for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

14 hours ago, slidergirl said:

A week to go and the girls (well 4 of us) are FINALLY talking about our get-together.   I see charcuterie and wine in our future...

Have any of you tried the "famous" Tomato Feta Pasta??  I was bored and decided to try it.  Dang.  It's sooo easy.  And it is pretty tasty.  I could even see making it with butternut squash "noodles" instead of th pasta.  It was 40 minutes from start to finish.  I'll keep this one on my list of things to make.

Nothing else today.  Trying to decide what clothes to pack.  Ugh.  

Hi Kat, I must be out of the loop......I have never even heard of this "Famous Pasta".  And Feta cheese is usually pretty salty so not sure how I would like it anyway. I mean,  I like it on a salad but not sure about in a pasta.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, I must be out of the loop......I have never even heard of this "Famous Pasta".  And Feta cheese is usually pretty salty so not sure how I would like it anyway. I mean,  I like it on a salad but not sure about in a pasta.

It was a "big thing" passed around social media during quarantine.  You can do a search on it and multiples will show up.  I'm not a salter, except for my pasta water.  It really was not salty tasting at all.   Maybe the melting of the feta and the tomatoes needing flavor (tomatoes by themselves are pretty bland) takes care of that.  I could have eaten the entire casserole!   Sherri - I used a lot of basil in it, the whole little package  - I'm not a fan of spinach.   Happy to know it worked with spaghetti squash.   I bet it would be a good "sauce" to put over chicken, too.  

I still have many places up here that require masks, probably more that do than don't.  And, everyone wears a mask in the Whole Foods even though they don't require anymore.  With a low vax rate among our rural folks, I have no issue trying to display good public health behavior.  The only makeup I do is my brows and eyeliner, I did it anyway. I've got my appointment with my hair stylist tomorrow and we'll be masked up.  She's very immunocompromised (if that's a word), so masking has actually made her life easier.   I'll be taking my masks with me on my roadtrip.

Today I'm going to drag out some of my "summer" stuff that I haven't worn in 2 years to see what fits to pack.  I'm hoping at least one pair of shorts will work.  That's all I need.  That 5 lbs I haven't lost yet from my COVID-19 can make the difference between fitting and a smidge too tight!!!

• Like 1

Hi, thanks for the information. I will check it out.

Well, another day---another shooting☹️......I know we have gals on here in California....do we have anyone in the Bay area? 8 dead in San Jose at a local transportation facility. The shooter was killed too. 

And now they are saying there are still explosives around some of the buildings😲

9 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I still have many places up here that require masks, probably more that do than don't.

My city still has a mask mandate also. Wore mine to CVS and Publix yesterday. It was my first visit inside Publix in about 14 months!  I went mainly to get some things for my son's birthday today. 🎂🎉

On 5/23/2021 at 6:48 PM, cruisemom42 said:

That would startle me!

Once DS and I were having dinner in a local restaurant where we were seated at a table that was one of a row of tables in the center of the room, with booths all around us. After we ordered our food but were still waiting for it to arrive, we noticed that two of the servers kept walking in a sort of nervous circle around the room, between the tables and the booths. We couldn't figure out what was going on with them -- it was really distracting. We finally asked when our food came out -- what is going on?  The server said they were trying to get their steps in for the day!?!??

My husband, being the weirdo that he is, sets a timer on his phone to remind him to get up every hours and get 250 steps.  Drives me crazy walking laps and shuffling around wherever I am.

I am still masking in stores. I can't tell who is or isn't vaccinated and don't want to risk anything with my chronic lung disease. It was startling seeing faces. On the other hand, we don't have to wear them at the rink anymore, so I skated naked (faced).

OOTH: RBX tights and Athleta tank with my skates while skating naked, then switched shorts when I got home. 

• Like 1

I was a baaaaad girl today...

I wanted to get a more powerful power bank and a solar charger for camping.  Went to REI and they are having their Anniversary Sale.  20% off the highest priced item, so it was a good time to spend for the power bank.  Unfortunately, me in REI is like a kid in a candy store!  I did want to pick up a few more packs of my favorite camping coffee, so  got them.  I needed some more little twist ties to attach my lights to my tent - got them.  Sale on socks, picked up 2 more pair of Wright Socks.  25% off Mountain Hardware clothes, so bought a cool tie-dye SPF hoodie.  25% off some Patagonia yoga pants, so I bought a pair of black crops (which surprisingly I did not have a pair of already).   There was a nice Patagonia vest that caught my eye, so i bought it.   There was so much more stuff that I would love to have for my camping, but I said "no."  After tallying up everything, it was a bit of a "Holy Cr*p" moment.  Let's say I'm not buying a new carry on now...  

Then I went to Trader Joe's to buy food for my trip.  Nuts, cheeses, meats, crackers, those soups, and some of the Spindrift water flavors that I've only seen there.  And, I picked up some extra crackers and cheese to take to the girls for our charcuterie platters.  A minor "Holy Cr*p" moment, but it's for 2 weeks of food.  

I masked up both places.  

I did have my hair stylist visit today, too.  We were the only 2 in there today, so we went naked-face.  We got rid of the skunk stripe and put in a bunch of Melot red highlights. 

OOTD: Vuori leggings (navy blue flower print) and light gray Athleta Organic Tshirt.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Kat, Costco carries the Spindrift waters, I haven’t tried it, is it really good?

I like it far better than LaCroix.  It isn't as fizzy.  And, it uses actual juice to flavor it.  No sugar.  Some have a few calories - the Orange/Mango has 10, but it's soooo good tasting.  I always have these in my fridge: Lemon, Lime, Orange/Mango, Grapefruit.  I bought some Pineapple the other day - I'm on the fence on it, maybe if I add some coconut milk and rum.  there is also a Tea/Lemon one that is nice.  It's not like an Arnold Palmer, but a glass of black tea with lemon juice.  Again, no sugar.  

Nasty night.  Couldn't get to sleep until at least 3am, then woke up at 6am. Tried to doze a little more, but gave up at 7.  Ugh.   If I need to nap, I will.  I've had this weirdness for the past 2 weeks, but not to this extent.  

OOTD:  I couldn't help it - wearing the Patagonia capri leggings and the Mountain Hardware hoodie I bought yesterday.  I'll just wash them tomorrow so they'll be all clean for the trip.  Couldn't pass it up!  The leggings ended up $46 and the hoodie $45 so it was a good deal.  The hoodie is a very lightweight material (kind of like a Speedo suit), so it's great in hot weather.  

• Like 1

Hi girls, it is summer here😮.....this week we are in the 90s.........every day.

I am in a fushia colored top......short sleeves, and a pair of jean shorts. 

Kat, sounds like I’d like the Spindrift, I’ll pick some up. The LaCroix is too fizzy for me. 

looks like Memorial Day weekend is going to be wet in a lot of areas (East Coast definitely). We always need rain, just wish it was during week instead of weekend. 

I’ll be in a tshirt & capris for weeding with my huge hat

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat, sounds like I’d like the Spindrift, I’ll pick some up. The LaCroix is too fizzy for me. 

looks like Memorial Day weekend is going to be wet in a lot of areas (East Coast definitely). We always need rain, just wish it was during week instead of weekend. 

I’ll be in a tshirt & capris for weeding with my huge hat

Drinking a Spindrift Grapefruit...

If LaCroix is too fizzy, I wouldn't try Waterloo, either.  I like the black cherry, but it's really fizzy - I didn't like any of their other flavors.

Big day for me today.  Finish up my packing - what little things do I want to take, hard-goods wise.  Do the laundry.  Do the dishes.  Hit the liquor store for my wine.  Be sure that all my rechargables and solars are charged up. I'll do the grocery store tomorrow and then buy my ice on Monday on the way out of town.  

OOTD:  old Tshirt from 2002 Winter Olympics and a pair of joggers that I'm not taking with me.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 2

Happy Saturday girls🙂....Memorial Day is just another day for me. I will be in shorts and t shirt. It is supposed to hot and humid.

I have some fun news to tell everyone and it is about a cruise😃.  There are a few places in the world I have always wanted to visit. I am sure that applies to most of us.  Well, on the Bucket list is going Down Under. I have wanted to visit Australia since...........well, long before it ever became "the place to visit".

Looks like I will now have the opportunity and booked a cruise for January 2023😃. It is 2 years away but it is more $$$ than I normally spend so it will give me time to pay it off. 15 nights starting in Auckland ending in Sydney. I will probably have a couple of nights on both sides so should be away nearly 3 weeks.  I put a deposit down and still deciding but I think I will do it.

I have multiple cruises booked for this year and 1 next (so far) will see how things progress but it looks like things are really getting back to normal👍...my cruise to Greece is in 40 days! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Happy Saturday girls🙂....Memorial Day is just another day for me. I will be in shorts and t shirt. It is supposed to hot and humid.

I have some fun news to tell everyone and it is about a cruise😃.  There are a few places in the world I have always wanted to visit. I am sure that applies to most of us.  Well, on the Bucket list is going Down Under. I have wanted to visit Australia since...........well, long before it ever became "the place to visit".

Looks like I will now have the opportunity and booked a cruise for January 2023😃. It is 2 years away but it is more $$$ than I normally spend so it will give me time to pay it off. 15 nights starting in Auckland ending in Sydney. I will probably have a couple of nights on both sides so should be away nearly 3 weeks.  I put a deposit down and still deciding but I think I will do it.

I have multiple cruises booked for this year and 1 next (so far) will see how things progress but it looks like things are really getting back to normal👍...my cruise to Greece is in 40 days! 

Lois, you will love Australia and New Zealand, both are beautiful countries.  Sydney is one of my favorite cities, very walkable but they also have a ferry system to take you around the Harbour area.  The Opera house is amazing.  We cruised from Sydney to Hawaii several years ago and spent 3 days prior to the cruise exploring Sydney.  Had a great time! 

What ports will you be visiting?  I am very excited for you!

Sherti🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Lois, you will love Australia and New Zealand, both are beautiful countries.  Sydney is one of my favorite cities, very walkable but they also have a ferry system to take you around the Harbour area.  The Opera house is amazing.  We cruised from Sydney to Hawaii several years ago and spent 3 days prior to the cruise exploring Sydney.  Had a great time! 

What ports will you be visiting?  I am very excited for you!

Sherti🙂

Hi Sherri, good morning......it is definitely a place I have always wanted to visit.

You asked about the itinerary. It is 15 nights sails from Auckland and ends in Sydney......stops

in:

Tauranga

Picton

Wellington

Akaroa

Dunedin

Cruising Milford Sound

Hobart, Tasmania

Eden 

Melbourne

And there are a few sea days in there........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri, good morning......it is definitely a place I have always wanted to visit.

You asked about the itinerary. It is 15 nights sails from Auckland and ends in Sydney......stops

in:

Tauranga

Picton

Wellington

Akaroa

Dunedin

Cruising Milford Sound

Hobart, Tasmania

Eden 

Melbourne

And there are a few sea days in there........

That will be an amazing cruise!  We did a wine tour in Picton, the wineries were very nice but I was totally enthralled with the countryside, absolutely beautiful!  And Tasmania has always been on my “bucket list”, maybe one of these days!  

Our son lives in Melbourne, I think you will find a lot to do there.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Sounds like a great cruise Lois, what cruiseline?

Kat, if you’re coming to CSprings make sure you pack some rain gear. We’ve been dumped on this weekend

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Lois -- I am so happy that you are finally able to start enjoying your retirement with fun trips like the ones you have planned. 

Australia/NZ is one that I am putting off until I retire -- the travel time is long to get there and back and I want to make sure I have enough time to do it justice if I'm going all that way. 

• Like 2

Hi Cynthia, thank you so much🙂.....I hope everything goes as planned.  And I plan on going at least a couple of days early and staying a bit post cruise too.  It is definitely a LONG trip.

Actually, I can't believe my Greece cruise is really coming up........39 days..........sometimes I shake my head and say, REALLY?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, awhfy said:

Sounds like a great cruise Lois, what cruiseline?

Kat, if you’re coming to CSprings make sure you pack some rain gear. We’ve been dumped on this weekend  

I always have my rain stuff in the car!  I think we're in CS next Saturday/Sunday or Sunday/Monday.  I'm dodging the Tstorms tomorrow - decided to wait a day, especially when it said possible golfball-size hail in the afternoon!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Australia/NZ is one that I am putting off until I retire -- the travel time is long to get there and back and I want to make sure I have enough time to do it justice if I'm going all that way. 

I have two retirement cruises I want to do--at least two weeks in the Med, and Australia to the West Coast, or maybe Hawaii. I want to explore both for a couple of weeks, then cruise home.  

It was in the 90s mid week and I think it made it to 70 today. Drastic change. Hubby built  fire in the chiminea (?) and we sat out most of the day.

Our 10th anniversary is next month, so I braved the mall and went dress shopping. The choices are pretty abysmal unless you want a sheath, trapeze, or ruffled layers. I went to every store including those I usually don't (H&M, Lilly Pulitzer) and nothing. None of the shapes work for me--I look best in A-line or princess seaming. I found a couple I liked, but they looked *horrible* on. I ended up with a sporty-looking Tommy Hilfiger. I saw a tie-dye look that I liked at Gap, but not in my size, so I looked it up online. They had it and I ordered it. I hope it gets here in time and looks decent.

I was unsettled by how many unmasked people will get all up in your personal space. I was masked (I'm vaccinated, but have chronic lung disease), but OMG, don't hang your unmasked face over my shoulder. I think--for the time being--that I will continue to do my running around mid-week.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I always have my rain stuff in the car!  I think we're in CS next Saturday/Sunday or Sunday/Monday.  I'm dodging the Tstorms tomorrow - decided to wait a day, especially when it said possible golfball-size hail in the afternoon!!!

That’s what we had Saturday, Sunday & expect again today. You’ll likely have afternoon thunderstorms every day, the hail not so much. Darn, wish I could’ve seen you. I leave next weekend for Maine. Melody

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

I have two retirement cruises I want to do--at least two weeks in the Med, and Australia to the West Coast, or maybe Hawaii. I want to explore both for a couple of weeks, then cruise home.  

It was in the 90s mid week and I think it made it to 70 today. Drastic change. Hubby built  fire in the chiminea (?) and we sat out most of the day.

Our 10th anniversary is next month, so I braved the mall and went dress shopping. The choices are pretty abysmal unless you want a sheath, trapeze, or ruffled layers. I went to every store including those I usually don't (H&M, Lilly Pulitzer) and nothing. None of the shapes work for me--I look best in A-line or princess seaming. I found a couple I liked, but they looked *horrible* on. I ended up with a sporty-looking Tommy Hilfiger. I saw a tie-dye look that I liked at Gap, but not in my size, so I looked it up online. They had it and I ordered it. I hope it gets here in time and looks decent.

I was unsettled by how many unmasked people will get all up in your personal space. I was masked (I'm vaccinated, but have chronic lung disease), but OMG, don't hang your unmasked face over my shoulder. I think--for the time being--that I will continue to do my running around mid-week.

Try Chicos Off the Rack or Chicos for dresses, they (especially OTR) has a great selection on dresses & on a good sale today. Melody

• Like 2