Prices dropping after the effects of this pandemic!!

Our Liberty October cruise is still more than we originally paid, but we put an FCC on as deposit.  We are about ready to cx that one in all the uncertainty, but only if they give us back the FCC to rebook with.  If they say we'll lose that, then we'll just let it ride and see if it's suspended...then the onus is on them to make it right.....right?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The extra FCC of 25% will cover any increased price difference  ..... or possibly booking at a great price after final payment during these tough times.

The best one could possibly achieve would be a modest upgrade or maybe a better one if going from a higher demand sailing to a lower demand one.

I'm one who scored a great senior price on liberty of just under 750.00 plus taxes of 101.xx. for 1 person.

Anything I can rebook on liberty is at least $100 ish more. I guess I fall into your synopsis but I'm afraid to wait like I usually do last minute the way prices are up. I wouldnt want a last minute this year except possibly jewel to panama in dec. Hard to wait to book when you got fccs burning a hole in your pocket with expiration dates.

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe because no one has access to their books to see what kind of cash on hand they really have. Ever think of that?

RC’s annual report is out.  It’s in there somewhere I’m sure but RC’s cash to debt ratio is 0.02. I’m no financial expert but that’s not very good, particularly if it includes the money they are holding as deposits and fares that are now being asked for back in cash.  Time will tell but If I get the cash back for the three cruises I have booked in 2020, 2 of which are paid in full,  I’ll probably sit cruising out until I see ships going and coming without disease and it’s associated stateroom isolation and rejection by other countries.  

All I know is that 2021 cruises are holding very tight. on pricing. In fact they are way up as compared to our previously priced cruises. It appears that the normal amount of bookings was already on the books and then when the FCCs hit, many just jumped into cruises for 2021 pushing pricing even higher. 

18 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It's along read: https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/884887/000088488720000009/rcl-20191231.htm but, with the RCCL drawing down it's available credit lines, that ratio is a bit higher.

Yeah I tried to read that earlier but just didn’t care that much.  I know it looks higher on paper but if a company has to go further in debt to improve their cash-to-debt ratio I don’t see that as a positive.  At the end of the day it’s probably all a mute point anyway.  The U.S. has bigger fish to fry right now.

I have a Thanksgiving cruise booked thru my local travel agent.  The price has dropped considerably, but my travel agent is not working because of Covid-19.  Can I get Royal to mae a price adjustment or do I wait until she can come back to work?

2 hours ago, bluejeanlady said:

I have a Thanksgiving cruise booked thru my local travel agent.  The price has dropped considerably, but my travel agent is not working because of Covid-19.  Can I get Royal to mae a price adjustment or do I wait until she can come back to work?

I would call and try to get the drop because the price drop may not last. You could also try emailing your TA as they may be working remotely.

On 4/4/2020 at 4:54 PM, Iamcruzin said:

Don't worry it ain't going to sail. They may as well charge a dollar for that Aqua suite. Nobody will be in it. I think they dropped the price purposely so someone will book. It's after final payment so that means full payment due. By doing so they can hold that money and not refund it for 90 days after the cruise is canceled. That's how you borrow money interest free. If the passenger takes the FCC offer as a refund better yet for Royal Caribbean.

Maybe yes...maybe no.  Still 7 weeks away.  I can see them changing the itinerary and perhaps sailing from a different port.  Still, got nothing to lose.

17 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Maybe yes...maybe no.  Still 7 weeks away.  I can see them changing the itinerary and perhaps sailing from a different port.  Still, got nothing to lose.

Where is it sailing to now?

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Orlando?  That's smack dab in the middle of both coasts where disney world is. Doesnt have a port. 

That's a funny cruise. Oh we cruising inland folks. 

Orlando is Port Canaveral 

Just now, firefly333 said:

Ok, I lived in boca and to me not the same place. Np

I know but sometimes you have to read in between the lines. Orlando is the big attraction for that port of call. Everything will be shut down and Florida is requiring 14 day quarantine for new visitors. Don’t know how anyone would be able to leave the ship. The ports would also have to open. 

Which makes it a kinda awful port. I'd rather have one less port.

I think I got a stop in key west. I cant imagine much going on there either right now.

I'd be happy with 6 sea days and coco day. Well tbh I cant imagine how cruises are going to gear back up. Only takes one positive case and disaster to the rest. Wishful thinking on my part. Any port in florida right now seems to me like borrowing trouble.