4 finals for hockey and was tied for 13 in league points from approx 250 kids. Not too shabby for his first year of rep hockey.  Rep baseball training starts this week, and will be consuming summer along with local league soccer. 

In the meantime I am enjoy live reviews like Chris’s and Twangster.  Nothing like living vicariously through the eyes of others. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We had to cancel our March cruise this past fall because of hockey. Owen is just starting 1/4 finals for hockey and was tied for 13 in league points from approx 250 kids. Not too shabby for his first year of rep hockey.  Rep baseball training starts this week, and will be consuming summer along with local league soccer. 

Nice to see Owen doing so well.  This has to be the first in a long while not cruising at March break.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Not too shabby for his first year of rep hockey.  Rep baseball training starts this week, and will be consuming summer along with local league soccer. 

Congrats to Owen. I remember those days. I will look forward to hearing about your October cruise.

3 hours ago, niksmom630 said:
3 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

Dinner last night at Izumi. An great choice.    @A&L_Ont convinced us (after rave reviews) to try the hibachi...

How do you make reservations for Dinner - hibachi - at Izumi?  Do you have to wait and do it on board?  I don't see the hibachi as an option in my cruise planner.  TIA

Great review!

We are headed to Oasis on March 1st.

Has there been any talk about Coronavirus? Do people seem worried at all?  

Enjoy the week onboard!  Your pictures are fantastic and we are headed to Holland House too 🙂 we were there last February thanks to A&L's advice!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 10th Anniversary said:

How do you make reservations for Dinner - hibachi - at Izumi?  Do you have to wait and do it on board?  I don't see the hibachi as an option in my cruise planner.  TIA

What ship are you on.  Not all ships have Izumi or Hibachi.  It should be in your cruise planner. 

Looking at your signature it appears Harmony.  Perhaps it’s sold out.  They do hold back space to book on-board. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What ship are you on.  Not all ships have Izumi or Hibachi.  It should be in your cruise planner. 

Looking at your signature it appears Harmony.  Perhaps it’s sold out.  They do hold back space to book on-board. 

We can book the Izumi through our cruise planner... but it appears to only option is the sushi dinner.  We don't eat sushi but are interested in booking the "hibachi" style dinner.  I don't see where we have an option to choose between sushi or hibachi.  🤷‍♀️

3 minutes ago, 10th Anniversary said:

We can book the Izumi through our cruise planner... but it appears to only option is the sushi dinner.  We don't eat sushi but are interested in booking the "hibachi" style dinner.  I don't see where we have an option to choose between sushi or hibachi.  🤷‍♀️

They are listed separately.  If Hibachi is not showing it is probably sold out. Check on board. 

A0298141-6445-43D5-ADAF-74D94D9D16A3.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They are listed separately.  If Hibachi is not showing it is probably sold out. Check on board. 

Thank you!!  It's currently not listed in our cruise planner.  I'll keep a watch on the cruise planner and see if it pops up.  Otherwise, we'll check on board.  Thanks again!

38 minutes ago, 10th Anniversary said:

@niksmom630... Sorry... Didn't mean to hijack your thread with my questions... but when I saw your Izumi pics... I had to ask.  Loving your review.  Hope you are having a fantastic trip.

Thanks! And no worries! That’s what live reports are for. 🤗ask away! 

1 hour ago, ckrobyn said:

Great review!

We are headed to Oasis on March 1st.

Has there been any talk about Coronavirus? Do people seem worried at all?  

Enjoy the week onboard!  Your pictures are fantastic and we are headed to Holland House too 🙂 we were there last February thanks to A&L's advice!

thanks! It’s been a great week thus far! Haven’t heard anyone onboard talking about the virus. Nothing out of the ordinary in the way of additional sanitation procedures that I can tell either. 

enjoy Holland house! Our day was kind of a bust because it rained most of the day 😔 but we’ll be looking forward to our next trip 

• Like 1