Cunard's Coronavirus Cancellations/Refunds (Merged threads)

LittleFish1976

17 minutes ago, samiam1 said:

And remember it is now Fall in the Southern hemisphere and temperatures are dropping which supposedly spread COVID 19.

The SARS-CoV-2 virus is spreading quite well in warmer parts of the northern hemisphere, e.g. the Canaries which aren't that far north of the equator. A lot of factors are involved, and I haven't seen anything from a respectable source, i.e. governmental or academic, which suggest a correlation between temperature and spread.

Edited by kentchris

17 hours ago, ellie1145 said:

That’s scandalous. There is no way they can operate this cruise. Are your flights still available? Even if you could get there you have to self isolate for 14 days.

They want to push you to the limit so they can give you nothing.

So sorry to hear this. Hope they cancel and do the right thing.

What’s even worse is that they are still selling the cruise both in the U.K. and Australia.  It’s shameful.  I must say that my cancelled cruise with Princess was much smoother process . We had no issue getting a refund and they offered 50%FCC as they cancelled within 2 weeks  of the cruise. They also payed our out of pocket expenses for private tours we booked and airport parking cancellation fees. I know who I will be cruising with in the future.  
The attitude of Cunard ( just be grateful that we let you cruise with us) has to change and customer service improve, if they want to survive. We are diamond level in there world cruiser program and my husband has had enough of there don’t care attitude.  We will be trying other cruise lines going forward.

The new US relief legislation will not bail out cruise lines - "The bill passed by Congress says companies getting loans or loan guarantees must be “organized” in the U.S. under American laws and have a majority of their employees based in the U.S." 

They can still try to borrow, of course.  The CEO of Carnival allowed as much, although maybe he was putting a good face on the emerging bill.

26 minutes ago, Cruzinram said:

When is Cunard going to announce the status of sailings after April 11?  It is only days away. RCL has already extended their Global Suspension.

I am still booked on 12 April sailing on QE  and Australia has now extended the ban on cruise ships until July, still Cunard have not cancelled the cruise. Carnival has cancelled their Australia sailings until July  and Holland America will be announcing their decision on Monday.

Yet again nothing but silence from Cunard.

16 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Sorry but the silence and inaction by Cunard is absolutely shocking and will do permanent damage to the brand and company and lose many of its loyal customers.

The entire industry is in crisis mode. 

Just now, majortom10 said:

Some have handled it better than Cunard and their bedfellows P&O.

I am also dealing with Ponant (worse) and Crystal (same non responsive).  I doubt I will see my refunds anytime soon if at all.

2 minutes ago, vtgal said:

Not sure about HAL

have not see anything definitive 

and the Zaandam is in serious trouble with infection

Given the lack of cash flow, ships still at sea, and costs: you can bet giving back money is the least priority for any cruise line.

7 hours ago, KetoCruiser said:

Here’s a copy of post I saw from P&O Australia 

https://www.pocruises.com.au/news-centre/2020/2020-march-25

I've just read this notice from P&O/OZ and I commend it to other readers here, as it states clearly and unequivocally what their position is and what they are doing and when. No vagaries or contradictions. 
Simon Palethorpe: this is how to do it.

2 hours ago, Cruzinram said:

When is Cunard going to announce the status of sailings after April 11?  It is only days away. RCL has already extended their Global Suspension.

2 hours ago, alc13 said:

The new US relief legislation will not bail out cruise lines - "The bill passed by Congress says companies getting loans or loan guarantees must be “organized” in the U.S. under American laws and have a majority of their employees based in the U.S." 

They can still try to borrow, of course.  The CEO of Carnival allowed as much, although maybe he was putting a good face on the emerging bill.

As i understand it Carnival as a group has access to a 3 billion dollar credit facility

38 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Someone on one of the Cunard facebook pages has posted that Canada has closed ports until October. I can not verify. If anyone knows, please let us know . 

As of now there has been no update from the Government of Canada since this original notice on the 13th of March. Of course, things can change quickly.

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2020/03/government-of-canada-announces-intention-to-defer-the-start-of-cruise-ship-season-in-canada-as-covid-19-response-measure.html

On 3/27/2020 at 1:25 AM, IB2 said:

Those of us waiting for redress from cancelled cruises would do well to think about the wider picture.  If the cruise companies are forced to the wall because of everyone pushing to get their money now, then there is a clear risk of collapse and many won’t see their money at all.

So be patient, recognise that the companies have a severe cash flow crisis right now, and be prepared to wait for your refund.  You are alive, you aren’t infected by this virus, and you have enough spare spending money to be able afford cruises with Cunard.  So count yourselves very fortunate.

This would probably be quite acceptable - BUT only if Cunard communicate their intentions - instead of try to play poker with us to see who blinks first!!!!!

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 10:47 PM, KetoCruiser said:

I am on roll call for our upcoming cruise around Australia and one of the Australians posted a copy of the offer, perhaps it’s P& O Australia.

Anyway our cruise is due to start on 12 April and Cunard has still not cancelled. What I did receive from them today was new cancellation policy as it’s 16 days to the cruise, if I cancel today I will get 25% refund and 75% fcc, if I cancel tomorrow I get 10% refund and 90% fcc. If I cancel less than48 hours I get nothing.

Then dont cancel within 2 days of departure - they will have to cancel the cruise on the day of departure as they have done before!!!! My cruise was cancelled by Cunard  long BEFORE the due date of departure - and they promised a full refund. That was over  a month ago and have not heard anything from them or my TA since!!!! I can see this all ending in some kind of legal "Class action" - although as someone here said, we mere passengers are simply only unsecured creditors who will be lucky to see anything , cash of FCC from Cunard!!! 

4 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Someone on one of the Cunard facebook pages has posted that Canada has closed ports until October. I can not verify. If anyone knows, please let us know . 

oskidunker: cancelling your September 11 2020 cruise is an option.

5 hours ago, bazzaw said:

Then dont cancel within 2 days of departure - they will have to cancel the cruise on the day of departure as they have done before!!!! My cruise was cancelled by Cunard  long BEFORE the due date of departure - and they promised a full refund. That was over  a month ago and have not heard anything from them or my TA since!!!! I can see this all ending in some kind of legal "Class action" - although as someone here said, we mere passengers are simply only unsecured creditors who will be lucky to see anything , cash of FCC from Cunard!!! 

bazzaw, We opted for the full refund which Cunard said would take 45 days. When I finally got in touch with our TA she said when they got the refund from Cunard it would take them another 3 weeks to refund the money to us! We wonder who will go bankrupt first, Cunard or the TA. Not that I wish either of them to go bankrupt but we are not holding our breath re getting our money back.