for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Thanks!   Sometimes brew pubs have a food selection that can satisfy everyone, so I like to have one in my pocket when we start discussing where to eat.    My next dilemma is what to pack for the girls' trip part of my trip!  Camping attire is easy - I can even wear the same thing multiple times.  But, I guess I need to do some "city" clothes, too.  I'm going to pack 2 little bags - one for camping stuff and 1 for city stuff.   I pulled out my one pair of jeans and they do fit, so maybe I can get away with a couple of shirts to go with them for nights in the city.  I have my overalls too.  They were cute enough to wear to work, so they should be good enough to wear in the city.   Oh this should be fun!

Have you even eaten in Alamosa?  

sorry ladies for the hijack.  

OOTD:  my Athleta Farralon camo shorts (a bit big in the legs, but I tie the waist down enough tht they stay up) and a Tshirt.  

True Grit Steakhouse in Alamosa. Best Margarita ever!  San Luis potatoes (huge), great steaks. Yes, it’s all John Wayne memorabilia. Anything goes for clothing in Colorado Springs

• Like 2

On 5/11/2021 at 10:26 AM, Lois R said:

Hi girls, Melody, beautiful🙂

I had my mind set on those new shoes........one of those things I just wanted. I have a pair of "Earth Origins"  they are fisherman's sandals......here is a picture of the one's I own.

Mine are pretty worn out.....I wear them every morning to walk.  I just found them at Famous Footwear!  I decided to get them in Navy and will be bringing them on my cruise to Greece.  Normally I am not this fixed on shoes but oh well, I am happy now😀  They are really comfortable.

Women's Earth Origins, Taye Slip-on | Peltz Shoes

I like the look of these but....they didn't have my size in stock at my local FF -- rather than ordering & having to return them I went in today & tried on my size but in blue.  Glad I did 'cause I didn't really like the color of the brown.  Ordered a pair of gray ones----can't beat free shipping.

17 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

I like the look of these but....they didn't have my size in stock at my local FF -- rather than ordering & having to return them I went in today & tried on my size but in blue.  Glad I did 'cause I didn't really like the color of the brown.  Ordered a pair of gray ones----can't beat free shipping.

Hi, hope you like them as much as I do😃👍

• Like 1

Hi Ladies!  doing my 10 second pop in lol ;)  

Kat the trip you are planning sounds like FUN!  (except the camping part for me, lol )

Lois, I really like those shoes & they will be perfect for your trip!

I booked my birthday trip to San Diego yesterday!  So excited, I will take the train down & meet up with Steve as he'll be doing a two day fishing trip ahead... (this is for the beginning of July)    the mask mandate ends here on June 15th...  & everything gets to open back up then, so it should be a nice, normalish trip :)

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 6:22 PM, Lois R said:

Hey Debbie, there were issues on here for a long while this afternoon. Seems to have been fixed now🙂

Hi Lois, this is the first time I've been able to post since yesterday's little post, I was able to do the heart thing on your comment, but couldn't post, happy to see it's working now :)

How's everyone?  We have a nice sunny but HOT weekend here, and the outdoor bugs are starting to reach summer levels. Translation: not much fun to be outside unless near a pool!

Did my final "cleanout" at work on Thursday. From what we hear, they may start having people go back in to work soon -- but only at a 10% capacity. Where I work they are not mandating vaccination (except for some "essential" worker roles) but that means they are also retaining masking and distancing for now. I don't foresee anything approaching normality until after Labor Day.

Starting to think about a trip to visit family around 4th of July. Other than that I currently have nothing scheduled until late November. Will my Algeria trip be a go?  Stay tuned....  I at least feel semi-confident and am starting to do my pre-trip "research". 🧐

• Like 2

Hi girls, yesterday I went out to lunch with 2 friends I had not seen in a long time......we went to Outback.  It was pretty good. I haven't been there in quite a while.  While we were sitting, chatting,

the waitress walked by and then all of a sudden, we heard a THUMP.........she fell on the floor😲.....she wasn't carrying any food but it was quite scary........thankfully she did not hit her head but rather her elbows.........what a weird thing it was........she slipped actually.

Looks like you folks in CA are getting ready to open all back up! Sharon and Debbie, I imagine you are waiting for that 😃.....I saw a story on the news that they are trying to get more folks vaxed and are going to be giving away Hamilton Tickets, Laker's Tickets, etc........hoping it will bring more people out for their shots.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Lois R said:

the waitress walked by and then all of a sudden, we heard a THUMP.........she fell on the floor😲.....she wasn't carrying any food but it was quite scary........thankfully she did not hit her head but rather her elbows.........what a weird thing it was........she slipped actually.

That would startle me!

Once DS and I were having dinner in a local restaurant where we were seated at a table that was one of a row of tables in the center of the room, with booths all around us. After we ordered our food but were still waiting for it to arrive, we noticed that two of the servers kept walking in a sort of nervous circle around the room, between the tables and the booths. We couldn't figure out what was going on with them -- it was really distracting. We finally asked when our food came out -- what is going on?  The server said they were trying to get their steps in for the day!?!??

I went over to a (skating) friend's house this afternoon. She does stained glass and was showing me how she does it. The next time I go over, she says I *will* make something. Nothing like adding in another expensive hobby. . .🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

That would startle me!

Once DS and I were having dinner in a local restaurant where we were seated at a table that was one of a row of tables in the center of the room, with booths all around us. After we ordered our food but were still waiting for it to arrive, we noticed that two of the servers kept walking in a sort of nervous circle around the room, between the tables and the booths. We couldn't figure out what was going on with them -- it was really distracting. We finally asked when our food came out -- what is going on?  The server said they were trying to get their steps in for the day!?!??

THAT is weird!

On 5/16/2021 at 10:56 AM, Lois R said:

Good afternoon to you all.🙂  Melody, beautiful flowers and I have the same question.......how are they growing so well if you just had a snow fall?

Kat, I LOVE lox, eggs and onions too......been years since I have even thought about it though since nobody here makes it. You just gave me a great idea when I go to Chicago next month......I bet there is a good Jewish Deli there that would have it!!!

Got my new shoes yesterday and they are comfy......I put them on without socks just to see the feel......pretty cushiony but I will still wear them with socks when walking.

Anyway, I am in shorts and a t shirt. 

Have a good rest of the day.

Lois --- thanks for the tip about Earth Origins shoes --- got 'em & they're great!

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

Lois --- thanks for the tip about Earth Origins shoes --- got 'em & they're great!

Awesome🙂Glad they are working for you too👍

• Like 1

A week to go and the girls (well 4 of us) are FINALLY talking about our get-together.   I see charcuterie and wine in our future...

Have any of you tried the "famous" Tomato Feta Pasta??  I was bored and decided to try it.  Dang.  It's sooo easy.  And it is pretty tasty.  I could even see making it with butternut squash "noodles" instead of th pasta.  It was 40 minutes from start to finish.  I'll keep this one on my list of things to make.

Nothing else today.  Trying to decide what clothes to pack.  Ugh.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

A week to go and the girls (well 4 of us) are FINALLY talking about our get-together.   I see charcuterie and wine in our future...

Have any of you tried the "famous" Tomato Feta Pasta??  I was bored and decided to try it.  Dang.  It's sooo easy.  And it is pretty tasty.  I could even see making it with butternut squash "noodles" instead of th pasta.  It was 40 minutes from start to finish.  I'll keep this one on my list of things to make.

Nothing else today.  Trying to decide what clothes to pack.  Ugh.  

I’ve made the tomato feta bake several times and we love it! I’ve used spaghetti squash instead of pasta, very good, and I like putting fresh spinach in.  

Still in VA with grandchildren, having a great time but very tired each night!  OOTD continues to be my usual stuff from Florida but I am actually wearing earrings each day and wearing makeup.  Big difference from a year ago!😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

I am so happy.  It dawned on me this morning that there is no place that I go to in my daily life that requires masks anymore, not even the nail salon.  Therefore, I can put on all my makeup again, not just mascara.  It is amazing how good it makes me feel.  Now if it would only rain a little my flower beds would be happy too.

• Like 2