FCC offer

dmcfad2

I have one question about this 100% FCC that we are getting if we canceled our cruise. Does it have to go towards only one cruise? Our cruise was pretty expensive and I don't know if I will use the FCC all on one cruise. I wonder if there is a balance after booking another cruise, will it carry over to be used for booking a second cruise? If anyone knows, I would appreciate it.

check your conditions, because in certain circumstances the surplus FCC could be considered as cancellation fee for the original cruise. It all depends on your conditions (if not changed in the meantime). 

The HAL agent I spoke with last week when I cancelled our April 1st cruise (before the forced stopped operations the other day) said it could be used on several cruises in 2020-21 and I could use it on our existing Dec. 13th cruise to be able to upgrade from a Lanai to a Neptune Suite. Others on this board have said it can't be used on existing cruises, so not sure the agent was truthful or not. Will have to wait for two weeks until the FCC email arrives.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

Will have to wait for two weeks until the FCC email arrives.

I really think that is the best advice.

Different things being told to different people and it may well depend on the terms and conditions of several different types of FCC’s depending on if your cruise was cancelled or you opted to cancel?

Once it’s in writing then you will have the terms and conditions and you can then ask if you happen to need an exception to see if it’s permitted.  Knowledge is power 😉 

• Thanks 1

The thing is that it would be good to have the answers to some of these questions so we could make an informed decision whether to go with the FCC or a cash refund.  It would make a difference in my decision if I was able to apply the FCC to an existing booking.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SUESEABE said:

I have seen this email, but am still confused. This also raises another question, as I was told the future cruise had to be taken in 2020 or 2021, but this says the cruise does not need to depart within that timeframe.  I guess I will just wait to get the details of my FCC from Holland. Thank you.

33 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

And I do not get the term - "cannot be .... used as a deposit".  If you are booking a new cruise - surely it would be termed "a deposit"?

I hadn't notice that. So, maybe we have to come up with a cash deposit, too. That offer is looking less attractive by the minute. 

19 hours ago, dmcfad2 said:

I have seen this email, but am still confused. This also raises another question, as I was told the future cruise had to be taken in 2020 or 2021, but this says the cruise does not need to depart within that timeframe.  I guess I will just wait to get the details of my FCC from Holland. Thank you.

Reading the FCC notice, it says that the trip "need not be taken during this time frame", or words to that effect.  But the FCC must be applied to the booking by the December date.  I don't see a 2021 cut off date for the sailing, BTW.

As for the question of "deposit", it seems to me that, unlike the FCC's purchased aboard ship, which can be refunded if the cruise is cancelled, this "FCC" is being treat only as a non-refundable credit against whatever booking(s) one makes.  This brings up the question of whether travel insurance (or HAL's Cancellation Protection) would reimburse one for the FCC if the trip had to be cancelled.  I was told by the insurance underwriter for the CPP that it would cover "non-refundable" deposits." This representation was made, however, when non-refundable deposits first came out a few years ago.