Grand Dutch Cafe

GeriatricNurse

11 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

And the pea soup is really good...no kidding.....try that.

Agreed!   Darn good pea soup and they have some pretty fantastic pastries too.  They have one pastry that sort of looks like an éclair that was heavenly.   Love the Dutch Café 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, GeriatricNurse said:

What is complimentary and what is at cost at the 'Grand Dutch Cafe' onboard the 'Nieuw Statendam'?

The 7-inch diameter chocolate chip cookies are chewy, buttery, and free.

Here is the Grand Dutch Cafe menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Dutch-Cafe-1.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I enjoyed this venue recently on the NS. The chocolate chip cookie is fantastic!  And HUGE! It is the size of a plate.  And free too.  The chocolate  covered pastry is like a chocolate covered eclair.  It is free and delicious too.  Unfortunately I did not have a chance to try the food, but it looked good as they displayed some entrees in the glass case.  Great spot to sit and enjoy your treats.  There is a small alcove area that looks out to the ocean. Lovely little spot to eat or drink. 

71D21F54-60A7-47BB-90C7-EE8EE002E8A0.jpeg

AB8A6828-1A96-4AB6-AF6F-0E994075D74A.jpeg

Edited by margar

Just got off the Koningsdam on Wed. Grand Dutch cafe was a favourite place...for the Dutch food: Apple pancake, croquettes, fries, other items. European beer is available, Heineken & some others. Wait staff were excellent and allowed me to practice some of my limited Dutch. 

3 hours ago, Crew News said:

The 7-inch diameter chocolate chip cookies are chewy, buttery, and free.

Here is the Grand Dutch Cafe menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Dutch-Cafe-1.pdf

So many goodies!  Once in the MDR, I ordered The "Uitsmijter" for Breakfast.  Believe me, it should not be considered a "snack".  I did not want Lunch or anything else to eat until dinner!  It was delicious, but filled me to the brim!

13 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

And the pea soup is really good...no kidding.....try that.

Aw yes pea soup.  That brings back memories of when I was in Alaska in 2010 on the Amsterdam.

They opened up the Bow of the ship during glacier visits and served warm pea soup.  YUM