*****CARNIVAL CANCELLATIONS THREAD-- Please read*****

krusso80

2 minutes ago, donegal rose said:

SORRY do you have to check in to  VIEW BALANCE DETAILS.

have logged in using booking ref no and surname and added my booking but not checked in online and can not get to VIEW BALANCE  DETAILS   after  Booking order and details?? 

that happened to me as well. I did not checked in . and I have not option to view balance details. its interested me as well

19 minutes ago, donegal rose said:

SORRY do you have to check in to  VIEW BALANCE DETAILS.

have logged in using booking ref no and surname and added my booking but not checked in online and can not get to VIEW BALANCE  DETAILS   after  Booking order and details?? 

I haven't actually cancelled yet.  I'm hoping Carnival does first.  These steps were in another thread so they were just a suggestion.

1 hour ago, Andoria said:

I canceled my upcoming cruise on Monday. I never received a confirmation email and I haven't received a refund (my cruise had been paid in full). When I try to access my booking on Carnival's website, it's no longer listed.

The same thing happened to me! I am worried because i need some kind of documentation to show it

2 minutes ago, Aprilfoolx said:

I tried calling the 3 different customer service numbers and each one says 'high call volume' and 'try again later'. No ringing at all. LOL what a joke

They are swamped, pure and simple.  You can think it is a joke or not, your call, but it is real.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aprilfoolx said:

I tried calling the 3 different customer service numbers and each one says 'high call volume' and 'try again later'. No ringing at all. LOL what a joke

Sadly not a joke.  Can you imagine how many passengers are booked to sail on Carnival between now and the end of May?  And then what percentage of those people have questions?

I empathize greatly with Carnival employees both on-board and corporate.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, buckeyefrank said:

Does anyone know if you cancel online whether you can use the FCC as a deposit on a future cruise or would cash need to be used?

Carnival will require a deposit for the future cruise. I cancelled and rebooked over the phone last Friday, my booking was in the 50% penalty period so that portion was credited in FCC and the rest refunded to my CC. I have two cabins, the new deposit was $1000 and the total for the new cruise was a couple hundred more. I moved from April to July which usually Is a lot more so I am satisfied. 

in the meantime I have come to the realization that by requiring a deposit for the future cruise Carnival is moving more of your funds from refundable to non-refundable/FCC. My new cruise now falls into the newest Coronavirus Cancellation Policy so I might reschedule again if the situation doesn’t get better but I hope not! 

I can understand why Carnival is doing it this way and I still think the cancellation policy is fair, looking forward to my summer cruise! 

57 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Has anyone seen the health questionnaire they will ask at embarkation?

When we cruised last month, the form asked if you had traveled to certain regions (last 20 days I think), your general health (fever, etc). I'm guessing they've now added information about ongoing health issues such as diabetes, etc.  they may have added age, but that wouldn't make sense as they know how old you are. We got notification yesterday afternoon (for our cruise tomorrow) that anyone over 70 has to have a "fit to sail" letter from doctor to board. No way we could get that in a day, so our only choice was to cancel. This information was for sailings up to 3/16. 

Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FLCruise7 said:

When we cruised last month, the form asked if you had traveled to certain regions (last 20 days I think), your general health (fever, etc). I'm guessing they've now added information about ongoing health issues such as diabetes, etc.  they may have added age, but that wouldn't make sense as they know how old you are. We got notification yesterday afternoon (for our cruise tomorrow) that anyone over 70 has to have a "fit to sail" letter from doctor to board. No way we could get that in a day, so our only choice was to cancel. This information was for sailings up to 3/16. 

Hope this helps. 

We’re on the Vista right now and that is exactly what was on the questionnaire when we boarded March 7th. But in reading the news about 70 year old + and also the articles about turning away Diabetes patients it assuredly will include much more.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

Carnival will require a deposit for the future cruise. I cancelled and rebooked over the phone last Friday, my booking was in the 50% penalty period so that portion was credited in FCC and the rest refunded to my CC. I have two cabins, the new deposit was $1000 and the total for the new cruise was a couple hundred more. I moved from April to July which usually Is a lot more so I am satisfied. 

in the meantime I have come to the realization that by requiring a deposit for the future cruise Carnival is moving more of your funds from refundable to non-refundable/FCC. My new cruise now falls into the newest Coronavirus Cancellation Policy so I might reschedule again if the situation doesn’t get better but I hope not! 

I can understand why Carnival is doing it this way and I still think the cancellation policy is fair, looking forward to my summer cruise! 

Our TA, along with lots of others, was unable to get through to Carnival the last few days to cancel our May sailing and book a new sail date at the end of June.  Now, according to what was posted on Carnival's website we lose out on the $100 OBC because we did not book by 3/10!  Our new reservation was booked yesterday. This is on top of losing the money paid for insurance through Carnival and paying almost $500 more per person for the same number of days, same ports, but a different ship!  It seems unfair that due to their inability to handle the volume of calls, we are being penalized. We are staying with them and giving them our monies.  We did not cancel and not our fault that we could not get through to them. 😬

MARAPRINCE

2 minutes ago, Maraprince said:

Our TA, along with lots of others, was unable to get through to Carnival the last few days to cancel our May sailing and book a new sail date at the end of June.  Now, according to what was posted on Carnival's website we lose out on the $100 OBC because we did not book by 3/10!  Our new reservation was booked yesterday. This is on top of losing the money paid for insurance through Carnival and paying almost $500 more per person for the same number of days, same ports, but a different ship!  It seems unfair that due to their inability to handle the volume of calls, we are being penalized. We are staying with them and giving them our monies.  We did not cancel and not our fault that we could not get through to them. 😬

MARAPRINCE

Give them a chance to breathe and I am sure they will revise the issues to the new plan.  Things are changing rapidly and I can only imagine they just don't have the time to thoroughly digest the implications to the each and every cruise being altered. 

We had two cabins for 18 April sailing.  TA got us rebooked to December.  Full refund. Less than half was FCC, so used for next cruise. The rest was credited to our credit card, which I will send to Carnival in September. Not a lot of work on our part -- maybe a lot for TA?

She is trying to get Allianz travel insurance to transfer to the new date as well.  Getting the shore excursions (not thru cruiseline) rebooked too.

1 minute ago, Maraprince said:

MARAPRINCE

I hear you and sympathize, I just got lucky and am happy I rebooked so quickly. I did not wait to receive the letter, as soon as I heard about the new policy last Thursday night I went online, found the cruise I wanted to switch to and put it on hold. It took me a few hours to get through last Friday, more time on hold and then over an hour to get the the transaction completed.

There were mistakes too, the FCC did not get applied to the second cabin and I must have made a mistake by not booking an Early Saver rate on the second cabin. I filled out price protection claims online a couple of days ago but the one for the second cabin was denied because it was not an Early Saver. I finally got through last night to get the FCC applied and was able to switch the second cabin to Early Saver for $20 less and it comes with $75 OBC. I was relieved to now have it all squared away, whew! 

I completely agree that your situation is unfair, the Coronavirus problem is fluid so things could definitely change before you sail. I would have your travel agent contact Carnival to request at least the $100 OBC, there is no arguing the fact that it was impossible to get the new cruise booked before the unknown March 10th deadline. That requirement should be waived for passengers that are rebooking from the March to May cruises. Good luck and have a great cruise! 

9 minutes ago, Trueblueky said:

We had two cabins for 18 April sailing.  TA got us rebooked to December.  Full refund. Less than half was FCC, so used for next cruise. The rest was credited to our credit card, which I will send to Carnival in September. Not a lot of work on our part -- maybe a lot for TA?

She is trying to get Allianz travel insurance to transfer to the new date as well.  Getting the shore excursions (not thru cruiseline) rebooked too.

I booked my travel insurance online at Insuremytrip.com, it is with Travelsafe. I was able to get the policy switched my new cruise pretty easily. I had to send them an e-mail including the invoices for the cancelled and new cruises, I got the confirmation and policy the next day. 

Our booking is in the 50% penalty period right now and we paid mostly with GC.  If we cancel we would get half back (plus ppd tips) on a GC I assume and the 50% on FCC.  We found another cruise that's almost exactly the same price.  Doesn't seem fair to have to layout more cash..

45 minutes ago, Maraprince said:

MARAPRINCE

Because your TA has many, many to deal with, and you only have your personal issue, this would have sadly been an instance where it could have worked out better for people not having a TA. I am sure you would have been willing to wait longer on the phone, where a TA might not have that luxury due to volume of things they have to scramble to fix now. Or, you might have been able to do more on line. Sorry, that sux. But, as someone else said, give it a bit of time and it may still get worked out. If not, your TA may need to compensate you somehow. Not sure if that will happen, but it is a thought.

If I have to cancel because of the restrictions with diabetes, how does that work if I bought the insurance? I can't find the details on the website. Coincidentally, the website has nothing listed about diabetics being turned away! 

Did anyone cancel. And then get an email stating the penalty and that I won’t be getting that back?  The penalty is waived.... it’s your FCC. Right?  If so. Why would the email state I’m not getting it back?  Why doesn’t it say it’s a FCC?  I have tried to call. But of course phone lines not working. Does anyone know?  Or had that happen to them?

thanks!

So all the major cruise lines except for CARNIVAL have done the right thing by their customers.

Carnival will give you 11 months to sail  if you don't want to risk your life and your families life and not cruise as the CDC now recommends. Well tough luck to us customers if we needed 12 or more months to sail again. On top of that Carnival has now offered cash cabin credits not to cancel your cruise.  That seems like blood money to me at this point of the declared NATIONAL EMERGENCY!  People will not forget this companies response.  I as a Carnival frequent cruiser can only hope they correct their policy before it suffers irreparable damage to its corporate brand name.