Is cabin 6033 aboard the Summit, I sweet 16 cabin?

yvrbos

After hearing about the potential that I will be able to hear the theater from cabin 6024, I have the opportunity to change it to 6033. Is that still a sweet 16 cabin?

What are the chances that I will be able to get a lounger from the room steward?

Thanks all!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, yvrbos said:

After hearing about the potential that I will be able to hear the theater from cabin 6024, I have the opportunity to change it to 6033. Is that still a sweet 16 cabin?

What are the chances that I will be able to get a lounger from the room steward?

Thanks all!

Yes, it's the 7th one on the port side.  As far as the lounger, there might be one there already.  If not, you can always ask.  🍷

Please see responses to a related thread that you started yesterday...  You will note that 6035 is the aft-most Sweet 16 cabin on the ship's port side...  Since cabin numbers increase from forward to aft [even cabin numbers are on the ship's starboard side; odd cabin numbers are on the ship's port side], surely 6033 is a Sweet 16 stateroom...

Yes, do it.  BUT , it depends on which side of the ship you want to be on--based on itinerary.  We were never able to get a lounger.

Edited by cluso

In this post, you asked if 6033 is a Sweet 16 cabin...  If you were asking if you should change, I missed it...

As 6035 was described as the highest numbered of the Sweet 16 cabins in your earlier thread (people seem to like it; it is about as far aft of the theater as possible within that group of staterooms and that area was reported as quiet), I was of the impression that you had your answer in your earlier thread if you want a Sweet 16...

1 hour ago, yvrbos said:

Xport, this time I was specifically asking about 6033 as the one that I have reserved is closer to the theater. I was wondering if I should change to 6033.

Keep in mind that the first 3 Sweet 16 cabins on port & starboard sides counting down from the bow of the ship have metal obstructions that diminish the view. Not sure but I think that 6024 is one of those.

Definitely switch + you will be closer to the elevators. 

As far as view, on our upcoming Pacific Coastal we chose port so as to be land side heading south, but DBiL/DSiL chose starboard so as to have a clearer view of the night sky. Whatever floats your boat.....

13 hours ago, yvrbos said:

Xport, this time I was specifically asking about 6033 as the one that I have reserved is closer to the theater. I was wondering if I should change to 6033.

I  might hesitate because 6033 is on the port a/k/a smoking side.  I have seen folks gather on the open deck (port side) outside the theater to smoke.  That may be a smoking area....they tend to vary.  Sorry for the new wrinkle.  

BTW, we have stayed several times in 6028.  Never heard a peep there.

15 minutes ago, yvrbos said:

Smoking! Uggh. I want to avoid that as much as possible. Has anyone else experienced an issue with smoking below the sweet 16 rooms on the port side?

On your other thread about these sweet 16s I posted that we had smoke several times in 6035, not from the passengers smoking area but rather the crew smoking area directly below these port side cabins. 

3 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

On your other thread about these sweet 16s I posted that we had smoke several times in 6035, not from the passengers smoking area but rather the crew smoking area directly below these port side cabins. 

Very interesting and informative.

Yes, the passenger deck ends at about the doors to the Theater lobby.  Forward of that it is then a "crew only" work area.  Crew has to smoke somewhere.   That could be it.

On 2/25/2020 at 12:04 PM, LeCricket said:

What's a Sweet 16 cabin?  

they have deeper balconies although they do not cost any more than the other cabins in their category.  They are on the front both sides on deck 6. They are back to 6030 on starboard side and back to 6035 on port side on Constellation, Millenium, Summit and Infinity.  They are double depth. This pic is 6028 on Summit. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 7.40.26 PM.png

11 minutes ago, tartana said:

they have deeper balconies although they do not cost any more than the other cabins in their category.  They are on the front both sides on deck 6. They are back to 6030 on starboard side and back to 6035 on port side on Constellation, Millenium, Summit and Infinity.  They are double depth. This pic is 6028 on Summit. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 7.40.26 PM.png

Thanks.  That is what I was thinking.  

🙂

Edited by LeCricket
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, cluso said:

Some people do not like them because they are "too far forward motion wise" and over the theater, and possible smoking areas.

Yeah, and everyone above you can look down and see you if you are out on the extended section.  🍷

12 hours ago, cluso said:

Some people do not like them because they are "too far forward motion wise" and over the theater, and possible smoking areas.

11 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Yeah, and everyone above you can look down and see you if you are out on the extended section.  🍷

All the better for those of us who do like the Sweet Sixteens😁!

The issue of people looking down upon us from higher decks also occurred when we were in a Sky Suite 1 on the Silhouette and when we've booked one of the last 8 sternwise 2C Deck 6 cabins on the S-class ships that also have extended verandas.

The good thing about the M-class Sweet Sixteens is that there won't be crew members walking along the extension beyond one's veranda as happened periodically when we were in 6298 on the Eclipse!😮

• 6 months later...

I was all set and excited about booking a sweet sixteen cabin. Then I saw the post about smoke from the crew😩, specifically mentioning 6035.  Are there any of the port side sweet sixteens that do not get smoke from the crew?  Sounds like the starboard side doesn’t have the smoke problem, right?

I choose 6033 for my Millennium B2B Panama Canal & Pacific Coastal,  6035 was already booked. Why 6033 ? because I read that port side is the best for the Panama Canal Crossing.

Edited by gerelmx