No health screening for us in San Juan??

sandycruzr

We embarked on the Summit on 2/15/20 with Expedited arrival (which was awesome). But we never received ANY HEALTH SCREENING at all!  We did receive several emails prior to our cruise about advanced screening etc so we were very surprised when there was absolutely nothing! Not even the normal screening ie Have you been sick in the last 2 weeks?  NOTHING!  
Within the first hour onboard, a woman was vomiting in the rest room....

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sandycruzr said:

We embarked on the Summit on 2/15/20 with Expedited arrival (which was awesome). But we never received ANY HEALTH SCREENING at all!  We did receive several emails prior to our cruise about advanced screening etc so we were very surprised when there was absolutely nothing! Not even the normal screening ie Have you been sick in the last 2 weeks?  NOTHING!  

The week prior, we disembarked at San Juan for the day to reembark for our final week.  We were questioned by a person in uniform but when it became apparent that we had been on the ship the previous weeks he asked nothing further and we went aboard.  But other passengers were being questioned for sure. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sandycruzr said:

Are you suggesting one is related to the other?  Perhaps she had "over vacationed" and it was catching up with her...  alcohol can do that.  Maybe bad food...maybe she was sick... I distinctly remember feeling nauseous after a cab ride from the air port to the pier the last time we were in San Juan... not trying to be contentious, my point is, I doubt that a health screening at check in would have stopped her from vomiting in the bathroom.  I do find it strange that they didn't ask the usual questions or even do a temp check.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree lots of possibilities. I am

not suggesting a link.  I talked with many others on the ship that were given a normal health questionnaire at check in. I was just surprised that they miss us.  I expected a thorough questioning and got nothing.  I thought it was strange...that’s all!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sandycruzr said:

I agree lots of possibilities. I am

not suggesting a link.  I talked with many others on the ship that were given a normal health questionnaire at check in. I was just surprised that they miss us.  I expected a thorough questioning and got nothing.  I thought it was strange...that’s all!

They probably figured out that there's no point to the questionnaires because a lot of people lie. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We embarked on the Edge, granted it was in FLL, on 2/9, in the height of the coronavirus concern. We were asked (no questionnaire, a person questioned us) about travel in China, as well as the typical have you been sick questions.

They know about your passport - what else can they do?

My guess is that you were inadvertently missed. I embarked RCCL once in San Juan a couple of years ago, it was utter chaos, so I'm not totally surprised they missed questioning a few people.

• Thanks 1

If someone puking on embarkation day has you worried about cruising, you need to stay home... I've traveled all over to many different countries and did several cruises over the years, with my parents who are in their 80's  One thing that happens  every time we travel is my mom gets nervous about the upcoming flight, (she doesn't like to fly) combine that with irritable bowel syndrome and she spends the entire first day or night running to the bathroom. It has nothing to do with viruses or being sick. It's just how her system works. By the second day she totally fine and never has a episode after. There are way many other scenarios as to why someone would be vomiting.