Regal Princess Drifting off Miami?

eroller

The issues of the "transferring Grand crew members" have now affected another vessel. 

I was on Marine Traffic and noticed Regal was heading in the direction of Miami instead of Fort Lauderdale. Then, she anchored at around 0432EDT. 

trd5Mq9ImT_g3mAbpBFC3_sfkdXVFoAu68kNS6jc563LW1opQDskEZ8xgChWuxVX092w3BuXHGBkP2tI8NB1iYZ-zY2oyWEpnZehHugTzn-qlUM3BAZlXR25l-tKLTamRWt7LF5r

xXGXftWBxCyj5ez2E6oY8PDzvU-WciP0cg-0ONNfqgYQfbapWp_0rRZ_xnt6zAnJL4pzBNM2L9Lmk5p07cebAoXF0A3gg86UGPsP0GWXtgVNX357ckmq3dst0tgA-Ixi7IKwtzmO

Was anxious to see what was happening, but an update was finally made via a passenger onboard:

So unfortunate for everyone involved and hoping for the best in the end!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Currently on board. We have 2 previous Grand Princess crew members on board. CDC is going to have them tested, so waiting on the kit (Same as they did the royal yesterday). Captain Tim states that they joined the ship outside of the standard incubation period and have shown no symptoms. Also no one on the ship. He feels this is just administrative, let’s hope. He thinks of all goes well, will arrive at noon. They already cancelled the cruise for next week. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Oh my.  Poor Princess can’t win.  Such a nightmare.  

I sincerely hope you don’t have to float in limbo for days like with GRAND PRINCESS.  They are now delayed entry into Oakland until tomorrow ... at least as of this minute.  Things seem to change hourly and I can’t say I have confidence in the US response.   

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dawniepoo said:

Well, we sail next week on Regal, or will we? I can't believe I am even typing this, but maybe we should cancel. 🤭

Isnt it better to let Princess cancel and you get refund and free cruise?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Coastguard is here now, so they are completing the two requires test. Estimated 20 minutes and we will complete our trip to FLL. 3-4 hours for the test results, so they are thinking we will be docked by 2pm if they come back negative. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

We are scheduled to sail on the Regal on 3/29 and if we sail we will have all our meals in the restaurant and avoid the LIdo buffet.

We have decided to skip the Horizon Court next week. It will definitely be a challenge since I don't particularly like the lunch menu in the dining room. I have a feeling i'm going to have my fill of ham and cheese croissants in the IC. Oh, the things we sacrifice for our health 😜

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, jtjosh02 said:

Coastguard is here now, so they are completing the two requires test. Estimated 20 minutes and we will complete our trip to FLL. 3-4 hours for the test results, so they are thinking we will be docked by 2pm if they come back negative. 

That's what they said for the Carnival Panarama too.  No word on the result as of 8 pm PT.  Hope Miami is faster at processing.

• Like 1

Yup! Heard about this at 5am. 😳. Hoping tests come back negative for all on both the Regal and Royal. Crazy how this thing gets spread like wildfire through one person. My fingers are still crossed I will have no problems in 2 weeks for the sky.

6 minutes ago, sgacruiser said:

Coastguard is here now, so they are completing the two requires test. Estimated 20 minutes and we will complete our trip to FLL. 3-4 hours for the test results, so they are thinking we will be docked by 2pm if they come back negative

Do you know if today’s cruise is cancelled or not?

Edited by spyro1952

1 minute ago, spyro1952 said:

Do you know if today’s cruise is cancelled or not?

that would be really horrible to send those passengers away only to have them return the next day and then to cancel their sailing.  I would have preferred they canceled it from the get go in that case.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Yup! Heard about this at 5am. 😳. Hoping tests come back negative for all on both the Regal and Royal. Crazy how this thing gets spread like wildfire through one person. My fingers are still crossed I will have no problems in 2 weeks for the sky.

We'll you still have the option to cancel out. 

Just now, MissP22 said:

We'll you still have the option to cancel out. 

I absolutely I've never questioned myself nor do I still question myself whether or not to cancel no desire to do so. Still planning on to go unless princess Cancels me

• Like 2