*****CARNIVAL CANCELLATIONS THREAD-- Please read*****

krusso80

21 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

If you want stock, take the refund and buy stock. I've never heard of a company giving stock in lieu of a refund and the logistics of it would be terrible. Take the money and do whatever you want with it. Not sure I understand this.

sanger727,  

I haven't heard of it happening either, however an option at a pricepoint on the day a cancellation occurs would be handy to have given a refund takes 90 days and a lot can change in 90 days.

1 minute ago, PaulMedik said:

sanger727,  

I haven't heard of it happening either, however an option at a pricepoint on the day a cancellation occurs would be handy to have given a refund takes 90 days and a lot can change in 90 days.

Ok. I guess I am operating under the assumption that if you didn't have enough cash reserves to float yourself a loan to buy the stock now and replenish your savings with your refund you probably should be taking the cash no matter what.

38 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

Ok. I guess I am operating under the assumption that if you didn't have enough cash reserves to float yourself a loan to buy the stock now and replenish your savings with your refund you probably should be taking the cash no matter what.

sanger727,

I have owned CCL stock many times over the years, but when this all started I didn't own any.  I bought last week and plan to buy more.  Stock is a better choice for me since I'll just apply a refund to another cruise or FCC to another cruise, but I would hold CCL for at least as long as I think it's finished going up.  Replenishing my savings isn't my goal; biggest bang for the buck is.
Carnival would win as well if they issued stock since a refund could be a loss and a FCC simply replaces money they would have earned from someone else regardless.

1 hour ago, PaulMedik said:

sanger727,  

I don’t think a refund will take 90 days. I cancelled and rebooked the first day cancellations were allowed, March 6th. This was a week before cruises were cancelled by Carnival. All my refunds posted to my CC within 5 business days. 

A PVP told me today I have 90 days from the date my cruise was supposed to sail, April 4th, to request a refund. If I do that they will fully refund the April 4th Cruise and cancel and refund any extra payments for the rescheduled cruise. 

Good to hear they were able to secure financing to get through this mess and therefore those that request them should get their refunds. I was worried about that too! 

On 3/13/2020 at 7:38 AM, Andoria said:

I canceled my upcoming cruise on Monday. I never received a confirmation email and I haven't received a refund (my cruise had been paid in full). When I try to access my booking on Carnival's website, it's no longer listed.

Did you ever get any confirmation or refund?? I still havent, and getting worried 😞

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2020 at 9:11 AM, Andoria said:

No. I never got a refund or confirmation. I, too, am getting worried.

So I called them and the woman on the phone said they dont give confirmation emails, but she could check in my account and see that it would be fully refunded. But it might take 10+ days to see that on credit card. So... we'll see

1 hour ago, Aprilfoolx said:

So I called them and the woman on the phone said they dont give confirmation emails, but she could check in my account and see that it would be fully refunded. But it might take 10+ days to see that on credit card. So... we'll see

I just got off the phone with them. The woman I spoke to said she's been working there for 6 years and doesn't understand why my booking hasn't been moved to processing (or something like that).  I was told I need to call the accounting department on Monday because I'm at 14+ business days at this point.

The woman who answered my call was really nice and I didn't have the heart to complain about lack of emails. I'm Platinum with Carnival and I'm a little annoyed that I haven't received one Covid-19 email or a cancellation email. I know I'm on their email list. 

Set to travel May 10th. Cruise is not available to book anymore, so I am anticipating a cancellation of it tomorrow.
I have the "new" cruise all picked out.
Should I put it on a temporary hold until tomorrow? Should I just book as normal for the monthly payment route, and have Carnival do all the rerouting of my money?
Any advice? (New cruise won't be until next February - and cost is approx. $50 more than current booked cruise)

Booked on the Glory for June 28th, not holding my breath but was able to do my online checkin this morning.   Everything went along normally, but when I was done and looked at my cruise docs!!!

Lots of incomplete info there.   No boarding pass, luggage there, but no cabin numbers!!!   Never seen that before, thinking its a bad sign   😞     

Anyone ever see something like this before???

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2020 at 7:22 PM, Andoria said:

I just got off the phone with them. The woman I spoke to said she's been working there for 6 years and doesn't understand why my booking hasn't been moved to processing (or something like that).  I was told I need to call the accounting department on Monday because I'm at 14+ business days at this point.

The woman who answered my call was really nice and I didn't have the heart to complain about lack of emails. I'm Platinum with Carnival and I'm a little annoyed that I haven't received one Covid-19 email or a cancellation email. I know I'm on their email list. 

Just curious if you ever got a resolution to your refund? I still haven't received mine at all and it's been over 10 business days since I last called and spoke with customer service. 

Did you end up calling the accounting department? If so, did they help? What is their number?

Thanks  

31 minutes ago, Aprilfoolx said:

Just curious if you ever got a resolution to your refund? I still haven't received mine at all and it's been over 10 business days since I last called and spoke with customer service. 

Did you end up calling the accounting department? If so, did they help? What is their number?

Thanks  

No, I didn't call the accounting department because the day I was supposed to call, Carnival came out with their plan for resuming operations. I figured it would be next to impossible to talk to anyone. I was told to just call the regular number and say you want to speak to someone in the accounting department.

I was thinking of calling on Monday but at this point I'd be surprised if I got a refund before the 90 days is up.