To use or not to use public toilets on board.

chabad

13 hours ago, ldubs said:

We were recently on a newer ship that routed everyone through a row of sinks at the entrance to the buffet.  I liked that a lot.  Guess we were raised to wash up before eating and it stuck.  Haha

All the Princess ships I've been on recently have had wash facilities at the entrances to the buffet, but not at the entrances to the MDRs which is understandable as more people arrive all at once at the MDRs and it would cause chaos waiting for them all to wash their hands.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

12 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

All the Princess ships I've been on recently have had wash facilities at the entrances to the buffet, but not at the entrances to the MDRs which is understandable as more people arrive all at once at the MDRs and it would cause chaos waiting for them all to wash their hands.

The other thing is that in the dining rooms the people you are most likely going to infect are those at your table.  In the buffets, an infected person can transmit the infection to quite a few others through the common utensils used to make food selections.

Yes, the last two Princess ships that we have been on (the Royal Princess in September and the Star Princess in January) have had sinks at the entrance of the buffets.  Last April we cruised on the Ruby Princess. and it did not have sinks in the buffet entrances.  I don't know if that has changed since April.