Silhouette Tuscan grille or Italian steakhouse

JDERR2752

1 minute ago, JDERR2752 said:

Trying to decide on first night dinner.  Any thoughts on either restaurant. Thank you in  advance

Tuscan Grille is the Italian steakhouse. 

On Silhouette and all S class ships, Tuscan has beautiful aft views. We always love it. Have always had a great filet mignon but have read mixed reviews on their other cuts of meat. The burrata salad, charcuterie, and chicken parmigiana are all family favorites in our group.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, rM3panno said:

Tuscan Grille is the Italian steakhouse. 

On Silhouette and all S class ships, Tuscan has beautiful aft views. We always love it. Have always had a great filet mignon but have read mixed reviews on their other cuts of meat. The burrata salad, charcuterie, and chicken parmigiana are all family favorites in our group.

What time would you suggest being the firSt night and not to miss all the fun stuff 

15 minutes ago, JDERR2752 said:

What time would you suggest being the firSt night and not to miss all the fun stuff 

That’s really a personal decision depending on where you are sailing from and what time you like to eat. If it is a really picturesque sail away then it’s nice to try and catch some views and the sunset on the aft. We usually eat between 6-7 on non sail away nights.

1 hour ago, cruzzzinma said:

Much prefer Murano, the French restaurant. The views from Tuscan are gorgeous but, for us,  the food experience is not even close to Murano.

I agree with you.   I have always had great experiences at Murano's but for me Tuscan has been hit or miss.

• Like 3

It seems most folks on this forum prefer Murano over Tuscan. Granted, I haven't dusted off my abacus and analyzed all the feedback but I suspect many would agree with this.

From a culinary perspective I don't have a preference as I've never visited either. Taking it further we've never even been on a ship.

Even with the anecdotal evidence that Murano is preferred over Tuscan, the better half and I opted for the latter as our dinner for the first night. It wasn't because Tuscan was all we could get or because the timing of the reservation worked with our schedule. It was because we're on the Equinox in May and we believe our first sunset view experience while on any ship would be much more awesome than anything Murano can provide. We're delighted with our decision of a 7:00 reservation to bear witness to an 8:00 sunset.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Weenah said:

It seems most folks on this forum prefer Murano over Tuscan. Granted, I haven't dusted off my abacus and analyzed all the feedback but I suspect many would agree with this.

From a culinary perspective I don't have a preference as I've never visited either. Taking it further we've never even been on a ship.

Even with the anecdotal evidence that Murano is preferred over Tuscan, the better half and I opted for the latter as our dinner for the first night. It wasn't because Tuscan was all we could get or because the timing of the reservation worked with our schedule. It was because we're on the Equinox in May and we believe our first sunset view experience while on any ship would be much more awesome than anything Murano can provide. We're delighted with our decision of a 7:00 reservation to bear witness to an 8:00 sunset.

An alternative is to enjoy a lovely glass of wine at the Sunset bar while taking in the sunset, then go to Murano and enjoy a wonderful meal. Whatever you decide have an awesome cruise.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 10:18 AM, Jim_Iain said:

I agree with you.   I have always had great experiences at Murano's but for me Tuscan has been hit or miss.

We had the same experiences.  But, the last few times we have dined in Tuscan, it has been very good.  😋

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2020 at 9:06 AM, JDERR2752 said:

Trying to decide on first night dinner.  Any thoughts on either restaurant. Thank you in  advance

Being sailaway, i would opt for the Lawn Club Grill. A bit more casual, in the event you do not receive your luggage until later, food quality excellent, great service and plenty of views. The down side is if you are sailing from a colder climate.

Between Murano & Tuscan......Both have good food /service. Although i must disagree with most here that Murano is in any way superior. it has a different flair, but the menu is unforgiving to those with specific diet needs.

it's all personal preference. Get a package and try them all!

For embarkation day, specialty restaurants are not usually crowded; however, to be safe, I would make reservations ahead of time.  If you need to make changes, you can always do so onboard.  If you have Celebrity OBC, you can use that for your advance reservation.