Changed my cabin - Help

Wblotner

Just discovered Princess changed my cabin. I had what they call an obstructed view balcony cabin on the bump out but I’ve been in it before and the balcony is so much bigger and no obstruction. I booked last summer as I wanted that specific cabin as well as the one next door for friends as we can join the balconies. How do I get my original cabins back? 

Same thing happened to me in January. I had cabin on bumpout obstructed. Not really an obstruction and large balcony.

They changed me to a cabin on Aloha deck very forward tiny balcony. I called Princess said I wanted my cabin back.

Person said she couldn't change it but put an email to the department. She said she couldn't even call that department only email. They take no calls. Got my cabin back. No email or call but it appeared back in my personalizer the next morning.

We had our upcoming cruise cabin moved from the stern area which we wanted to a cabin forward and one deck under the lido deck.  This after we had the cabin marked no upgrade and after final payment.  We had booked through Princess so I was able to get the original cabin back but it took several calls and the usual go around about not being able to do it.  On the last call to them they acknowledged that the cabin had been marked no upgrade but they "upgraded" it anyway.  

37 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Same thing happened to me in January. I had cabin on bumpout obstructed. Not really an obstruction and large balcony.

They changed me to a cabin on Aloha deck very forward tiny balcony. I called Princess said I wanted my cabin back.

Person said she couldn't change it but put an email to the department. She said she couldn't even call that department only email. They take no calls. Got my cabin back. No email or call but it appeared back in my personalizer the next morning.

Hopefully you had them mark it as "no upgrade" at that time...

16 hours ago, Wblotner said:

Just discovered Princess changed my cabin. I had what they call an obstructed view balcony cabin on the bump out but I’ve been in it before and the balcony is so much bigger and no obstruction. I booked last summer as I wanted that specific cabin as well as the one next door for friends as we can join the balconies. How do I get my original cabins back? 

Same just happened to me.   Forgot to uncheck 'complementary upgrade'.   Talked to a supervisor wanting my original cabin back.   In the end she said it is my fault because I did not uncheck complementary upgrade and the ship was sailing full.   Sent an email about six days ago.   They acknowledged receipt and would write back in 4, still have not heard.   People are saying they are cancelling due to the coronavirus so they have some cabins.    I think they are too caught up with Diamond Princess in limbo at sea so I am not expecting to hear.   This has turned me off Princess and I would probably still go with Princess where it suited me but   I have  decided to go along on Sunday and perhaps stick with RCCL in future  and enjoy getting to pinnacle.   There is no incentive for me to stay with Princess as an elite, there is nothing left to achieve except one bottle of wine per cruise.

14 hours ago, san diego sue said:

Apparently, that is the procedure.  Over the years we have received three (I believe) "Congratulations, You Have Been Upgraded" e-mails from Princess.  Invariably, Mrs. XBGuy disagrees.  (More often than not, I agree with her, but, in case of a tie, she always has the tie-breaking vote.)  I, then, call Princess and ask to be reinstated to our original cabin.  I have never encountered any resisitance to this request because I've always called withing 24 hours of the e-mail transmission.  Every time, the Princess telephone agent advises that he/she must fill out a form, but we would, probably be reinstated to our original cabin within 48 hours.  I am happy to report that it has worked every time.

Yes, I know that after I book a cruise, I can call Princess and have my reservation marked "No Upgrade."  I just don't.

6 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Apparently, that is the procedure.  Over the years we have received three (I believe) "Congratulations, You Have Been Upgraded" e-mails from Princess.  Invariably, Mrs. XBGuy disagrees.  (More often than not, I agree with her, but, in case of a tie, she always has the tie-breaking vote.)  I, then, call Princess and ask to be reinstated to our original cabin.  I have never encountered any resisitance to this request because I've always called withing 24 hours of the e-mail transmission.  Every time, the Princess telephone agent advises that he/she must fill out a form, but we would, probably be reinstated to our original cabin within 48 hours.  I am happy to report that it has worked every time.

Yes, I know that after I book a cruise, I can call Princess and have my reservation marked "No Upgrade."  I just don't.

if you are able to check your emails multiple times a day … and not a couple times a week

I emailed back immediately after getting email and rang 15 mins later when I arrived home.  Some of you were lucky but I was not.  Will always remember to do it but some of you are saying it happened regardless.  Don't want to take that chance again.

On 2/9/2020 at 4:17 PM, Rassa said:

I emailed back immediately after getting email and rang 15 mins later when I arrived home.  Some of you were lucky but I was not.  Will always remember to do it but some of you are saying it happened regardless.  Don't want to take that chance again.

They did send the email and now I’m waiting. I’d did not get an email saying I was being upgraded. Just a link from the travel agent to the itinerary which I thought was a reminder of my upcoming payment due.  My husband is livid and wants to cancel since we don’t travel until June. I can tell you if they don’t change us to a satisfactory cabin we may never book with princess again which is a shame since we loved our British Isles trip last year and will be retiring soon. Since I booked through an agency there wasn’t a box for me to select. I just hope things work out. I’ll keep you all posted. 

5 minutes ago, Wblotner said:

They did send the email and now I’m waiting. I’d did not get an email saying I was being upgraded. Just a link from the travel agent to the itinerary which I thought was a reminder of my upcoming payment due.  My husband is livid and wants to cancel since we don’t travel until June. I can tell you if they don’t change us to a satisfactory cabin we may never book with princess again which is a shame since we loved our British Isles trip last year and will be retiring soon. Since I booked through an agency there wasn’t a box for me to select. I just hope things work out. I’ll keep you all posted. 

The rep at the agency should have asked you if you would be willing to accept an upgrade. If he/she did not, you need to use a new agency.

The default marking is "will accept an upgrade", so you must be proactive at booking time if you do not want a possible upgrade.

I do remember seeing the box ticked to accept a complimentary upgrade but thought I would deal with that later but unfortunately if you don't untick it during the booking process you have to ring Princess Cruises to change it and I did not realise that  and forgot about it.   Wblotner your agent should have asked you - she is the one to sack.

I go Sunday, I have not been contacted again when they said they would and I see a cabin close to where I was, for sale now, nearly double the price I paid.  I had another look at the new cabin on Marina deck and it seems more under the buffet so I may just leave it alone.   I have my mind on whether the ship will get from Australia to Singapore now.   It's a big turnoff for me to book Princess again and I am just as happy sailing with RCCL and Celebrity as I am getting to Diamond plus. 

Wblotner, if I were you, I would think about cancelling if they don't change you.   It is a fair way out and you may get a better deal booking last minute.   However, I understand you may want to keep your booking and you may be up for cancellation fees with your agent.  Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Well good news. The agency accepted responsibility and had me moved to a mini suite on a lower deck. A bit not forward than I’d like but a good outcome. I had lost $300 Princess OBC but the agency gave me their OBC’s to cover.