EZAir 1015 flight out of FLL

Buckeye10640

How about a non-Coronavirus/cancellation question.  Looking forward to our Sky cruise late this year.  EZAir will allow me to book a 1015 flight home from FLL. I  realize we will probably need to walk off with our luggage. Is this realistic?   How would EZAir handle rebooking if we miss this flight...ie disembarkation is delayed, etc. We  have been pleased with EZAir in the past but never flown in or out of FLL or tried cutting the time this close.  Experiences? Thanks!

17 minutes ago, phred119s said:

We did not walk off in December. We were easily on the other side of security at FLL by 8:30 am. 

I think this would be all up to your personal preference. 

Wow! Did you use Princess airport transfer or just grab a cab/Uber? You are making me feel better about this choice. Other option is a mid afternoon flight out of MIA and we would rather get home early afternoon rather than evening. 

The airport is 15/20 minutes and about $20 away by taxi. Early walk off begins around 7am, maybe even earlier. You should be able to be at the airport by 8:15 without any problem. If you book an allowed flight using EZ Air they should take care of you should the ship be delayed.

• Like 1

I've caught a 9:45 flight even with picking my bag up in the baggage area.  Coming home from a transatlantic, everyone had all these bags, I had one so was able to get ahead of people needing big vehicles.  It worked out.

1 hour ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Wow! Did you use Princess airport transfer or just grab a cab/Uber? You are making me feel better about this choice. Other option is a mid afternoon flight out of MIA and we would rather get home early afternoon rather than evening. 

Take an Uber/Lyft or a taxi.

You can see the ship from the terminal.

We have also been at the gate by 8:00 to 8:30.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

We took an Uber. 

• Like 1

You can request an Uber, but Uber will have to enter the port and pick you up in the high traffic and people area. If you are at pier two, where the Sky will probably be located, taxis are all lined up under the parking deck, a simple walk across the street, and under cover if it is raining. The difference in price would not be significant.

We easily caught a 10am flight 6 weeks ago after disembarking from the Regal.  That time was an available choice on EZAir so I figured they wouldn't offer it if it wasn't doable 🙂  We did self disembark and carried off our own luggage, caught a taxi, and easily made it to the airport on time.  We had a slight delay getting off the ship with people standing everywhere for about 30 minutes, which they blamed on local authorities, but still we easily made the flight.  I was a little nervous when we booked it, but having done it, I would do it again.  Oh, and there were 6 ships in port too so it was definitely a busy time at the port and airport!  

Good luck!

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 1

Uber and Lyft are so easy to take from Terminal 2.  You walk out the main doors and there's the pick up spot!  It's perfect.  The best part is that Lyft often has new customer coupons.  We did walk off and our Lyft got us to FLL by 8:30 and it only cost $13 including the tip!  Taxis are horrible in FLL IMO.  They add on charges per bag and love to try to gouge you.  With Lyft, you know exactly how much it's gonna cost you.  

19 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

How about a non-Coronavirus/cancellation question.  Looking forward to our Sky cruise late this year.  EZAir will allow me to book a 1015 flight home from FLL. I  realize we will probably need to walk off with our luggage. Is this realistic?   How would EZAir handle rebooking if we miss this flight...ie disembarkation is delayed, etc. We  have been pleased with EZAir in the past but never flown in or out of FLL or tried cutting the time this close.  Experiences? Thanks!

I am surprised that EZAir allowed a booking this early.  Guideline is "Earliest Domestic Flight Departure for Ft. Lauderdale: 4 hours and 30 minutes after ship's arrival." 

How early is the ship scheduled to arrive?

Make sure the flight is 10:15 AM and not 10:15 PM.

4 hours ago, caribill said:

I am surprised that EZAir allowed a booking this early.  Guideline is "Earliest Domestic Flight Departure for Ft. Lauderdale: 4 hours and 30 minutes after ship's arrival." 

How early is the ship scheduled to arrive?

Make sure the flight is 10:15 AM and not 10:15 PM.

It's for sure a 10:11AM flight.  EZAir came up allowing flights after 10am from FLL.  But good point... I did just check and arrival is scheduled for 6am.  So its roughly 4.25 hours after arrival. 

13 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Uber and Lyft are so easy to take from Terminal 2.  You walk out the main doors and there's the pick up spot!  It's perfect.  The best part is that Lyft often has new customer coupons.  We did walk off and our Lyft got us to FLL by 8:30 and it only cost $13 including the tip!  Taxis are horrible in FLL IMO.  They add on charges per bag and love to try to gouge you.  With Lyft, you know exactly how much it's gonna cost you.  

Nothing against Lyft/Uber. Have been to FLL many many times. The two of us never had a per bag issue in FLL. No taxi driver ever tried to overcharge us. Believe, don't know for sure, that if you have a larger group there may be extra charges which I think are set rates.

Edited by skynight

40 minutes ago, skynight said:

Believe, don't know for sure, that if you have a larger group there may be extra charges which I think are set rates.

Van taxis (larger number of passengers and/or baggage) charge the same rates as sedan taxis in Fort Lauderdale.

2 hours ago, capriccio said:

Van taxis (larger number of passengers and/or baggage) charge the same rates as sedan taxis in Fort Lauderdale.

As you walk to the regular taxi's, you may see vans trying to get you to the airport in a shared taxi for about $15/person. A true ripoff compared to a metered taxi.

4 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

It's for sure a 10:11AM flight.  EZAir came up allowing flights after 10am from FLL.  But good point... I did just check and arrival is scheduled for 6am.  So its roughly 4.25 hours after arrival. 

Since EZAir allowed the booking, then EZAir should help out if the ship is late or other delays occur.

22 minutes ago, caribill said:

As you walk to the regular taxi's, you may see vans trying to get you to the airport in a shared taxi for about $15/person. A true ripoff compared to a metered taxi.

Those are shuttle vans and I agree they are a total rip-off.

Van taxis are marked as taxis and found in the taxi pick-up lanes along with sedan taxis and all have the same meters. 

7 hours ago, skynight said:

Nothing against Lyft/Uber. Have been to FLL many many times. The two of us never had a per bag issue in FLL. No taxi driver ever tried to overcharge us. Believe, don't know for sure, that if you have a larger group there may be extra charges which I think are set rates.

There's a sign posted by the taxi queue about the bag charges.  We were definitely charged the time before last that we were in FLL.