Around the world

weregoingcruising

48 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

It is definitely cut short. She's on her way to Fremantle, Australia, rerouted after being on her way to Reunion. Probably the end of the line for her passengers.

Yes, get yourself home from Fremantle, as happened to Majestic Princess  the other week, Sydney to Singapore, terminated at Fremantle. At least PP will not have 3500 pax to deal with and get home, only around 650.  Even so, limited flights from Perth.

Edited by NSWP

6 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

It is definitely cut short. She's on her way to Fremantle, Australia, rerouted after being on her way to Reunion. Probably the end of the line for her passengers.

Only if Australia allows the ship there. "Cruise ships will also be banned from docking at any Australian port for 30 days"

https://www.smh.com.au/national/pm-introduces-strict-travel-restrictions-for-all-arrivals-20200315-p54a8q.html

I am currently on the little forgotten Pacific Princess World Cruise 2020.  We are in the middle of the Indian Ocean heading to Fremantle, Australia where we apparently will not be allowed to dock.   Princess had planned to send us home from there.  But now WHO KNOWS ??????  The captain has not yet spoken about the breaking news.  We had not been told anything about a plan to send us home yet anyway.  We will be just floating around for a while it would seem.  WE ARE A SAFE SHIP and have not set foot on land since March 3rd.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hpeabody said:

I am currently on the little forgotten Pacific Princess World Cruise 2020.  We are in the middle of the Indian Ocean heading to Fremantle, Australia where we apparently will not be allowed to dock.   Princess had planned to send us home from there.  But now WHO KNOWS ??????  The captain has not yet spoken about the breaking news.  We had not been told anything about a plan to send us home yet anyway.  We will be just floating around for a while it would seem.  WE ARE A SAFE SHIP and have not set foot on land since March 3rd.

Oh my!  Good to know you are a safe ship.  Obviously, this is not the cruise you expected but I assume will be memorable nonetheless.  Don't forget to keep us updated either on here or the other thread you started.  Many on here are getting our cruise fix through cc. 

5 hours ago, hpeabody said:

Wow!  Prayers to you and all onboard.

I'm on the Pacific Princess with Holly and am posting about our plight on Twitter at https://mobile.twitter.com/cjhayden

These posts are public and can be viewed without a Twitter account. 

I've also compiled them in a web page viewable by anyone without going to Twitter: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1238633232620376065.html

It would help us greatly if anyone has news about what's happening to the Sea Princess, scheduled to reach Sydney on Mar 18. We don't arrive in Fremantle until Mar 21, and the Sea Princess situation may give us some clue about our fate.

• Like 1

It looks like sea princess is headed to sydney; however it is just off the Tasmanian coast. You guys have had some tough times;  good luck and hope you get to dock somewhere soon.

Edited by AF-1

10 hours ago, CJinSF said:

I'm on the Pacific Princess with Holly and am posting about our plight on Twitter at https://mobile.twitter.com/cjhayden

These posts are public and can be viewed without a Twitter account. 

I've also compiled them in a web page viewable by anyone without going to Twitter: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1238633232620376065.html

It would help us greatly if anyone has news about what's happening to the Sea Princess, scheduled to reach Sydney on Mar 18. We don't arrive in Fremantle until Mar 21, and the Sea Princess situation may give us some clue about our fate.

We are on the Sea Princess now due to arrive at White Bay, Sydney at 5am Wednesday 18.  The Captain has told us there will be no problem  as we are considered as a domestic cruise, having only sailed from Brisbane on 8 March and have been in Australian waters all the time.  The Sea's previous cruise was to NZ.    When we docked in Hobart we were all able to go ashore but the passengers on the ship docked next to us on an MSC ship were not.  Supposedly  all international cruise ships are now banned from docking in Australia but there seem to be a few in Freemantle today.

Hope things work out for you all.  We are supposed to be sailing on the Pacific Princess in December.

Anne

14 hours ago, CJinSF said:

CJinSF

In your Twitter account you asked about the QM2.  The QM2 has ended its world cruise, and most passengers are reported to be at the Perth airport.  Here is the cruise critic link to the roll call. 

A few passengers and crew are still about, and the ship has left port and is headed west.  Destination unknown?

Edited by tcdcruiser