How is Halloween Celebrated on a Celebrity Caribbean Cruise?

cheeseheads4ever

I’m thinking of booking a Caribbean cruise over Halloween 2020 and was wondering if any fellow cruisers have ever been on Celebrity during Halloween. Can you shed some light as to whether most people dress up in costumes or hardly any? Does Celebrity do some Halloween type activity’s onboard? I’m sure this has been covered on other threads and apologize for starting a thread already about Halloween but would like to book depending on festivities.

Any help would be appreciated!

10 hours ago, gfkcruiser said:

Ship is decorated with pumpkins carved by staff. They are displayed on stairwell from 3rd to 4th floors on S class.  Don’t recall costumes. 

Lots of costumes on our TA! Both passengers and crew. Costume contest. Was lots of fun. Probably 200 in costume.

Never done it, but a few years ago friends did a Halloween cruise on the Summit.

They  had a great time! There was a costume party with prizes, of which they won first place! They had  brought their costumes along with them from home.

If I were you, I would go to your ships roll call, and see if any of your cruisers are up for some partying!

Years ago when the now departed Century was doing sailings from San Diego to Hawaii we were on during Halloween.  We also were somewhat of a rarity as the vast bulk of the passengers had either driven to San Diego or had taken the train.  We were surprised by the number of passengers in costumes. Some had cleverly combined clothing items to create costumes, but a number of folks were in elaborate costumes and some were quite bulky in size.  Some costumes were so large that they would have entirely filled a  suitcase.  We assumed that the wearers had driven.

The ship was nicely decorated, but not as elaborately as we have seen as the ship prepares for Christmas.

Just the pumpkins, pretty much. We sailed with our then 7 year old over Halloween and I arranged in advance for him to trick or treat with some of the people on our Roll Call so he could still have some fun. We had brought treats for people to give him but he got some surprises and was really happy.

I think there were some Kids Club activities but that's it.