Future Cruise Certificates for cancelled cruises

19 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When I receive the fcc how long do I have to use it?  I read can be used on sailing up thru dec 2021 but do I have to book that sailing right away or just hold onto fcc till we figure out what's going on in the world?

You can apply it any time up until the date it has to be used by. No rush. 

1 hour ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

Hi,

With cruise lines now offering customers with bookings the opportunity to cancel cruises with a full refund given in future cruise certificates in light of the current Coronavirus situation, I'm hoping someone can answer this query.

I have booked a family cruise for Summer 2020 for the Med aboard Anthem OTS as a gift to them. I will be making the full payment for everyone who is going (3 couples).  However, if RCI cancels the cruise (or we decide to cancel) the future cruise certificates will be issued in individual names even though I have paid for the entire cruise. 

If someone in our party who has a future cruise certificate decides they are not coming on our re-booked cruise that means I have lost one hell of a lot of money if I can't use their future cruise certificate because it's in their name (even though I've paid). It just doesn't seem right that I am paying but someone else will be getting the credit.

Maybe I should point out that one of the people going is not family.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks.

I was supposed to be on the oasis of the sea last year when the crane fell on it 2 weeks before our sail date. We had 3 cabins and I paid for all of the guests.  

needless to say, our cruise was cancelled.  The refunded our money in full and provided full future cruise credit to all of us.  The money of course was all refunded to me, however the FCC was issued to each individual person and not all to me.  Thats how it works.  GOOD LUCK

How quickly is an FCC issued for a cancelled cruise?  I know for refunds back to a credit card you usually have to wait a few days, but is the FCC issued immediately (do you get an FCC # while you're on the phone cancelling, or an email or snail mail later?)  

I am seeing big price drops for my current cruise, but am beyond final payment.   I may want to cancel and then use the FCC to re-book at the lower price and then use any remainder of the FCC on a future cruise.  

1 hour ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

Hi,

With cruise lines now offering customers with bookings the opportunity to cancel cruises with a full refund given in future cruise certificates in light of the current Coronavirus situation, I'm hoping someone can answer this query.

I have booked a family cruise for Summer 2020 for the Med aboard Anthem OTS as a gift to them. I will be making the full payment for everyone who is going (3 couples).  However, if RCI cancels the cruise (or we decide to cancel) the future cruise certificates will be issued in individual names even though I have paid for the entire cruise. 

If someone in our party who has a future cruise certificate decides they are not coming on our re-booked cruise that means I have lost one hell of a lot of money if I can't use their future cruise certificate because it's in their name (even though I've paid). It just doesn't seem right that I am paying but someone else will be getting the credit.

Maybe I should point out that one of the people going is not family.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks.

I just got off the phone with RCCL. I was only on hold for 15 minutes and for about 5 more when she went to confirm the answers to my questions.

I asked how the FCC works for my family of 3, since my teen had the smallest cruise fare and may not want to cruise with us next time.  The woman checked with her supervisor and said that the FCC will get split evenly among all three guests and not based on the actual fare as per the booking/receipt.  Which is not so helpful for us or you.

All the taxes and excursions were all returned to the credit card that I used to pay for them.

1 minute ago, shanley said:

I just got off the phone with RCCL. I was only on hold for 15 minutes and for about 5 more when she went to confirm the answers to my questions.

I asked how the FCC works for my family of 3, since my teen had the smallest cruise fare and may not want to cruise with us next time.  The woman checked with her supervisor and said that the FCC will get split evenly among all three guests and not based on the actual fare as per the booking/receipt.  Which is not so helpful for us or you.

All the taxes and excursions were all returned to the credit card that I used to pay for them.

All I can say is that that is not what has happened in the past.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

All I can say is that that is not what has happened in the past.

I know. The woman helping me said she needed to check how it was being handled because this new policy is different than the usual FCC policy. She confirmed the new policy with her supervisor.  I haven't received a confirmation email yet (other than for canceled excursions) but she was very clear on how it was going to work this time.

1 minute ago, shanley said:

I know. The woman helping me said she needed to check how it was being handled because this new policy is different than the usual FCC policy. She confirmed the new policy with her supervisor.  I haven't received a confirmation email yet (other than for canceled excursions) but she was very clear on how it was going to work this time.

Lol call back and get another answer more than likely 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Secretlyfi said:

How quickly is an FCC issued for a cancelled cruise?  I know for refunds back to a credit card you usually have to wait a few days, but is the FCC issued immediately (do you get an FCC # while you're on the phone cancelling, or an email or snail mail later?)  

I am seeing big price drops for my current cruise, but am beyond final payment.   I may want to cancel and then use the FCC to re-book at the lower price and then use any remainder of the FCC on a future cruise.  

they are saying 4-6 weeks to get the FCC issued.

I seriously doubt they would allow you to apply a FCC from a cruise that you cancelled to the same cruise which could be why they are taking so long to issue the FCC's

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When I receive the fcc how long do I have to use it?  I read can be used on sailing up thru dec 2021 but do I have to book that sailing right away or just hold onto fcc till we figure out what's going on in the world?

You can wait to book the sailing any time. You can also apply the FCC to another sailing you already have booked as long as it is in 2020 or 2021. 

This new policy might create increased demand for 2021 so if you have very specific cabin requirements then book soon, otherwise you can wait as long as you want before booking. 

3 hours ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

Yes molly361,

Not going to do anything yet, plenty of time it's booked for mid August.

Unless something changed in the last day or so, the FCC's were for cruises book for sailing  until July 31.  If your cruise is in August and you cancel, it's on your own.  

I say this as that is the policy I have read.  I am sure it is possible to have the date extended, but at this time you would not be given a FCC.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

Unless something changed in the last day or so, the FCC's were for cruises book for sailing  until July 31.  If your cruise is in August and you cancel, it's on your own.  

I say this as that is the policy I have read.  I am sure it is possible to have the date extended, but at this time you would not be given a 

If your cruise in august your final payment is not due to early May so you may cancel before that 90 day window and they will refund your credit card all but $100 per cabin if it was a non refundable deposit.  That policy has not changed. Been in place for long time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If your cruise in august your final payment is not due to early May so you may cancel before that 90 day window and they will refund your credit card all but $100 per cabin if it was a non refundable deposit.  That policy has not changed. Been in place for long time.

I have a b2b booked for baltic and norway in august and I confirmed with rcl I may cancel before final payment date of may 5th for my b2b and will be refunded what we paid other than $100 since we booked as a NRD.

We also booked refundable airfare thru choiceair and same goes no fee to cancel with choiceair before final payment date.

Now we did not cancel as we booked this b2b with my brother and his wife and we are going to wait till may 1st and see what is happening with virus then.

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was addressing FCCs as that is what was being discussed.  Of course the deposit refund policy has been in existence and there is no change in that.  I realize that at this time only the deposit has been paid by the  Disney Queen but she said she is not doing anything yet as her cruise isn't until Aug.  I was just trying to explain that if she waits and wants to get the FCC, she may or may not get that.  

I guess I wasn't clear enough for misunderstandings of my reply to be avoided.