Driving to Galveston, parking options

Anyislandwilldo

We will be driving up to Galveston next year for our cruise.  I asked on the Gulf coast boards but haven't gotten an answer yet.  I'm finding that it's very expensive to park your vehicle if you are cruising for 3 weeks.  Can anyone point me to a good hotel where we can park for 3 weeks free?  Budget around $150 or so.  Don't need a fancy hotel, just a place to sleep before the cruise.  Preferably a decently rated hotel.  What have others done in the past?  Thanks for your help.

We are about 6 hours away from the port.  We would like to spend 2 nights.  The day after we arrive we plan to tour the Houston Space Center then board the ship the day after that.

That's a pretty tall order, finding a cruise hotel to store your vehicle for 3 weeks. I consider that long term parking. You might want to google "cruise hotels in Galveston".

Saint Greg would be a good source of info as he has thoroughly parking in Galveston. Maybe he will see this and respond. Sorry I don't have more info for you. Good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for.

25 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

That's a pretty tall order, finding a cruise hotel to store your vehicle for 3 weeks. I consider that long term parking. You might want to google "cruise hotels in Galveston".

Saint Greg would be a good source of info as he has thoroughly parking in Galveston. Maybe he will see this and respond. Sorry I don't have more info for you. Good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Three weeks seems like a lot. For a week I like Falstaff. For three weeks you're talking a couple hundred bucks. You may be better off parking in a regular garage off of the island and taking an uber.

I haven't done any of the park and cruise hotels but I would be surprised if they let you stay for three weeks on a one night stay.

My best recommendation is to post this on the gulf coast departures board. There are people who live on the island that hang around there and could provide better advice.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/316-gulf-coast-departures/

I booked EZ Cruise because it appears to be a little closer than Falstaff... Falstaff was my second choice.

I sail this Sunday so we will see if I made the right decision.

Edited by nedac

2 minutes ago, nedac said:

I booked EZ Cruise because it appears to be a little closer than Falstaff... Falstaff was my second choice.

I sail this Sunday so we will see if I made the right decision.

Yeah EZ is 1/4 mile from the port and Falstaff is 3/4 mile from the port. I'd say that only matters if you're walking. It's like a 3 minute shuttle ride from Falstaff. The difference is Falstaff charges $75 to park in their garage and ride their shuttle. EZ charges $75 to park outside and walk to the port or $90 to take their shuttle. 

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah EZ is 1/4 mile from the port and Falstaff is 3/4 mile from the port. I'd say that only matters if you're walking. It's like a 3 minute shuttle ride from Falstaff. The difference is Falstaff charges $75 to park in their garage and ride their shuttle. EZ charges $75 to park outside and walk to the port or $90 to take their shuttle. 

Actually... I paid $81.19 total to park with EZ, shuttle included. It was about the same as Falstaff, but I had the option to walk over if the weather was nice.

EDIT: I just looked at Falstaff again and they are $90 with shuttle, $75 without.

Edited by nedac

11 minutes ago, nedac said:

Actually... I paid $81.19 total to park with EZ, shuttle included. It was about the same as Falstaff, but I had the option to walk over if the weather was nice.

Doing a 6 night maybe? Their website says $80 for 6 and $90 for 7. Either way I'd much rather park inside. I did EZ park n walk my first cruise out of Galveston and didn't like it. They had me park in a gravel area up next to a building. They have those high sidewalks..and a bumpy sidewalk that wasn't fun with rolling luggage. You feel like you're in a frogger game crossing that road to the port. Then I left something in the car and had to walk back to the car..then back to the port.

Edited by Saint Greg

These are available Galveston Parking Facilities: 

Falstaff   (privately owned)

Lighthouse   (privately owned)

EZ   (privately owned)

Dolphin   (privately owned)

Port of Galveston Parking   (Publicly owned)

Port Parking   (privately owned)

Park and Cruise   (privately owned)

SP +  (privately owned)

Cruise Park   (privately owned)

1. 2815 Harborside Dr ·(409) 354-8787
  2. 3402 Church St ·(409) 502-2961
  3. 309 29th St ·(409) 454-4849
  4. 375 21st St ·(409) 750-9133
  5. 3300 Harborside Dr ·(409) 766-6100
  6. 2727 Santa Fe Pl ·(409) 939-0648
  7. 2801 Market St ·(409) 256-6877
  8. 8115 Harborside Dr ·(409) 599-4016
  9. 2514 New Strand St ·(866) 479-7275
  10. 2423 Market St ·(409) 497-2337
  11. 202 37th St ·(855) 435-7678

Edited by ssb

JMK5 Cruise Ship Parking has opened a 632-space surface lot for cruise passenger parking at 33rd and Church streets in Galveston. The parking lot is at the Falstaff Brewery  It’s also where a hotel development is planned. 

The parking venture represents the largest surface lot by a single private owner. 
There is indoor parking at the location also. 

Edited by ssb

1 hour ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

We cruise next Jan 2021

Dates for booking , just haven’t opened up at hotels yet . 
All pricing is good in Galveston  in January . 
Happy hours , lodging pricing , cruise pricing and promotion pricing in off season . 

• Like 1