New travel policy coming soon from Royal

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Any mention on the Webinar about other types of OBC such as redeployment if you cancel?  Asking for a friend😇

I’m not sure.  I never made it to the webinar.  I woulD escalate that one of the issue ever arose as it should be treated just like next cruise OBC.  It should only be promotional OBC that is lost.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would not imagine anything different would be done than it is today.  They have not reduced the single supplement.

Thanks  I never thought of the ramifications of who is passenger 1 and 2 until this last cruise where Dan did not end up going.  Withe the 60% off second guest all people are not created equal.  This next cruise his portion is only around $250 incl taxes and fees. Passenger #1 is $600

Edited by molly361

Just now, molly361 said:

Thanks  I never thought of the ramifications of who is passenger 1 and 2 until this last cruise where Dan did not end up going.  Withe the 60% off second guest all people are not created equal.  This next cruise his portion is only around $250 incl taxes and fees. 

Yeah, for someone booking multiple cruises they should always have the same person listed as guest 1 in case a FCC is ever issued.  Makes it much easier to apply. 

Question for you, 

You had insurance for that last trip that Dan didn’t go on.  If he had been listed as pax #1  would the insurance have paid that higher amount or would they have moved him to guest 2. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yeah, for someone booking multiple cruises they should always have the same person listed as guest 1 in case a FCC is ever issued.  Makes it much easier to apply. 

Question for you, 

You had insurance for that last trip that Dan didn’t go on.  If he had been listed as pax #1  would the insurance have paid that higher amount or would they have moved him to guest 2. 

I'll let you know when I find out.  He WAS passenger number 1 on that one.  I got a revised invoice for myself at the lower passenger number 2 rate (no adj for single supplement) so we will see what happens

• Like 1

I have a cruise in April and a cruise in December. I plan on going on both, but the pricing are falling on the April cruise, and I assume they will fall further in the coming weeks.

With this policy, I should be able to cancel the April cruise and use that FCC credit to pay for the December cruise, then rebook the April cruise (at a much lower price) now and just pay with a credit card, is that correct?

2 minutes ago, drb116 said:

I have a cruise in April and a cruise in December. I plan on going on both, but the pricing are falling on the April cruise, and I assume they will fall further in the coming weeks.

With this policy, I should be able to cancel the April cruise and use that FCC credit to pay for the December cruise, then rebook the April cruise (at a much lower price) now and just pay with a credit card, is that correct?

That might work.  No guarantees that prices won’t stay the same or go up.  No guarantee that Royal won’t be cross referencing FCC’s issued against those that sail to prevent people from taking advantage of their generosity in issuing the FCC’s 

3 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Just wanted to say a special "Thank you" to Ourusualbeach.  We are truly grateful.

Indeed, what a wonder source of info that is delivered in a non-judgemental way, rare combo on a message board!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That might work.  No guarantees that prices won’t stay the same or go up.  No guarantee that Royal won’t be cross referencing FCC’s issued against those that sail to prevent people from taking advantage of their generosity in issuing the FCC’s 

Thanks, and that is fine. We like Royal, but the travel deals are great everywhere. If they don't let us re-book we can always do another vacation at a fraction of the cost. With the added risk of an 'extended stay', I don't think the original price is worth it anyway.

4 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

NCL is giving the passengers to the end of 2022 to use their cruise voucher....I wish Royal did ....I’d cancel and book another today for February 2022

I tweeted about that last night to them (I got the email from NCL and was surprised at the discrepancy). It was a nice tweet, just pointed out some of those most loyal to royal have a number of cruises on the docket.

2 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

I tweeted about that last night to them (I got the email from NCL and was surprised at the discrepancy). It was a nice tweet, just pointed out some of those most loyal to royal have a number of cruises on the docket.

You are able to apply the FCC to current cruises.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You are able to apply the FCC to current cruises.

With those procedures yesterday I am just now up and about checking much of anything. So there could be something I am missing about the deadline for credit use differing by a year for RCL compared to NCL (the last thing I saw last night was the end of 2021 for RCL and the end of 2022 for NCL).  I will try to recheck and seem if there is a change that occurred overnight 🙂 

But as I said at some point yesterday, your help always appreciated and you are on the minds of many I am sure as this effects everyone in the travel industry.

Edited by AlohaLivin

1 minute ago, AlohaLivin said:

With those procedures yesterday I am just now up and about checking much of anything. So there could be something I am missing about the deadline for credit use differing by a year for RCL compared to NCL (the last thing I saw last night was the end of 2021 for RCL and the end of 2022 for NCL.  

But as I said at some point yesterday, your help always appreciated and you are on the minds of many I am sure as this effects everyone in the travel industry.

You're right, NCL is allowing them to be used by the end of 2022.  It was just your comment "It was a nice tweet, just pointed out some of those most loyal to royal have a number of cruises on the docket." that led me to believe that you didn't know that FCC's could be applied to existing bookings.  The more cruises that one has booked actually makes it easier to apply the FCC.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You're right, NCL is allowing them to be used by the end of 2022.  It was just your comment "It was a nice tweet, just pointed out some of those most loyal to royal have a number of cruises on the docket." that led me to believe that you didn't know that FCC's could be applied to existing bookings.  The more cruises that one has booked actually makes it easier to apply the FCC.

Ah. That's ok, understand that you were trying to help - I just wasn't quite sure the application of the FCC to that issue (but my mind is blury today, so... 🙂 It was just that it was a lot of cruises to rebook over a short time potentially with less vacation days to offer up). It would be nice to have that extra year (and was surprised at the year discrepancy between the two).

Edited by AlohaLivin

We are travelling out of Singapore in May. If we don’t cancel/postpone now but the cruise gets cancelled will we get a full refund as opposed to FCC? Seems to me they’re offering their new deal of 48 hours to cancel with full FCC, is in the hopes people will cancel so that when the cruises do get cancelled, they won’t have to pay anyone out cash?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

35 minutes ago, MrsBee89 said:

We are travelling out of Singapore in May. If we don’t cancel/postpone now but the cruise gets cancelled will we get a full refund as opposed to FCC? Seems to me they’re offering their new deal of 48 hours to cancel with full FCC, is in the hopes people will cancel so that when the cruises do get cancelled, they won’t have to pay anyone out cash?

Yes you would get cash so holding out may be  good option

2 hours ago, MrsBee89 said:

Perhaps, but IMO its designed to get people to rebook using the FCC vs cancelling outright or exercising their cancel for any reason TI.

I’d have called RCCL to ask a few more Qs but just know there has to be a incredibly long hold time.  Going to present them here for the experts 🙂  

My DH has inquired that (if/when) we cancel our current NRF cruise that should still sail the end of the month, 48 hours prior under the new policy...

1.  do we immediately have to book “a cruise” or can we just sit on the FCC until we are ready to book?

2. If the above is true, can we then book whatever cruise we’d like to take in 2021 but be able to change the date (within normal cancellation deadlines). No idea if the FCC keeps the same NR status of the original one or you start fresh, depending upon what you you book on the replacement.  We never know 100% as to approved time off until December of the year prior.

43 minutes ago, keishashadow said:

Perhaps, but IMO its designed to get people to rebook using the FCC vs cancelling outright or exercising their cancel for any reason TI.

I’d have called RCCL to ask a few more Qs but just know there has to be a incredibly long hold time.  Going to present them here for the experts 🙂  

My DH has inquired that (if/when) we cancel our current NRF cruise that should still sail the end of the month, 48 hours prior under the new policy...

1.  do we immediately have to book “a cruise” or can we just sit on the FCC until we are ready to book?

2. If the above is true, can we then book whatever cruise we’d like to take in 2021 but be able to change the date (within normal cancellation deadlines). No idea if the FCC keeps the same NR status of the original one or you start fresh, depending upon what you you book on the replacement.  We never know 100% as to approved time off until December of the year prior.

1. Yes, you can sit on the FCC until you are ready, but you have to cruise by December 2021.

2. When you make your new booking, it will take on the rules you book with. I.e. if you book with a refundable or non-refundable rate. The FCC has no bearing on that. Think of it as a large gift card 🙂

Thanks SPC that makes sense. Not much else seems to lately lol

i do have an email in to InsureMyTrip as well as insurer of this cruise. Trying to find out if I can flip the TI purchased in ‘19 for potentially cancelled cruise to new one. Have done so in past when my plans changed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keishashadow said:

1. you can hold onto it as long as the deadlines for use are adhered to.

2. Yes you can change the date but the original terms of the FCC apply  

When you book your new cruise you choose refundable or non refundable.  The FCC has nothing to do with that.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

am sadly cancelling my May 10 cruise because I planned to travel with my 81 year old mother with a hear condition and diabetes. Dont want her to take unnecessary risk.  

My understanding is that we will each get 2 FCCs even though I paid for everything.  The 2 kids get none as they sailed under kids sail free. These credits are non transferable. So let's say I cruise again with my kids under 12 and she decides not to go. Can we put her on the reservation, use her FCC and do a name change if she decides not to go but still keep the value of her FCC  on the reservation?

If we dont or cant do a name change and she doesn't go, can she just be a no show and we keep the value of her FCC on the reservation?

We always sail during kids sail free. So the price for 1 adult and 2 kids is the same as 2 adults and 2 kids. The only extra is port fee/tax which will be refunded in the case of a no show.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give in answering this question especially if it's from personal experience.

Ar first I thought the FCC was generous, but now I realize it's not. Many cruises will have to be cancelled. The Grand will not be the last ship in this predicament. Once a ship is infected it's out of commission for 1 or 2 months. Also, ports are going to continue to deny entry. By giving FCC they can hold your money even if your cruise is eventually cancelled. 

• Like 1