Equinox Refreshed Suites

nextariel

55 minutes ago, nextariel said:

Still hoping someone has stayed in the Equinox deck 12 suites since the refresh. Wondering if the noise has been improved? Were the suite redone or just the Retreat added?

We stayed in a Royal suite in August- don't notice any change- perhaps some of the slip covers- As far as the refresh- unfortunately the Retreat wasn't completely finished- unlike the edge- no water features, no bar or restaurant- very hot an sunny- didn't bother using it-  I cannot believe that they did anything to make the cabins more sound proof- but we stayed in a Royal not a sky.  The alcoves were redone and we enjoyed a couple of days in them on the lawn deck.

It is a wonderful ship and we enjoyed our cruise.

We were in 2150 on equinox just a few weeks ago. The noise was absolutely unbelievable. Honestly I can’t believe that they would sell any cruise room with this level of loud noise, but especially a suite.. The scraping and banging of the deck chairs began at around 6 o’clock each morning and continued throughout the day. Tired from being awoken so early and want to take a nap after lunch? Too bad, it sounds like there is a bowling alley above you.  It wasn’t quite as bothersome in the evenings as it seemed to quiet down after 9 PM so I didn’t keep us from going to bed, We tried your plugs which dampened some of the sound but didn’t help the vibration at all. It was a really a non-restful week and I can’t imagine that they won’t have to do some significant reengineering to dampen the sound.  I wouldn’t go on a cruise in this room again if it was free and I’m not kidding.

We were in 2122 last month. A little “rolling cart” noise a couple times but nothing problematic and nothing affecting sleep.

We had breakfast on the balcony a couple times, chairs were fine and larger dining table fit everything very well.

Here are some room shots: 

91162C4F-A74C-48C7-B03D-2A2B77C721CB.jpeg

2E125C2C-1FDC-442E-89FA-0B83C60DA889.jpeg

310F7413-F3A2-499A-8426-6516DFDA0B83.jpeg

6CEF8273-BA34-499E-A8D0-05C7FCEAC3CE.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc

On 2/16/2020 at 10:12 AM, nextariel said:

Has anyone stayed in a Sky Suite on deck 12 port since the refresh? Prior to refresh there were many complaints about the noise, wondering if this has been solved. Wondering which rooms are better for lower noise. 

Thanks

Are you talking about noise from the Oceanview Cafe on deck 14 above?  Not sure how that would be solved in the refresh.  It is more likely solved by just choosing another deck below 12 if it is possible.

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

We were in 2122 last month. A little “rolling cart” noise a couple times but nothing problematic and nothing affecting sleep.

We had breakfast on the balcony a couple times, chairs were fine and larger dining table fit everything very well.

Here are some room shots: 

91162C4F-A74C-48C7-B03D-2A2B77C721CB.jpeg

2E125C2C-1FDC-442E-89FA-0B83C60DA889.jpeg

310F7413-F3A2-499A-8426-6516DFDA0B83.jpeg

6CEF8273-BA34-499E-A8D0-05C7FCEAC3CE.jpeg

Thanks so much. We are booked in 2129, so I think we will be okay. 

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Are you talking about noise from the Oceanview Cafe on deck 14 above?  Not sure how that would be solved in the refresh.  It is more likely solved by just choosing another deck below 12 if it is possible.

Yup, that's the noise. Unfortunately there are not any available. I think our room is under the beverage station, so hoping they cannot roll carts right there/