Quantum Changes for March 2021?

We signed into our account last night and found that our March 22, 2021 - 5 night Singapore trip is now showing as a 14 night Singapore to Tokyo.  Our travel agent called and we also called Royal and both answers were "the sailing is under review and no decisions have been made."  Anyone else have this issue?  The change from a 5 night to 14 night is a pretty big deal.

30 minutes ago, Jjustin1125 said:

March 22, 2021 - 5 night Singapore trip is now showing as a 14 night Singapore to Tokyo.

That seems a bit early for an Ovation-like repo to Alaska. Quite a few sailings after that (3/22) would have to be cancelled.

If they make this change they would cancel your cruise and possibly open the reposition cruise for booking or do the repo to Tokyo empty.  It would be hard to fill a ship on such short notice so it might be more cost effective to go without passengers if they can't achieve critical mass to stay out of the red.

This may be the beginning of a larger repo or move to another region.  

Please come back and keep us updated as this evolves.

Thats what we thought too.  But they have also removed all of the April 2021 sailings from availability as well.  The last available booking on the website is now March 11, 2021.  Hopefully they figure it out soon, we booked this cruise in July and had other stops coordinated around the cruise dates.

Holy Moses! This is going to be interesting.

Just logged on RCCL.  Yes, our March 22, 2021 Quantum of the Seas booking now shows it's also a 14-day Singapore to Tokyo.

March 22, 2021 to April 5, 2021............wow! how is this possible????

Our original booking (same as OP) was March 22 to March 27....only 5 days.

Our bookings AFTER that is still showing as originally booked:

March 27 - March 31, Singapore r/t.

March 31 - April 4, Singapore r/t.

April 4 - April 8, Singapore r/t.

April 8 - April 13, Singapre r/t.

April 13 - April 17, Singapore r/t.

April 17 - April 21, Singapore r/t.

April - April 25, Singapore r/t.  Note: This sailing has quite a few passengers who are doing S2S and walking over to the Ovation sailing April 25th...including us.

30 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Holy Moses! This is going to be interesting.

Just logged on RCCL.  Yes, our March 22, 2021 Quantum of the Seas booking now shows it's also a 14-day Singapore to Tokyo.

March 22, 2021 to April 5, 2021............wow! how is this possible????

Exactly what we thought - especially since they have us in the same cabin....and RCCL said maybe next week they will have more info.  Has to be a glitch in the system.

4 hours ago, Jjustin1125 said:

Exactly what we thought - especially since they have us in the same cabin....and RCCL said maybe next week they will have more info.  Has to be a glitch in the system.

Jjustin1125...just wanted to say "Thank you" for posting.

Hopefully it's just a glitch...it will affect a couple or more cruises...if it isn't. Thanks again.

5 minutes ago, ssb said:

Following with great interest for Quantum 4/21 and Ovation 4/25 and 5/8  2021

ssb...just read the roll call for that April 21st sailing...I refrained from posting so not to scare or provide misinformation.  We are on both those sailings but haven't join the roll call yet.  (I did post to let one poster on the April 4, 2021 sailing.)

13 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

ssb...just read the roll call for that April 21st sailing...I refrained from posting so not to scare or provide misinformation.  We are on both those sailings but haven't join the roll call yet.  (I did post to let one poster on the April 4, 2021 sailing.)

Guess the new itinerary releases coming soon , hopefully will clarify some things .  

Same as OP & 1 other,booked on this 5 day cruise as we really loved Singapore when we were there last year & were looking forward to spending a few days there after the cruise.

So far no word from our TA or RCI,really hope it stays as origional as my OH has had blue murder getting time off work for a 10 day break even this far ahead!

On 2/23/2020 at 2:18 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Oh no!!!  Not another Glitch. 

No not another Glitch,according to the message I have received from Royal WE are mistaken,they claim that the March 22nd 2021 sailing has always been a 14 night cruise to Tokyo,certainly looks like somebody has their wires crossed!

• Like 1

4/21/21 Quantum Singapore cancelled .

Today just spoke to RCL Reservations,

Ovation Singapore according to his resources reflect   4/25/21 is now arriving in Tokyo 5/7/21,

and 5/8/21 Tokyo changed and will be departing Tokyo on 5/7/21.

Edited 1 minute ago by ssb
  • Thanks 1

Update...but RCCL can change it again if they wish...

March 22, 2021 (originally a 5-day sailing) is now confirmed as a 14 day sailing from Singapore to Tokyo. This ends on April 5, 2021.

Then the Quantum sails 10 days roundtrip, Tokyo...April 5 to April 15.

Then it sails again for 10 days roundtrip, Tokyo...April 15 to April 25.

This is significant because Royal cancelled all of the sailings in Singapore.  Numerous members of Cruise Critic are/were on the April 17 to April 21 sailing and April 21 to April 25 sailing, Singapore and the plan was to walk over to the Ovation.  Not happening now...the Quantum will be in Tokyo.  As I said to the RCCL rep..."Our plan was to disembark the Quantum and walk over to the Ovation on April 25th...if the Quantum is in Tokyo and the Ovation is in Singapore...that's a long walk!" 😁

Well, interesting change to the schedule, but at least they confirmed it now.  We rebooked and grabbed one the loft suites.  Prices doesn’t seem to be too bad for 14 nights.  We were originally going to do 3 nights in Singapore, 5 nights on the cruise and then 5 nights in Vietnam.  Now it’s 14 nights and a few extra ports, but we get to unpack once.  

Last week I got an email that my January 30, 2021 cruise on the Quantum of the Seas was cancelled. The only explanation given was

"We made a change to our itinerary planning, and we've decided to combine a few of Quantum's shorter sailings to create a more immersive experience - including additional ports."

This was supposed to be a birthday sailing for my girlfriend on February 1. Luckily we were able to get on the February 4, 2021 Best of Malaysia and Thailand cruise. It's similar to the previous itinerary and still close to my girlfriend's birthday. I'm just constantly watching this cruise to see what happens.

There seems to be a lot in flux around this ship currently.

5 hours ago, mugtech said:

2/20/21 and 3/2/21 itineraries were changed to avoid Hong Kong, both are now roundtrip Singapore, with Okinawa eliminated on the 3/2/21 cruise.   

Just wondering why they would be avoiding Hong Kong

5 minutes ago, snaefell said:

Just wondering why they would be avoiding Hong Kong

Exactly, they are like the two 9 day cruises which were changed to roundtrip Singapore and then cancelled.  Should effect popularity and prices, but now more expensive than 90 days out on the 2020 cruises.