Off“LIVE” from Harmony of the Seas 2/9/20....and maybe a Perfect Day?

7 hours ago, Underboss101 said:

Great live review!... I will be on the 2/23 sailing  How is the water temperatures?  I've heard to temps have been cool this month?

I’m from Chicago 🥶 I like my pool temps in the 80’s, so I’m probably not the best judge . It felt cold to me . If you are the hearty sort, it’ll probably feel balmy xx

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

I’m from Chicago 🥶 I like my pool temps in the 80’s, so I’m probably not the best judge . It felt cold to me . If you are the hearty sort, it’ll probably feel balmy xx

So true. If it’s below 80 degrees you surely won’t find me swimming or soaking in it either. 😀

• Like 1

Thanks for the Coco Cay pictures, especially the cabana ones. The cabanas look beautiful! 

Were you able to request what beverages you wanted in your cabana fridge? 

Were there chairs readily available if you didn’t have a cabana? Sure looked like a lot of towels sitting on otherwise empty chairs to me. 

Edited by perfect match

19 hours ago, Underboss101 said:

Great live review!... I will be on the 2/23 sailing  How is the water temperatures?  I've heard to temps have been cool this month?

We were there last month and I thought the water temperature were okay. A little on the cool side, but not bad after being in the water for awhile. We live in Florida so we are used to warmer water temperatures. I don’t know what the exact water temperature was in various areas around the island, but I know it was a warmer than water temperatures at water parks and beaches up North in the middle of the summer. 

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Launch moved till Monday 10:05am

Sorry

our driver said it’s been moved a few times now. We were concerned about traffic on the way to MCO, but in fact, we made it here by 9. 1 hour 15 minutes from cabin to curbside Check in 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, perfect match said:

Thanks for the Coco Cay pictures, especially the cabana ones. The cabanas look beautiful! 

Were you able to request what beverages you wanted in your cabana fridge? 

Were there chairs readily available if you didn’t have a cabana? Sure looked like a lot of towels sitting on otherwise empty chairs to me. 

The cabana fridge was stocked when we arrived. We didn’t get to choose what was in it. 

The coco beach club is all by reservation only. You either have a cabana or the day pass which would entitle you to two lounge chairs and and an umbrella. I may have snapped the picture you are mentioning at lunch time, in which case the chair occupants may have been eating lunch. ☺️

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

How early did you get to Coco Beach Club was the dedicated tram available?

so, this was my one “annoyance” of the day. 🤨 

the shore excursion ticket said meeting time, 8:15, meeting place, “check back later” 

40B33043-860E-4C97-95A9-11B23A021A5C.thumb.jpeg.f432902f3d3965ee5e001e9bf3e8797e.jpeg

the app reservation said the same thing. Called guest services early in the morning, and they said to just proceed to the gangway, and someone from the shore ex desk would be there to direct us. 

Well, there wasn’t anyone. Walked the length of the pier to the entrance. Had to ask someone where to get the tram. Inquired about “dedicated” tram, and he looked at my excursion ticket and told me to wait in line.  It made  a stop before arriving at Coco beach club 

E2BD7EE6-522A-4691-83CA-060EED91B86C.thumb.jpeg.1782d5c904e12046840f3648fa5da0a4.jpeg

finally saw one of the “dedicated” trams drive by, empty 

54B2F77A-4084-4210-A9D0-9C289E9148A3.thumb.jpeg.d3712380ffc46430cd4504a5304d09c6.jpeg

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Funny, we went there on the first day last week, and you visit on the last day

I wasn’t sure how I felt about this itinerary 2 sea days upfront, and with the last day being a port day. 

but, it was the happiest I can recall ever feeling on A Day 7....with the exception a single back to back cruise

on Brilliance and my elongated Allure cruise courtesy of Hurricane Dorian. 

In fact, I’m pretty excited that  I have a similar itinerary on Oasis this November. 2 sea days, St. Kitts, St Thomas and cococay 🤗

• Like 2

A few last Coco Cay thoughts....

- there were stingrays around the area between the beach cabanas and the floating cabanas. Remember the stingray shuffle if you really want a perfect day at coco cay 😳

- The floor plan renderings of the beach cabana show a changing closet. While it is a closet, it has shelves in it, so you can’t use it for changing unless you possess contortionist talent. But it’s a great place to store your used plates until they are picked up by the cabana attendant. The flies can be voracious  

- no balloon rides offered because of wind conditions. Apparently the few photos I got from the ship were the last of the day. 

- the cabana attendants have these great wheels to transport food and beverages from the beach club restaurant to your cabana. 

00903F63-9BA5-492C-AA0F-2DADF5378E44.thumb.jpeg.f62ddfb01fe0e19b842ab1569b4cc1cb.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

I wasn’t sure how I felt about this itinerary 2 sea days upfront, and with the last day being a port day. 

but, it was the happiest I can recall ever feeling on A Day 7

So glad you mentioned this. . .

I was a little unsure about not having a sea day on day 7. You are right, day 7 has always been a little sad.  We head to Coco Cay Beach Club in June.  Now, I am looking forward to it more than ever.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

A few last Coco Cay 

- The floor plan renderings of the beach cabana show a changing closet. While it is a closet, it has shelves in it, so you can’t use it for changing unless you possess contortionist talent. But it’s a great place to store your used plates until they are picked up by the cabana attendant. The flies can be voracious  

Is there a shower in the cabana🤔