New NCL incentives

CroozFanatic

4 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

I'm excited they  are adding  something for the cruises I want.     Adding the OBC is a big plus for me☺️

Did they allow you to add the OBC to your H1 reservation.  When I called CAS first thing this morning they stiff armed me.  Maybe I should call back and talk to someone else.  My H9 reservation on the Breakaway is not until Dec so I did not think I would have any problem adding the OBC.

1 hour ago, Newfun4me said:

I'm frustrated, but it's a big fat no.  I paid $20K for two Haven suites (one 2-bedroom and one penthouse).  Price has gone up on the 2-bedroom and dropped for the penthouse.  I am appreciative of the fact that they gave us $140 in OBC for the penthouse room when I called during the first price drop.  It's now dropped another $1,000 ($1600 total) and has $600 in OBC.  They won't do anything else.  

You are only allowed one OBC/Upgrade after final payment. It's always best to wait as long as you can if you think prices will drop.

Just now, KSSS2013 said:

You are only allowed one OBC/Upgrade after final payment. It's always best to wait as long as you can if you think prices will drop.

I understood that when it came to a price drop and upgraded room; the price has continued to drop and I was more than content with the fact that they had already offered me (and I'd accepted) $140 in OBC.  My issue is around a new perk that is being offered.   If they could offer that at today's prices (again - one is higher and one is lower), it's frustrating that they won't offer it to us just because we are already paid in full.  

22 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

Did they allow you to add the OBC to your H1 reservation.  When I called CAS first thing this morning they stiff armed me.  Maybe I should call back and talk to someone else.  My H9 reservation on the Breakaway is not until Dec so I did not think I would have any problem adding the OBC.

Just got off the phone with CAS.  This time they added $100 per person total of $200 OBC to our reservation.  Not sure why they would not do this for me this morning.  Some time it pays to be persistent. 

• Like 1

Just now, Newfun4me said:

I understood that when it came to a price drop and upgraded room; the price has continued to drop and I was more than content with the fact that they had already offered me (and I'd accepted) $140 in OBC.  My issue is around a new perk that is being offered.   If they could offer that at today's prices (again - one is higher and one is lower), it's frustrating that they won't offer it to us just because we are already paid in full.  

Right, if you're after final payment they won't do it unless you pay the cancellation penalty. Think of it like airfare...you're locked in...but on the upside, NCL isn't coming after you if the price goes up.

17 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

Right, if you're after final payment they won't do it unless you pay the cancellation penalty. Think of it like airfare...you're locked in...but on the upside, NCL isn't coming after you if the price goes up.

The T&Cs from the link in the original post state it is for new reservations only. No one past final payment is getting the deal, just like any other offer. Cancel and rebook before final payment, etc etc.

Offer is not applicable to categories IX, OX, BX or MX (Sail Away Categories).
Onboard Credit is applied to the 1st and 2nd guest on the reservation.
Offer applicable to 3+ night sailings.
Offer is for new individual FIT reservations. 

This appears to be a legitimate sale. I just booked the Getaway for next January, 2 inside cabins. I'm excited we get all the perks plus $100 OBC for each cabin. I have been tracking prices and surprisingly the cabin price did not increase with the sale which includes all the perks, which sometimes is the case!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zippeedee said:

The T&Cs from the link in the original post state it is for new reservations only. No one past final payment is getting the deal, just like any other offer. Cancel and rebook before final payment, etc etc.

Offer is not applicable to categories IX, OX, BX or MX (Sail Away Categories).
Onboard Credit is applied to the 1st and 2nd guest on the reservation.
Offer applicable to 3+ night sailings.
Offer is for new individual FIT reservations. 

Well yes, if you cancelled and rebooked you could get the deal...you'd just have to pay the cancellation penalty.

Put a B4 cabin for Panama Canal cruise in 2021 on hold yesterday in order to see what the new promo would be. Cruise cost yesterday and today identical, but called NCL awhile ago and got all the same perks plus the $200 OBC from the new promo. Then, since NCLH stock is down to $33 a share (from $59 in January), I bought 100 shares today and will now get additional $250 OBC for our Epic TA in April, $100 for Breakaway New England in October and additional $250 for the Canal cruise next year.

FWIW - Just got off the phone with NCL.  I am booked at a BX (assigned a BC cabin) fare for a sailing in about 45 days.  I asked if I can upgrade to the next category (BF guarantee) and get the current promotions.  The answer was yes!  For about $85 I was upgraded (no penalty) to BF and got all the associated current promotions, including the $200 OBC.  I do have to wait to get a new cabin assignment which could be worse / better than I am currently assigned.

My advice - call NCL again.

• Like 1

Whoa! I just got off the phone with NCL. I had three cruises booked with deposits, with final payment dates still in the future. The rep explained that we didn't need to actually cancel and re-book. Instead, I would have to accept the current price of my cabin rather than the originally booked price, and she could update my reservations with the new OBC promo. Two of my bookings are for balcony cabins which were still the same price so the only change was getting the OBC. But...

One of my bookings was for a Studio cabin which came with one Free At Sea (I had selected the PBP, of course). She advised me that not only would I get the added OBC but I would get the internet and ShoreEx perks for free and could also take the SDP if I pay the gratuity. So basically the new promo is OBC + Take All Four for all cabin types.

(icing on the cake: The Studio fare had actually dropped about $150 since I booked so I got the lower price plus the goodies)

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

Yes, they added it to my H1 and also a M6 I had booked.   I called as soon as they opened this morning.

4 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

Just got off the phone with CAS.  This time they added $100 per person total of $200 OBC to our reservation.  Not sure why they would not do this for me this morning.  Some time it pays to be persistent. 

Yes it does!    Glad you persisted☺️

I got a new guy a couple of weeks ago who offered me an OceanView which I decided not to book.  Said his supervisor was in a meeting.   Next day I  called  back and got one of my favorite agents and booked a M6 for the 9 day cruise I wanted.   

10 minutes ago, _Rick_ said:

My pre-final payment cruise is $135 more but now I would also get $600 OBC.  Would you rebook to the higher fare for the OBC?

It might be worth it if you are planning to spend some $$ on shore excursions or spa or something else on board.  

I do wonder if anyone knows if you can use this non-refundable OBC to leave your tips for Butler & Concierge?  (I recall some debate on other threads regarding using OBC.  Something like you could go to Service Desk and have them credited for the tip.)

We had an aft balcony booked on the Gem for October. I reached out to our TA and she was able to rebook and get us an aft balcony suite for only $150 more than the regular aft balcony, keeping all previous perks, and got $600 in OBC. 

Couldn’t be happier!!!

• Like 1

FYI - in the promotion terms, it appears that ALL guests (up to 8/reservation) will receive the drink package (PBP) with this incentive - not just passengers 1-2. So if you're taking advantage of "free kids/guests," all adults over 21 will get the package and have to pay grats.