Explorer drydock postponed

7 hours ago, Jack McGowan said:

There are also thousands of people who cruise from the UK? It would work the same way that Brits wouldn’t be able to get to Miami at the moment for a cruise? I think when cruises resume we are all going to have to cruise a bit closer to home for a while. 

The U.K. market is large but it’s questionable if there is enough people willing to travel in the coming months. Even with reduced capacity, it would still require 2k - 3k people every week or 10 days. 

23 hours ago, toad455 said:

It was mentioned in a Facebook group that the drydock/amp is back on schedule due to workers heading back to the docks shortly.

Was it just a rumour, or anything more concrete like an announcement or a schedule release?

8 hours ago, NateUpNorth said:

Was it just a rumour, or anything more concrete like an announcement or a schedule release?

nothing official or confirmed, maybe just speculation as the Explorer is dropping of crew in Europe now and the dock workers are back in Germany at least.

2 minutes ago, toad455 said:

It appears she's dropping off crew in Barbados now and then heading to Europe.

Seeing how Anthem's and Freedom's plans have already changed since the announcement of ship plans last week, I wouldn't count on Explorer keeping her earlier plans either. 

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Seeing how Anthem's and Freedom's plans have already changed since the announcement of ship plans last week, I wouldn't count on Explorer keeping her earlier plans either. 

As far as I’m aware anthem still going to India and Freedom to Southampton?

22 minutes ago, toad455 said:

nothing official or confirmed, maybe just speculation as the Explorer is dropping of crew in Europe now and the dock workers are back in Germany at least.

We're scheduled on her in Dec..... from what I gather the drydock was required maintenance in order for her to continue sailing..... was hoping both drydock and amp would happen as keeping hope alive we'll be boarding in 7 months.... if they aren't possibleI wonder if the itinerary would be cancelled or another ship parachuted in.....

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Maybe, but I don't think either is on the originally announced schedule currently.

Yeah, Anthem’s on the way to a Nassau at the moment isn’t she?

1 minute ago, NateUpNorth said:

We're scheduled on her in Dec..... from what I gather the drydock was required maintenance in order for her to continue sailing..... was hoping both drydock and amp would happen as keeping hope alive we'll be boarding in 7 months.... if they aren't possibleI wonder if the itinerary would be cancelled or another ship parachuted in.....

Think it was, much like Anthems. They might do a toned down amp or maybe will get her back into service first then back in for an amp later. Nobody really knows yet. I highly doubt another ship will be substituted for Explorer, if the itinerary goes ahead I would expect to be on Explorer. 

2 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Yeah, Anthem’s on the way to a Nassau at the moment isn’t she?

Labadee, along with Adventure (I think the only ship was supposed to return Haitians).

Edited by Biker19

Vision is most likely bringing all the Indian crew from the ships that were down at Barbados to Labadee. Adventure is doing the same. Anthem will then proceed to the other collection points prior to sailing to India.

13 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Vision is most likely bringing all the Indian crew from the ships that were down at Barbados to Labadee.

The original announcement said The Vision will depart from Miami on May 15, and sail to St. Kitts, Dominica, St. Lucia, Grenada, Trinidad and St. Vincent. Not sure how much of the original plan survives.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The original announcement said The Vision will depart from Miami on May 15, and sail to St. Kitts, Dominica, St. Lucia, Grenada, Trinidad and St. Vincent. Not sure how much of the original plan survives.

Vision can disembark all Indians from the Barbados ships and take on all those from  St. Kitts, Dominica, St. Lucia, Grenada, Trinidad and St. Vincent at Labadee from Adventure and Anthem. Then she can sail to Coco Cay to take on more from the Caribbean if needed and then provision at Miami for the repatriation sailing on the 15th. 

Explorer has those that are taking charter flights from Barbados onboard now most likely. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Just choked on my coffee. Thanks for giving me a good giggle! 😂

Lol.

Bit of a funny word picture I guess.

I do wonder if there are itineraries where the ports aren't open and a ship is out of service due to a missed 5yr drydock, or heck even bookings are abysmal on a route how much mix and match can happen on the RCL end to maximize profit.... I mean enhance the experience....

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has there been an update on the Explorer amplification?

Was looking at booking the late October Holy Land cruise, and have seen the Diamond Lounge (which now includes Pinnacles, excluded from the Suite Lounge), has an outside part overlooking the Promenade, which looks fantastic

Am very wary of booking if it's in as poor as state as has been described

22 minutes ago, compman9 said:

Has there been an update on the Explorer amplification?

Think she will get a dry dock for her 5 year maintenance inspection, but it’s doubtful that there will be an amp. Much like allure really 

1 hour ago, Jack McGowan said:

Think she will get a dry dock for her 5 year maintenance inspection, but it’s doubtful that there will be an amp. Much like allure really 

I can see new bars and dinning being done as they make money 

just hope it makes it the ocean for the dry dock 

30 minutes ago, compman9 said:

When is Explorer in dry dock?

And why wouldn't RCI tell us this info?

Don't know (it was scheduled for late March to early May in Europe) and they might not know. She should be done dropping off crew in Barbados soon and we might get an indication then.

Edited by Biker19