for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

27 minutes ago, mafig said:

I haven't traveled at all since Covid started, so my question might seem dumb.

However, does your flight to Greece require passengers to be vaccinated?  Or your hotel (assuming you are staying in one in Greece).  

Hi🙂 not a dumb question at all. It is all a changing world.......the flight? As long as you have proof of vaccination, no test is needed.  Greece has implemented new policies that are allowing vaccinated visitors with proof........you fill out a form online and need that form to enter the country.

I do not know if the airlines are requiring everyone to be vaccinated.....I think it is set up to have a negative test if no proof of vaccination. I know a mask is required and a test within a certain amount of hours of your flight.  No test needed for me since I am vaxxed up.  And I am flying Business Class so that will make things much better too!

As for the hotel?  Yes, I am staying at The Intercontinental......I don't believe they are requiring guests to have been vaccinated but I have to bring my vax card with me and will wear a mask. They do have new protocols in place (from what I have read on their website). 

• Like 2

Hi everyone & happy Monday!  Lois I read the thread about royal reversing vaccine requirement, & since I'm an idiot, I posted there too, there's been tons of requirements for travel ever since I can remember, so it's odd that people look at this differently somehow....

Cynthia, thanks for your good wishes regarding the flip house... it is so much work lol, & I keep saying I'm too old for this lol,   if I'm not at work, I'm working at that house,  we are making good progress though!  fingers crossed lol 😉

On 6/5/2021 at 8:22 AM, awhfy said:

I’d love to have the pattern for the hand warmers. My friend in Maine has horrible arthritis. 

It's a Kwik Sew, #4318. I'm going to work on it soon as I want the back/shoulder one for meeeeee! Nursing is tough work.

• Like 1

Hi girls......well, remember all the stuff we have been through together and now I am having another health issue (or so it seems).  Over the weekend I got a stomach ache--kind of...not really queasy but more in the sternum area...pain would come and go........and since that has now happened for multiple days I thought it would be safer to call my GI Doc.  Not sure if you recall, but last fall I had a bleeding ulcer......now, I don't know the details of what is happening inside me right now but I did see the Dr this morning and he wants to do an Endoscopy so Thursday morning I am having it done.  I like this guy very much.....he has a very calm, type B personality.  

He put me back on something called Famotidine (it is like Pepcid but stronger...prescription) and will be taking that again twice a day. It is supposed to help prevent acid from forming around the stomach area.

I also told him about the cruise to Greece......he thinks I should be able to go ahead.  I told him I have been fully vaxxed and Greece is open.  He just said, "long flight to keep a mask on"......I said I know. LOL

Anyway, keep a good thought for me.........I was so hoping nothing like that last time would happen again. At least this time I have not thrown up any blood (that is always a good thing).  And he said we don't want that to happen again either.

I will let you all know how things go........

Thanks for being here.🙂

• Like 3

Hi Lois,  sending good thoughts & cyber hugs your way.. XXXX,  hoping that the acid blockers do their job 🙂  after everything you went through last year, this sucks, but hopefully it's been caught in time & can be managed (on top of everything else you are managing)   XXXX

-Debbie

Hi Debbie, thank you so much🙂

Oh....I did forget something else.........you remember a few months ago I got a new bed.......the longer I have it, the less happy I am with it☹️....if you can believe that..........it has 120 warranty and so I am going back to the Mattress store.  I LOVE the fact of the adjustable base BUT......I have been waking up and both sides....basically the hip area......are sore on multiple occassions........it is not a good feeling and I don't think it is me.......I think it is the bed.  I am going to see what they say........I thought the Sealy would be a great choice😲

• Like 1

Lois, my positive thoughts are heading up I95 to you, sounds like you are catching this early before you can get into trouble.  I hope everything goes well for you Thursday!

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317

Hi Sherri, thanks so much🙂

Well, I went to the Mattress store today and a new one is on order.......I am going from a Sealy to a Serta.

• Like 1

Lois, I hope the new mattress works for you, finding a comfy one is tough!  Sometime in the next year we need to get new ones, I want to get an adjustable one especially for DH, right now, we have the head of his bed lifted with beach towels under the mattress lol, not very classy 🤣

Hey Debbie, I love the adjustable part.  But something is very funky......some mornings I get up and am AOK.....but other mornings........like today......omg..........I almost started to cry. Both hip areas were hurting and I don't think I need hip replacements!  I think it is the bed.

I am trying the Serta Medium Memory Foam........years ago I tried a Memory Foam and didn't like it but this one felt pretty good in the store.......lets hope for a good sleep without hip pain. It won't be delivered until after I get back from Greece. So lets hope I can get through the next month.

@Lois R  Good luck with your appointment -- I hope there is no serious issue and that you are AOK for your upcoming trip.

I guess it is just as well that I still haven't gone mattress shopping yet. I had written down the one you got, but now I will start from scratch. I don't know why I keep putting it off, but experiences like yours make me worry. There are soooo many brands and types (and levels of quality). I really love the style I have, although it needs replacement. I just worry that whatever I pick won't live up to how perfect this one has been!

@Lois R Sorry to hear you are having more health issues come up. I hope it is all resolved quickly and easily. With regards to your hip pain, have you tried sleeping with a pillow between your knees/legs? Look it up...sometimes that can really help. It can take a bit of experimentation to find the right size and firmness...we generally start with a couch throw pillow and go from there...just to help get through the month...

• Like 1

Hi Anita, thanks for the suggestion........I will try but not sure how I will do......it sounds very uncomfortable to have sleep with a pillow between my legs😮....maybe it is just me?

52 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Anita, thanks for the suggestion........I will try but not sure how I will do......it sounds very uncomfortable to have sleep with a pillow between my legs😮....maybe it is just me?

Lois,  I hope your endoscopy will  go well.

I had four years ago a hip replacement.  When I was in hospital they stressed to keep a pillow between my knees.  I kept on doing it when I got home.  At first I thought I never could get used to it but now I can’t be without it.  It makes a difference for hip and back.

Thank you everyone🙂......this is just so funky........I don't recall in the first month of the new bed anything like this happening.......If the next bed is not better? Not sure what I am going to do😲.....guess I will just have to wait and see. Stressing over it won't change anything at this point.

Cynthia, yes.......sorry about that..........but remember every bed is different. Maybe it would work for you.

@Lois R keeping good thoughts for you that everything goes smoothly!    You may want to mention new hip pains to Dr.,   I'm no Dr., but can't help but wonder if it's something they would want to know about...

Hoping that next week you will be back to planning your awesome cruise in Greece 🙂

-Debbie

Hi girls,🙂 I am already back home. The procedure went well. I do have an ulcer.....thankfully it is not bleeding. He is putting me back on the meds I had been taking and is sending what he saw to the lab.

From what he told me, ulcers can be caused by 2 main things...........medications that are in the "anti-inflammetory" category....Ibruprophen products (Which I don't take) and bacteria that can grow.......that is why he sending it out to the lab to see if I have some sort of bacteria.  

The meds are a prescription called Famotidine and that should help prevent acid from building up. 

I am in no pain (thankful for that too).  He wants to see me in 3 weeks and should have the test results.

And Debbie, I forgot to ask about the hip thing.......actually, I had no pain last night. 

So, I am seeing him on July 1st and hoping he doesn't tell me at that point that I cannot go to Greece.

He knows the trip is on July 6th.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls,🙂 I am already back home. The procedure went well. I do have an ulcer.....thankfully it is not bleeding. He is putting me back on the meds I had been taking and is sending what he saw to the lab.

From what he told me, ulcers can be caused by 2 main things...........medications that are in the "anti-inflammetory" category....Ibruprophen products (Which I don't take) and bacteria that can grow.......that is why he sending it out to the lab to see if I have some sort of bacteria.  

The meds are a prescription called Famotidine and that should help prevent acid from building up. 

I am in no pain (thankful for that too).  He wants to see me in 3 weeks and should have the test results.

And Debbie, I forgot to ask about the hip thing.......actually, I had no pain last night. 

So, I am seeing him on July 1st and hoping he doesn't tell me at that point that I cannot go to Greece.

He knows the trip is on July 6th.

Hi Lois, glad to hear procedure went well and that you have caught this early.  Will you still go on your Chicago trip?

Sherri🙂

Hi ya'll.......Melody, I forgot you are in Maine.......and I forgot to wish you a safe trip........so hope the flight went smoothly and you are having a good time.🙂

• Like 2