Current sailings closing sports courts, mini golf, cancelling parties, and more (leaving pay activities open)

Jezo

57 minutes ago, zippydo1 said:

We get off on Saturday. 🤞  The kids clubs were open as of last night. Meet and mingle was cancelled.  The cruise started Saturday business as usual but as the week went on more precautions were out in place. 

i was on the BA with 2 kids with 2 days bad weather (ie outside doors locked , no escape). we prayed the kids slept till noon, they didnt do kids clubs and theres nothign to do on the BA

1 hour ago, Zippeedee said:

We may not use that stuff, but there are going to be bored kids running all over the ship and causing chaos or making their parents miserable.

When our daughter gets bored she falls asleep. The thing is she is like 4 years old and we dont leave her alone in the hotel or a cabin on the cruise, so everytime such thing happens (a nothing to donsituation) we have to go back to the room to put her to sleep. In respect to my wife I usually stay with them and sleep myself. The truth is - if the kid is bored, you are bored lol 

On Escape now and we decided to stay on the ship today.  Mini golf closed, ropes course closed, no ping pong.  Arcade is still open, which is ridiculous.  No one is in there sanitizing the machines.

The ship has to tender in Cozumel today, which is a cluster.  Going to be a long sea day tomorrow...my kid likes all the activities.  

12 minutes ago, Level six said:

Plus, even if they cancel all activities there is no way to keep people apart from each other.  

The gym, trivia, theater, buffet, around the pool.  It is impossible on a ship unless everyone just stays in their rooms. 

Exactly.  If we're at the point where they are trying to keep people isolated from each other, it's time to start cancelling the cruises.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, erin21497 said:

Exactly.  If we're at the point where they are trying to keep people isolated from each other, it's time to start cancelling the cruises.

They probably need to follow Princess's lead and cancel for a few months.  

• Like 1

Are they saying why it's closed? Is it because of the virus or is it standard practice on a port day? I called customer service and explained my concerns, we leave Saturday, she said there was no policy yet that stated those activities are shut down for good. I'm sure if there was a policy they wouldn't bother telling us anyways until we get on the ship. It scares me that two ships now are doing the same closings.

Edited by Inflatable_Catfish

Hard for me to ascertain what’s true, what’s speculation, etc here.  Think I’ll do myself a favor and just depend on my TA for any (if there is any) info.

Best to all of you who are cruising soon...including Carnival, Celebrity, Costa, Disney, MSC and Royal cruisers.  Looking forward to my upcoming cruise.

Edited by graphicguy

We are scheduled on the Escape for the 21st of March, and I really don't want to go anymore....no buffet, cancelled ports due to weather, activities shutting down. I'm not all that afraid of the virus or quarantine, but the atmosphere of the cruise just won't be as fun with all the cancellations and worry over germs. My daughter and I don't drink or gamble, so I'm not sure what we would even do.

• Like 1