for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Good morning😃.....well, I fly out Tuesday morning. I am going to start putting clothing together today and I have already taken multiple things and put them out on the bed in one of the spare bedrooms.  Think I will start going over that again.  I know right now the weather in Greece is HOT.........I was cleaning out a hamper I have and found a really cute dress/cover up LOL......it is very casual......purple, thank style, cotton.  I am going to see if I can find a picture..........I think I got it years ago at Stein Mart. 

Anyway,  will begin the process of getting the stuff together.......after 18 months..........trying to figure out things is a bit different LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Lois, I wear hats due to numerous skin cancers. I’ve found a SPF50 Solar Escape hat works well for me, not too hot but tightly woven. Lots of the Aussie-made hats are SPF 50. Look for the SPF label, it’s normally quite prominent

Have a great trip!!  Melody

Hi Melody,🙂 we were typing at the same time........I am not getting a 3rd hat.......happy with this new one I just got at Urban Outfitters. I don't think there was that label on it.  I will wear it when I am outside and that is a stretch for me. 

Just now, Lois R said:

Hi Melody,🙂 we were typing at the same time........I am not getting a 3rd hat.......happy with this new one I just got at Urban Outfitters. I don't think there was that label on it.  I will wear it when I am outside and that is a stretch for me. 

The best hat is the one you’ll wear!

• Like 2

Happy Friday everyone, & happy 4th of july weekend!  

Lois, I'm so excited for you!   Happy packing & isn't it fun finding clothing that you forgot you own?    

Melody, since you mentioned hats, I'm a hat addict 🙂  I honestly wear one every single day,  trying to avoid sun aging & the dreaded C.  I went looking online for a hat for Lois, & ended up buying another one for myself lol 😉

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DFVLKVS?psc=1&smid=A318854CRUQP30&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

Are any of the U.S. based ladies  doing something fun for the 4th ?   Our kids are camping at Newport Dunes this weekend so we'll visit for the day, should be a fun day of paddle boarding, games & a big fireworks show 🙂

• Like 1

Hi Debbie,🙂 I could not order anything on line because it would not get here on time.  I will find a photo of the one I bought at Urban Outfitters.........here it is......and the rim is flexible.....it looks cute on me.....(surprisingly). Oh shoot.....not sure why the photo doesn't show up!

UO Mae Straw Bucket Hat

Lets try this again...........ok...these are photos from the Urban Outfitters website.

If you want a bigger photo you can find it on there....look under hats and click on the purple color......

And I have no plans for Sunday.......probably packing. 

UO Mae Straw Bucket Hat #1

UO Mae Straw Bucket Hat

• Like 1

Lois, cute hat!  & it looks very packable....  I'm sure you'll be happy to have that in the bright sun!   I also seem to remember that they had cute hats for sale in Greece when we were there years ago  🙂

Well, back to work..

Lois - I forgot to ask this the other day:  Were you able to go to the Chicago Art Institute and see the portraits of the Obamas?  

Today was the town "Independence Day" parade.  Not very well attended.  The Council supposedly moved it to today in order to keep it more local and not get the thousands up from Salt Lake.  Well, the Council forgot to tell employers around here - so many couldn't get the day off...  Oh well.  

I "bought" another pair of Blenders sunglasses today,  the "Aspen Rose."  It's the 4th of that line that I have now.  I had enough Blender points that I got them and a case for free!  Couldn't beat that.  It's kind of fun to be able to pick a pair to wear based on how I feel and what I'm wearing.  I took 4 different pair on my trip!  

OOTD:  another hot one.  Just one of my Athleta tank tops and running shorts.   IF I go out, I'll be wearing my Blenders "Psycho Cat" sunglasses 😼

• Like 2

Hi Kat, yes.....we went to the Institute........yes, we saw the portraits..........🙂

And we had a long tour inside the entire place.....it is a full Art Museum. Then we walked over to Millennium Park.

45 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, yes.....we went to the Institute........yes, we saw the portraits..........🙂

And we had a long tour inside the entire place.....it is a full Art Museum. Then we walked over to Millennium Park.

Cool!!!  

I may have to go back to Chicago for a "weekday weekend" this summer.  My only time was years ago when my now-ex traded one game of our Utah Jazz/Chicago Bulls NBA Finals for one game from a co-worker of his.  We did pack a whole lot into that 2 nights/2 days, though.  Architectual boat cruise, got tickets to a Cubs game from a guy standing outside the stadium (a reasonable price, not scalped) and a famous hot dog, going up then-Sears Tower, Design Center, Navy Pier, Michigan Avenue, Chicago Pizza  the game (although Jazz lost by the most ever in a Finals game), Eddie Vedder sang the Anthem. We had an o'dark thirty departure, so no 3rd day.  

CNN just had a little blurb on how crowded our National Parks are so far this summer, highlighting Arches NP and the town there, Moab.  People getting turned away at 7:30am.  People moving because they can't afford it anymore, so businesses losing their low-wage employees and can't fill the slots.  The McDonalds there advertising for help and offering $18/hr.    Having gone through there and spent the night, it is all true.  It was one massive traffic jam of cars and people.   Choose your vacation location wisely!!

• Like 2

Lois, cute bucket hat!  that’ll be perfect

Debbie, I just ordered that straw with lanyard strap. Exactly what I’ve been looking for. I wanted a white straw & all I could find were neutral beige (lousy color for me). That’ll be perfect for my October Western Caribbean cruise. I made the final payment so fingers crossed!!!  Melody

• Like 1

5 hours ago, awhfy said:

Lois, cute bucket hat!  that’ll be perfect

Debbie, I just ordered that straw with lanyard strap. Exactly what I’ve been looking for. I wanted a white straw & all I could find were neutral beige (lousy color for me). That’ll be perfect for my October Western Caribbean cruise. I made the final payment so fingers crossed!!!  Melody

Hi Melody,  I'm glad you liked it!  I'm hoping mine arrives today, none of my cuter hats have chin straps, so this is perfect for windy days..  I have a beige straw hat from costco, but the brim is straight, so doesn't give good sun coverage for the face, I think this one will give really good coverage 🙂

& congrats on your final payment for upcoming cruise!  It feels so good to be planning things & actually buying clothing meant to be seen in public again lol 😉

The hair salon I go to (just got another haircut) has a little clothing boutique, & I got a very cute cream colored off the shoulder shirt, sort of like a very thin sweater... will be perfect with jeans for our Alaska cruise... Can't believe how far we've all come, taking on topic about clothing for cruises & travel !

• Like 1

@slidergirl Hi Kat, I follow the National Parks system on social media, & it's crazy how crowded they are... would you believe that even though I live in CA I've never been to Yosemite?  I'm thinking someday in the future I'd love to buy a little camping trailer & visit all the national parks in Autumn, when hopefully there are less crowds 🙂

4 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

@slidergirl Hi Kat, I follow the National Parks system on social media, & it's crazy how crowded they are... would you believe that even though I live in CA I've never been to Yosemite?  I'm thinking someday in the future I'd love to buy a little camping trailer & visit all the national parks in Autumn, when hopefully there are less crowds 🙂

Sometimes the closest attractions are the ones we never get to.  

I did Zion, Canyonlands, and Arches in the beginning of November 2 years ago.  Started planning this one months in advance, like in April.  NO campsites available in Arches/Canyonlands and I got the last available spot in Zion on the reservations website.   Now, I'm trying to figure out something for this coming fall and I'm already having issues in any of the parks, state or national, that I look at, are already full!  There are a few in Yellowstone, but not necessarily the campground I'd want.  Sigh.  My driving range for 1 day is about 6 hours, 4 when it's Fall and it gets dark sooner.   For the CA parks, I'd have to have a spot to stop overnight.  Otherwise, Kings Canyon NP and Redwood NP would be fun again.

HOT,  got up to 88 today,  will stay the same or hotter until next Sunday.  Ugh.  OOTD:  my sleeveless tie dye onesie with the legs rolled up to capri length.  I forgot how comfy it is.  I wore my old tennis shoes when I went to the pharmacy.  Hair is just in a ponytail to keep it off my neck.  

• Like 2

Hi girls,🙂 hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend.

I still haven't started to pack yet but I did pull out the luggage. And I decided after all these months.......I got a new pair of shorts and top for embarkation day. I went to Chico's and got a cute pair of blue ones, they are a linen blend and linen blend top that is an off white with navy stripes. From what I have been told it is VERY hot in Athens now and so this should be good for sail day😃....I have also been checking weather.com and it shows mid 90s every day for the next 10 days at least.  

I may start to pack this afternoon but for sure it will get done tomorrow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Happy Fourth of July everyone!

image.png.26e3550f8caf0a76b2b34f8cb0586787.png

I'm in Florida with family, so I don't have time to really catch up but wanted to wish everyone a fun and safe holiday -- don't overheat and don't over-eat!

I'm so happy you made it over to FL to be with family!!

• Like 1

Lois, safe travels tomorrow. 

I think everyone saved up their stimulus money & bought fireworks. We went to a hilly clearing last night & had fabulous seats for an amazing show. I take crummy pictures.   We were glad that we had an inch of rain yesterday afternoon. The last picture was taken from our yard. Melody 

B8E6155E-0BE6-4DEB-A84D-F91528E908C9.jpeg

26BF603A-7853-4688-937E-DED1B461F4BB.jpeg

BD3C476B-B04B-41FD-9D5D-9AD1E6B2EE20.jpeg

• Like 1

Good morning, thanks Melody🙂.  I am almost done packing.  Just those few last minute items.....toiletries, etc.....but the clothing is done.

Cynthia,  hoping you are having a good visit with the family and that all is well.

Melody, I was watching the fireworks on TV....they had places all over the country....from DC to NYC to Nashville all the way out to California........

• Like 1

Melody - I can't believe you all still had fireworks.  All of it was banned this year up here.  And, I heard no fireworks from the "I'm an exception" folks.  It was kind of nice.  

Lois - I watched those fireworks on that same network.  The music was way cool, too.   The Air Force Band doing "Gonna Fly Now" for Philadelphia was extraordinary - it brought chills.  REO Speedwagon was another blast from the past.  

Lois - have a memorable and safe vacation and cruise!!!  

• Like 1

Hi Kat, thanks so much🙂.........sadly in Philly, although they had great music and fireworks too,

they had  the same group marching in downtown Philly that was in Charlottesville back in 2017☹️

40 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, thanks so much🙂.........sadly in Philly, although they had great music and fireworks too,

they had  the same group marching in downtown Philly that was in Charlottesville back in 2017☹️

Yes, they did.  Sigh.  

My hamster wheel in my brain has started to spin - Andrea Bocelli in Italy.  If no Teatro di Silenzia in Lajatigo in 2022-3 maybe the Terme di Caracalla in Rome in 2022.  Cynthia - which hotel was your favorite: Albergo del Senato, Albergo Santa Chiara or Hotel Cesare?    

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

Happy Monday everyone!  We had a fantastic 4th, Newport Dunes for the day, with the kids & grandkids, we did paddleboarding & these insane giant floating obastacle courses, so much fun, then at night, fireworks that lit up the entire bay 🙂 very different from last 4th 🙂   

Melody, yikes, with the drought, your neighbors are crazy...but the photos are pretty 🙂 glad nothing sparked a fire!

Cynthia, congrats on finally getting to visit your family, hope it's a wonderful visit!

& Lois, woo hoo on your upcoming trip!   Your new embarking outfit sounds super cute, I can't believe how far we've all come, with international travel available 🙂  wishing you a safe, happy, & fulfilling journey!  Can't wait to hear all about it & a very big Bon Voyage!!

• Like 2