Penthouse Amenities

Momma Rene

13 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

We are new to Oceania.  We've sailed Celebrity in their suites and enjoyed Michael's Club, Lumanae.  I believe we like the smaller bar and dining areas.  Is there any amenities on Oceania if you book a penthouse?

Penthouse benefits on Oceania are chiefly the larger room, the Butler Service, and the Specialty Restaurant Booking Bump where Penthouse Guests may pre-reserve specialty restaurants earlier than others.

Penthouse also gets access to the small spa sundeck with its lounge chairs and whirlpool, and more selection in room service, including from the specialty restaurants. 

Edited by Clutj

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

For those sailing on the O ships, Marina and Riveria, in PH and above they can also enjoy the amenities of the Executive Lounge. We enjoy use of the Lounge, especially on Sea Days, and miss it on the R ships.

Can you please tell me about the Executive Lounge?

A concierge is on duty several hours a day to help with various problems -- I've always found them helpful but I only used them to arrange time and place for Meet & Greets.  I have seen more complaints on CC about how helpful they are than I have seen compliments. There are also snacks and drinks during the day, various newspapers to read.  All in all, a comfortable space.

But admittedly, we haven't used it much ... other than to coordinate Meet & Greets.  I give them a list of participants and invites are distributed to each cabin on the list.  Usually they suggest Horizons in the evening but the last two cruises they had us use the Sanctuary because both cruises had large alumni groups on board and they snagged Horizons.  The Sanctuary was convenient for US but it's best for groups numbering fewer than 50 or so.

Mura

13 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

Can you please tell me about the Executive Lounge?

the executive lounge is a room about 20' by 12' or so that has chairs, reading material, a lounge agent that can help with who knows what, snacks, drinks (coffee/tea/soft drinks).

Some people love it, sit around for hours.  Some never set foot in it the whole cruise.  I was in a PH last cruise and would stop in every couple of days for a soft drink, and to look at the dining menus.

There are no windows, so no views.  I guess you could hang out there while doing laundry or use it as a meeting place.

Edited by Nachosdelux

2 hours ago, Paulchili said:

The ability to dine en suite from any of the specialties is a big bonus for us - either when we cannot get extra reservations or just want to dine in our bathrobes and slippers after a busy day out.

+1.  For us, this was the main benefit of a PH, along with the extra space.  

35 minutes ago, Nachosdelux said:

There are no windows, so no views.

x_064447.jpg

I believe that I can safely say without fear of successful contradiction that if there were windows in the Executive Lounge, we would hear a never ending chorus of "what a waste" and "why do we need that when our Penthouse down the hall has precisely the same view".  

Some people would not be happy if they were hung with brand new rope...

• Like 1

I enjoy going into the Executive or Concierge Lounge and reading a couple of the newspapers that are on hand. I like to catch up on what’s going on in the world occasionally and aren’t overwhelmed with the stations on the squawk box in our cabins. It’s quiet, with a convenient cup of coffee or drinks close at hand. 

I find it interesting that some of the same people that rave over the library attempt to knock down the two Lounges!! Personally, I’m not looking for a place to nap, which many seem to do in the ship’s library.

50 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

I was hoping it was a nice bar area like Celebrity Michaels Club. It as always open for quiet corners during the day and a wonderful gathering place later for drinks with new found friends 

Though I am not familiar with Michael's Club, I believe that you'll find Martini's (especially on R ships) very similar in size and ambiance.

1 hour ago, Momma Rene said:

I was hoping it was a nice bar area like Celebrity Michaels Club. It as always open for quiet corners during the day and a wonderful gathering place later for drinks with new found friends 

if you bring your own drinks, and bring your own friends, and bring your own musical entertainment, it is very similar to Michael's Club.

Edited by Nachosdelux
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Momma Rene said:

36 minutes ago, Nachosdelux said:

if you bring your own drinks, and bring your own friends, and bring your own musical entertainment, it is very similar to Michael's Club.

I don't think so, not even remotely similar. 

3 minutes ago, ORV said:

I don't think so, not even remotely similar. 

I think Nachosdelux  was trying to be humourous ...maybe 😉

not sure  they allow you to bring drinks in the lounge  I have never tried  but it is that last place I would want to hang out  ...just saying

😃

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

Though I am not familiar with Michael's Club, I believe that you'll find Martini's (especially on R ships) very similar in size and ambiance.

Thanks for the update!  I suppose we are looking for a smaller, more intimate setting.  Sounds like Martini's would be lovely.

3 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

Thanks for the update!  I suppose we are looking for a smaller, more intimate setting.  Sounds like Martini's would be lovely.

On Insignia we found Martini's overcrowded at times so went up to Horizons and found it mostly empty.  

Momma Rene, the other thing you must remember is that Oceania ships are much smaller than any of the Celebrity ships, so consequently, there aren’t as many places to congregate.  But at the same time, there are far fewer passengers on O.  There’s never been a feeling of being crowded on O, unlike the feeling on the big X ships.  

A nice place on Riviera and Marina is the Grand Bar on Deck six.  Every evening there is a string quartet that plays there.  It’s a very popular place 

7 minutes ago, kitty9 said:

A nice place on Riviera and Marina is the Grand Bar on Deck six.  Every evening there is a string quartet that plays there.  It’s a very popular place

Agreed. It is a great place to have a drink (or not) while enjoying the quartet - not a good place to socialize. People who are there to listen to the music do not appreciate conversations of others.

• Like 1

We tend not to go to the bars -- DH doesn't drink alcohol (maybe just a little bit but he's more into apricot sours and straight gin) and I'm happy to have a drink in our room before dinner, than a glass of wine with.

But when we HAVE been in the bars we have not found them to be raucous places ...  Horizons is larger than the other bars mentioned but I can't recall it ever being terribly noisy when we were there.  Yes, they do have more music than, say, Martinis.  But we've found the music enjoyable ... and we are classical music fans.  A couple of years ago we really enjoyed a female jazz singer there during cocktail hour.

Wanting a quiet "drinking place" on Oceania doesn't seem necessary ...at least not to me.  I can understand that you'd like a place similar to what you are used to.  But I don't think you would be unhappy with any of the bars on Oceania.

• Like 1