First Time on the Summit to Bermuda

LovetheRedSox

We're traveling to Bermuda from NJ in July.  This is my first cruise and my wife's second.  We're so psyched. A couple quick questions:

1.  Is breakfast or lunch served in the MDR on the Summit?  If so, does anybody have a picture of the menus?

2. Does anybody have a picture of the 2020 by the glass wine selections?  We will be on the premium beverage package, so we're interested to see what is available.  I'd love a link to the by-the-bottle list in the MDR if that is possible, too.

3.  Has anybody tried purchasing a day pass to the beach in Bermuda from a hotel (like Elbow Beach). Is it worth doing if we want to spend the day on the beach, and easy to do? 

Thank you very much for helping out.  I have had so much fun researching this trip here!!!

Enjoy your cruise.   There will be Breakfast served daily in Cosmopolitan from 7:30-9:00.

For menu easiest is to download the app select Summit current sailing and you can view the daily menus.   Menus are normally not updated until a week before your cruise.

• Thanks 1

Lunch is served in the MDR on sea days but not on port days.  You can go to Elbow Beach on your own, no need for a day pass.  There is a public bus that goes from the dockyards to the beach and there are regular van shuttles from the pier right down to the beach for about $7 Per Person each way.  Beach  stuff can be rented right there and there is food right there too along with a showers and bathrooms.  The whole trip is beautiful. We did in July 2019 and planned to do it again in 2019 but we ended up loving out of NJ.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

Lunch is served in the MDR on sea days but not on port days.  You can go to Elbow Beach on your own, no need for a day pass.  There is a public bus that goes from the dockyards to the beach and there are regular van shuttles from the pier right down to the beach for about $7 Per Person each way.  Beach  stuff can be rented right there and there is food right there too along with a showers and bathrooms.  The whole trip is beautiful. We did in July 2019 and planned to do it again in 2019 but we ended up loving out of NJ.

Beaches are great.  Taxi easy to figure out.  Was an awesome cruise...relaxing, good time in Bermuda, etc...

Thank you all so much!  The Cosmopolitan menus are very helpful and thank you all for the recommendations, including getting the App.  Will do.  And thank you for your patience with my "newcomer" questions.  Does anybody actually eat breakfast or lunch in the Cosmopolitan on sea days?  I have this vision of eating there as being in a beautiful space with an amazing view.  Is that accurate?  Would we be better served to plan our breakfast and lunches in the buffet?  

Edited by LovetheRedSox

About five years ago we did not get a day room but did take a package at the Cova Reef hotel in Bermuda.    The package included full use of pool, changing rooms, showers, and the beach.   We also were given a very nice lunch at a restaurant next to the pool. 

Lunch is served in the MDR only on sea days.  Make sure you try the buffet at least once, Celebrity's is excellent with lots of grilled items. 

Edited by dkjretired

21 hours ago, Mr. Click said:

What you are describing is Horseshoe Bay not Elbow Beach. For Elbow Beach resort that OP asked about a day pass is needed. Those have been sold by Resorts for a Day. Resorts for a Day also has sold day passes for Coco Reef which is also on Elbow Beach.

Edited by Charles4515

If someone provides a wine list, be prepared that it might be different when you board as it can vary by season, year and itinerary. I second the suggestion to look at the Ports of Call boards for Bermuda, you'll find a lot of good information. Since you'll spend a couple of nights docked there, it's a different experience from many other cruises.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

What you are describing is Horseshoe Bay not Elbow Beach. For Elbow Beach resort that OP asked about a day pass is needed. Those have been sold by Resorts for a Day. Resorts for a Day also has sold day passes for Coco Reef which is also on Elbow Beach.

Sorry.  Still a great beac and an easy outing.

42 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

Sorry.  Still a great beac and an easy outing.

It is a great beach and for Bermuda I prefer Horseshoe Bay to getting a day pass. I also prefer Horseshoe to Elbow.  I have done day passes at other ports. Usually ports that are sketchy like Jamaica.  Bermuda is a safe port and easy to get around. On the public beaches in Bermuda like Horseshoe no vendors walk around hawking stuff like at many other ports. 

Edited by Charles4515

5 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

It is a great beach and for Bermuda I prefer Horseshoe Bay to getting a day pass. I also prefer Horseshoe to Elbow.  I have done day passes at other ports. Usually ports that are sketchy like Jamaica.  Bermuda is a safe port and easy to get around. On the public beaches in Bermuda like Horseshoe no vendors walk around hawking stuff like at many other ports. 

WE found Horseshoe just a beautiful place to be and walk around.  We are not big on sitting in the sun or in the sand anymore but that is just us.