Ship going to another port, instead of what was planned

Luv2cruz1000

I don’t really understand this. So 80 people left the ship and boarded charter flights (mainly to the UK)? What’s an “in-transit” passenger? I’m confused.

“636 passengers disembarked, 556 embarked, 56 were in-transit passengers, four disembarking crew and 380 in transit crew”.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure if it help preventing unnecessary docking deny.

Caribbean Community agrees on Coronavirus (COV19) Protocol

https://www.breakingbelizenews.com/2020/03/02/caribbean-community-agrees-on-coronavirus-cov19-protocol/

I’m not sure what this “new protocol agreement” does. All I get from this is they all basically agreed to expand discussions and also put a provision in place to allow individual states to add their own policies. Is there anything else I’m missing here?

1 minute ago, hawkeye93 said:

I’m not sure what this “new protocol agreement” does. All I get from this is they all basically agreed to expand discussions and also put a provision in place to allow individual states to add their own policies. Is there anything else I’m missing here?

Yeah, it reads like they had a meeting where they all agreed they'd better do something about this coronavirus, then issued a press release about the meeting. 

• Like 1

Just heard from my daughter & she said it was because the Grand Caymans & Jamaica has been turning ships away due to coronavirus. The Captain said they were rerouting to play it safe. No health issues on board as far as they know

I have cruised over 25 years and never had this problem, so I thought I would ask.

I just read that one of Carnival's ships was to go to Jamaica (one of the ports we are to go to in two weeks), but they changed the plan because of the Coronaviris.  My question, if this happens to us, does Carnival make up the difference in any way, or do anything (??) because of not cruising to the planned port, or do we just chocked it up to the Coronaviris?

2 minutes ago, beshears said:

I have cruised over 25 years and never had this problem, so I thought I would ask.

I just read that one of Carnival's ships was to go to Jamaica (one of the ports we are to go to in two weeks), but they changed the plan because of the Coronaviris.  My question, if this happens to us, does Carnival make up the difference in any way, or do anything (??) because of not cruising to the planned port, or do we just chocked it up to the Coronaviris?

You would be refunded port fees if it becomes a sea day, or charged different ones if it went to a new port. But missed ports are part of the cruise game, so typically no compensation otherwise. Unless you somehow got very, very lucky.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

I read that they are being rerouted to Belize & Key West. I have NOT verified that.

I would rather not tender, so Belize is a bit of a bummer over Grand Cayman - but prefer Key West over Jamaica, so I would be happy if I was on there! 🙂

3 minutes ago, dianecruising said:

wondering how we find out for those who are sailing on Vista this weekend if there is changes to our itinerary as well - not a huge concern, would be fine with any of those ports....

Kind of rapidly changing, so....???

• Like 1

Interesting the the Disney Magic is in Grand Cayman and The MSC Seaside is in Ocho Rios so the ports are not denying all ships at this time. Perhaps Carnival decided its not worth dealing with those ports at this time.  

Carnival reserves the right to adjust your itinerary in any way necessary.  If you miss a port outright you will receive a refund of port fees and any previously booked excursion. Anything additional would he at Carnival up to Carnival.  They may give you a small OBC as a measure of good faith. 

I was just reading a reddit thread on this and it’s confusing. They booted a RCL ship from Costa Maya bc of the reroute? I’m so confused. What was this itinerary supposed to be? Cayman/Jamaica/coz? And it’s becoming what instead? Half day at CM then Belize and Key West??

2 hours ago, hawkeye93 said:

I don’t really understand this. So 80 people left the ship and boarded charter flights (mainly to the UK)? What’s an “in-transit” passenger? I’m confused.

“636 passengers disembarked, 556 embarked, 56 were in-transit passengers, four disembarking crew and 380 in transit crew”.

In transit = staying aboard/doing B2B.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hawkeye93 said:

I was just reading a reddit thread on this and it’s confusing. They booted a RCL ship from Costa Maya bc of the reroute? I’m so confused. What was this itinerary supposed to be? Cayman/Jamaica/coz? And it’s becoming what instead? Half day at CM then Belize and Key West??

We have no confirmed information. More will come later.