Spectrum of the Seas

2 hours ago, resordanis said:

Morning all,

Does anyone know when Spectrum of the Seas arrives in Brisbane/Sydney and when are they doing their RFS  cruises?

There doesn’t seem to be much information.Are they also doing paid passenger cruises ?

Thanks

There’s 2 other threads on this forum and more on the Royal Carribean forum.

Brisbane on the 27th and Sydney on the 29th February 

8 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s 2 other threads on this forum and more on the Royal Carribean forum.

Brisbane on the 27th and Sydney on the 29th February 

Will have a better look as I couldn’t find anything. Thanks

7 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

We know when she is getting here - but do we know if we can book cruises on her?? All I have seen is about free cruises for first responders ( and GOOD for them) . 

I am sure they will have some itineraries by Mid March

That's just a side benefit. 

The ship has been sitting idle, which is a revenue drain. Here's a way to make money... and then just add some PR to it (especially given RCL was the only major who didn't give any support during the fires, so were notable by their absence).

You can be assured though that if she wasn't idle, they wouldn't be offering any free cruises and take away revenue i.e. the revenue op is the reason for the move.

Edited by The_Big_M

2 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

That's just a side benefit. 

The ship has been sitting idle, which is a revenue drain. Here's a way to make money... and then just add some PR to it (especially given RCL was the only major who didn't give any support during the fires, so were notable by their absence).

You can be assured though that if she wasn't idle, they wouldn't be offering any free cruises and take away revenue i.e. the revenue op is the reason for the move.

Oh look .......Rod is back 😁😁😁😁😁🤑🤑

It is interesting though that seeing the number of ships redeploying here from Asia for the winter, and it’s not that big a pie, how they all will fair ( fare ?)   Royal is the only line offering the free cruises for the first responders  so good on them for that.👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I was just reading an announcement from Royal Caribbean re the complimentary cruises on Spectrum.

Two 4 night cruises for first responder bushfire volunteers and  their families. February 29 and March 7 from Sydney. I read it on Google news which reported it from a daily mail online article. There was a link to apply as well.

On 2/22/2020 at 4:51 AM, gbenjo said:

Oh look .......Rod is back 😁😁😁😁😁🤑🤑

It is interesting though that seeing the number of ships redeploying here from Asia for the winter, and it’s not that big a pie, how they all will fair ( fare ?)   Royal is the only line offering the free cruises for the first responders  so good on them for that.👍

Seriously? Just because you don't agree with someone? 🙄

If we're going to 'size compare' though, it's a much bigger step actually making a donation, which means spending your own money, instead of just giving away something cheaper, which is what the other lines are doing anyway.

As for the latter comment, given the incredibly rapid sales with QE, price sharply and they'll sell.

8 hours ago, megsie said:

I was just reading an announcement from Royal Caribbean re the complimentary cruises on Spectrum.

Two 4 night cruises for first responder bushfire volunteers and  their families. February 29 and March 7 from Sydney. I read it on Google news which reported it from a daily mail online article. There was a link to apply as well.

Places for 7000 people, NSW had over 70,000 people classified as being eligible.

10 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Seriously? Just because you don't agree with someone? 🙄

If we're going to 'size compare' though, it's a much bigger step actually making a donation, which means spending your own money, instead of just giving away something cheaper, which is what the other lines are doing anyway.

As for the latter comment, given the incredibly rapid sales with QE, price sharply and they'll sell.

Sorry Big M  ..I was  not having a go at you....I was  just having a bit of fun ..your comment just sounded like something our old “ friend” would say 😁😁

It is interesting though that they have not announced any “ revenue” cruises as yet but cannot see much point in just offering the same cut price cruises as everybody else (with Spectrums pax capacity) so I presume it is just taking a bit longer to plan/ organise. They also have the added problem of the where to put the Voyager as it is supposed to head to Asia for our winter. Interesting times ahead.

No worries, Roddles accused me of being paid by the cruise lines, and given the disagreements I had with him, I was just a bit incredulous.

The first possible revenue cruise is a 2 nighter on 4th March, but as that's so soon, I suspect it's going to be a media/industry sailing. I suspect the first public cruise will be 11th March, so they would want to release them ASAP as that's very little time to fill her (and an off peak time).

I think pricing will have to be very sharp to get good loads in such little time, especially as they are limited by the destinations this ship can visit (so they probably are going to the more common, larger ports instead of greater variety).

They have said a ship will do similar in China when things have cleared up. It's too early for that now though, so it doesn't make sense to send her back right away unless they were to just mothball her - but I figure some revenue here, is better than no revenue there. These ships have large loans against them so need income to keep paying the interest.

Sydney cruise port is updated: plenty of viewing opportunities:

Vessel Arrival Time Departure Time Name Berth Code
Spectrum of the Seas 26/02/2020 22:00 27/02/2020 05:00 Overseas Passenger Terminal OPT
Spectrum of the Seas 27/02/2020 07:00 29/02/2020 19:30 Athol Bay Anchorage ATH4A
Spectrum of the Seas 29/02/2020 19:00 01/03/2020 00:00 Overseas Passenger Terminal OPT
Spectrum of the Seas 04/03/2020 06:00 04/03/2020 20:00 Athol Bay Anchorage ATH4A
Spectrum of the Seas 04/03/2020 21:00 06/03/2020 14:00 Point Piper Anchorage PTP1A
Spectrum of the Seas 06/03/2020 15:00 07/03/2020 16:00 Athol Bay Anchorage ATH4A
Spectrum of the Seas 07/03/2020 17:00 08/03/2020 00:00 Overseas Passenger Terminal OPT
Spectrum of the Seas 11/03/2020 07:00 13/03/2020 05:00 Athol Bay Anchorage ATH4A