Repositioning Cruise

11 minutes ago, CTCcruiserr said:

Does anyone have any information concerning the re-positioning of the Allure of the Seas from Florida ro Galveston the Fall of 2021 - wondering when booking will open for that cruise

That repo will be a non revenue sailing.

1 hour ago, CTCcruiserr said:

Does anyone have any information concerning the re-positioning of the Allure of the Seas from Florida ro Galveston the Fall of 2021 - wondering when booking will open for that cruise

No passengers except staff and VIP's

1 hour ago, Ptroxx said:

How do you get the offers  for a REPO.  ??  

The caveat is that Royal can't transport passengers from Pt Canaveral to Galveston with the route they will use. It violates US laws. 

So, can they give trips away? Beats me.

Its a long way off, so I wouldn't worry

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

So, can they give trips away? Beats me.

Reading into the PVSA I don't think they have to revenue based passengers to violate the PVSA.  The wording is to the effect that if a crew position is essential to ship operations or for executives of the company the PVSA is waived, otherwise PVSA applies.

In one ruling a video crew was on board capturing marketing videos and were ruled to be in violation of the PVSA because they were not essential to ship operations.  

If there was a loophole where passengers could be brought on for free and waive the PVSA there would be a ferry service or passenger ship that would find a way to exploit that and "give away" rides.  Always someone trying to find a way around the rules so they have to be strict in enforcement.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ssb said:

I am open !!! 

You should be on the bridge with the Captain as it sails into the Port of Galveston.  Maybe you can be hired as a goodwill welcome ambassador to get around that pesky PVSA rule. 

If not, maybe board from the pilot boat as Allure enters the harbor?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

You should be on the bridge with the Captain as it sails into the Port of Galveston.  Maybe you can be hired as a goodwill welcome ambassador to get around that pesky PVSA rule. 

If not, maybe board from the pilot boat as Allure enters the harbor?

I’m available . We have  done a bunch of bridge tours . I would love to be out on pilot boat and board up to bridge for arrival . 

• Like 1