for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Lois, those shoes looked familiar, I dug them out of the back of my closet. Mine are black & about 15 years old. I always wore them without socks. I’m going to try them with my toe brace & see if it fits. Totally forgot I had these. Melody

Good morning🙂 Melody, hope they work for you.  I don't wear a walking shoe without socks so that is why I only wear them with socks. I am sure you can do them with bare feet but just not something I would do.

• Like 1

Good morning to all!  As I try to get caught up on posts, I am struck by how busy everyone seems to be getting, a good sign that with vaccinations, we are developing a new normal.  I flew up to Indianapolis for a few days to help my dad with some stuff, back to Florida to drive up to VA to see grandchildren play soccer and help daughter in law while my son is traveling.  We won’t return to Florida until the first of June as husband is leaving tomorrow to drive to Indianapolis to work security at the 500.  After the race, he will swing back through VA to pick me up for return.  Then, grandkids are coming down in June to spend a few weeks, other son and family are coming down the end of July and we have our cruise out of St. Martin in August.  The summer will fly by!😂   

I have found in our current travels that most people, even in Florida, are still wearing masks which I think is the smart thing to do until we get more people vaccinated. All of my family in Indiana have been vaccinated, except for the ones who came to Florida for Spring break in April and took the virus home with them as they did not wear a mask.  Everyone in their family of seven tested positive, some developed symptoms, some did not.  Not the brightest branches of my family tree. 😞

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 2

Welcome back Sherri!   It gives me the warm fuzzies that some of us are getting out and about.  Remind your relatives that, even if they had COVID, they are still suggested to get vaccines as their antibodies are not guaranteed for any length of time.   On the food front - have you ever eaten at Cuizine?  It's down in your neck of Brevard.  I've been hearing good things about it on the FB group I follow for Brevard.  High end stuff.  The one thing that made me laugh was a glass of Hogue Reisling (my favorite Summer sipper) is $9 and the bottle is $30; I buy the bottle at the State Liquor Store for $9.00!!  

I was disgusted and horrified at the bodycam video from DC Metro PD officer Michael Fanone from Jan,. 6.  He was one who was "captured", tased with his own taser and his pistol taken.  He ended up suffering a concussion and a heart attack.  I saw it last night.  Then, to hear on TV yesterday some Representatives say nothing happened on Jan 6 and also it wasn't a riot - that it looked like any other "tourist day" inside the Capitol....

I'm not feeing all that great today - don't know why, but I had that "you know you're going to barf" salivation  going on for awhile early this morning and some stomach cramps.  I'm just hanging low for now - it's still relatively early and I can still get out.  It's a bluebird day and the temps for the next few days are upper 60s/low 70s, so it's Tshirt and shorts kind of days.  I started using the self-tanner last night to try to bring a smidgen of color to my ghost-white body.  I do it slowly.  This year, I'm trying the stuff from Isle of Paradise - got it in a special from Sephora.  The drops I put in my moisturizer for my face and the mousse I used on my legs. Medium color.  So far, so good.  Smell isn't overwhelming and is actually nice.  I used the mousse before I went to bed and I didn't feel all sticky.  I now just have a little hint of color, not my white.  And, that is just right for this time of year!

• Like 2

I love that self tanner. I get it at Ulta tho, lots cheaper

im going to be in Maine with my girlfriend (that lost her husband end of Feb). She’d asked me to hold off till her kids were done coming. She called me this morning & said I really need to see someone that doesn’t want anything from me!  I’m going 7-16 June.

Can’t go before because of this darn root canals (3) that blew up on me this week, antibiotics till surgery on 24 May. Should be able to drop about 10 lbs tho!  Can only have scrambled eggs & protein drinks, no real chewing.   Melody

• Like 1

Hi girls, Sherri, welcome back🙂

Kat, I saw the same thing☹️......that officer has been on the news and actually wrote a letter

to the Congress--too bad they don't heed his words. 

The weather got REALLY WEIRD here overnight......first, it rained all night (that is not weird)but the temps dropped by more than 20 degrees! It just reached 60 degrees......it was in the 50s all day........

THAT is weird!  Especially here in May!!!!

2 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Great news today from the CDC😃

Yes, indeed!  Let the unvaccinated lie and say they are vaccinated and go maskless - they'll kill each other. But, it's going to make it impossible to reach herd immunity...

Melody - you are having  tough year, too.  Sorry 'bout the root canal issues.  At least you can have alcoholic smoothies!  Take care!

I may be picking your brain for breakfast and dinner places that 6 old women would like - the "girls" think they want to go to Colo. Springs for a day (visit the Zoo, Garden of the Gods).  Nothing finalized because getting all of to agree on something is indeed like herding cats!

Well, 4 hours or so later I'm feeling a little better.  But, I decided I'm still going to just hang around.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Welcome back Sherri!   It gives me the warm fuzzies that some of us are getting out and about.  Remind your relatives that, even if they had COVID, they are still suggested to get vaccines as their antibodies are not guaranteed for any length of time.   On the food front - have you ever eaten at Cuizine?  It's down in your neck of Brevard.  I've been hearing good things about it on the FB group I follow for Brevard.  High end stuff.  The one thing that made me laugh was a glass of Hogue Reisling (my favorite Summer sipper) is $9 and the bottle is $30; I buy the bottle at the State Liquor Store for $9.00!!  

I was disgusted and horrified at the bodycam video from DC Metro PD officer Michael Fanone from Jan,. 6.  He was one who was "captured", tased with his own taser and his pistol taken.  He ended up suffering a concussion and a heart attack.  I saw it last night.  Then, to hear on TV yesterday some Representatives say nothing happened on Jan 6 and also it wasn't a riot - that it looked like any other "tourist day" inside the Capitol....

I'm not feeing all that great today - don't know why, but I had that "you know you're going to barf" salivation  going on for awhile early this morning and some stomach cramps.  I'm just hanging low for now - it's still relatively early and I can still get out.  It's a bluebird day and the temps for the next few days are upper 60s/low 70s, so it's Tshirt and shorts kind of days.  I started using the self-tanner last night to try to bring a smidgen of color to my ghost-white body.  I do it slowly.  This year, I'm trying the stuff from Isle of Paradise - got it in a special from Sephora.  The drops I put in my moisturizer for my face and the mousse I used on my legs. Medium color.  So far, so good.  Smell isn't overwhelming and is actually nice.  I used the mousse before I went to bed and I didn't feel all sticky.  I now just have a little hint of color, not my white.  And, that is just right for this time of year!

Kat, hope you are feeling better today.   I have passed Cuizine many times on A1A but have not been there.  I can never tell if it is open or not.  

Agree with you regarding the reps, hard to believe they are so willing to lie for another person.  

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317

19 hours ago, awhfy said:

I love that self tanner. I get it at Ulta tho, lots cheaper

im going to be in Maine with my girlfriend (that lost her husband end of Feb). She’d asked me to hold off till her kids were done coming. She called me this morning & said I really need to see someone that doesn’t want anything from me!  I’m going 7-16 June.

Can’t go before because of this darn root canals (3) that blew up on me this week, antibiotics till surgery on 24 May. Should be able to drop about 10 lbs tho!  Can only have scrambled eggs & protein drinks, no real chewing.   Melody

Hope everything goes smoothly with your dental procedures! 

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Kat,  East Coast Deli (our favorite) for breakfast & lunch) (real homemade east coast bagels to die for) on Tejon St; LaBaguette on Colorado Ave in Old Colorado City (fabulous chocolate croissants); Denver Biscuit Co on Tejon, Urban Egg (4 locations). Mollicas Deli on Garden of the Gods for lunch. Paravacinis in Old Colorado City for dinner; Red Gravy on Tejon for dinner. I’ll come up with some more if you want. Melody

Happy Friday everyone!  I need to get caught up, only breezed through the posts... work, ugh... it's leaving me no time for actual life lol ;)

fantastic to read about everyone getting out & about & starting to have little adventures again :)

not enough time to remark to everyone darn it, but @awhfy Melody, good luck with the root canals, love your attitude of the temporary included lap band lol ;) 

well, that was my five minutes of playing hooky, hopefully will catch up soon :) 

Happy weekend everyone !!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat,  East Coast Deli (our favorite) for breakfast & lunch) (real homemade east coast bagels to die for) on Tejon St; LaBaguette on Colorado Ave in Old Colorado City (fabulous chocolate croissants); Denver Biscuit Co on Tejon, Urban Egg (4 locations). Mollicas Deli on Garden of the Gods for lunch. Paravacinis in Old Colorado City for dinner; Red Gravy on Tejon for dinner. I’ll come up with some more if you want. Melody

Thanks!  This gives me some options to tell the girls.

I wish I had an Ulta nearby, but sadly no.  So, it's Sephora for me.  

I drove down to SLC today to look at a pair of paddle board shorts to use as my swim bottoms.  I pulled out my bottoms that I've had for 3 years and well, they'd never stay up if I fell in or went bodysurfing!!!   This store has never been closed,  but of course, they were when I got there.  COVID cleaning, I think.  Well, after driving all the way down, I didn't want to go back home empty-handed.  Went to TJ's.  Surprisingly, I didn't go hog wild as usual and my total was under $100.  Never had that before.  Some salads, some Spindrift water, some dim sum.  Oh, and trying their new peach ice cream.  

OOTD:  my Vuori Maui print 7/8 leggings and my army green Texas Wildlife Rescue Tshirt.  It was 80 degrees down in the valley, so it was a good compromise while my legs still self-tan.  

• Like 1

Melody - nice flowers!   I'm surprised my tulips are still standing; the snows weren't enough this year to mash them down.  

Hey - could you give me some ideas for non-Italian restaurant for dinner?  Any of the brewpubs good?  One of my friends has celiac so most Italian places don't have enough options.   I really want to push the girls to the East Coast Deli for breakfast!  I took a look at the menu and fell in love.  Lox, eggs & onions is one of my all-time favorites.  No one has it up here - I used to wait until I got to our place down in Arizona and went to Chompies for breakfast.  

I'm going to out for a little hike in the hills behind my house - things have dried out enough that it's not muddy.   So, the OOTD will be a pair of leggings and a Tshirt.  My Cotopaxi waist bag will be the accessory to hold my phone and water.  And, of course, a baseball hat.  

• Like 2

Good afternoon to you all.🙂  Melody, beautiful flowers and I have the same question.......how are they growing so well if you just had a snow fall?

Kat, I LOVE lox, eggs and onions too......been years since I have even thought about it though since nobody here makes it. You just gave me a great idea when I go to Chicago next month......I bet there is a good Jewish Deli there that would have it!!!

Got my new shoes yesterday and they are comfy......I put them on without socks just to see the feel......pretty cushiony but I will still wear them with socks when walking.

Anyway, I am in shorts and a t shirt. 

Have a good rest of the day.

• Like 3

Well, last night we had our first dinner out in a restaurant in 16 months and a week (but who's counting)?? 

It was heavenly to sit and chat while efficient people whisked plates of food to us (at actual cooking temperature!) and then whisked them away again. We went Italian (of course!); we started with a shared fresh seafood fritti, then I had gnocchi in a cream sauce with crispy bits of prosciutto and DS went northern Italian and had a big ol' cotoletta Milanese (schnitzel) the size of his plate!  Half of that came home for a sandwich today.

I also discovered a new French Chardonnay that I really like. So yeah -- happy evening for us. 😁

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Well, last night we had our first dinner out in a restaurant in 16 months and a week (but who's counting)?? 

It was heavenly to sit and chat while efficient people whisked plates of food to us (at actual cooking temperature!) and then whisked them away again. We went Italian (of course!); we started with a shared fresh seafood fritti, then I had gnocchi in a cream sauce with crispy bits of prosciutto and DS went northern Italian and had a big ol' cotoletta Milanese (schnitzel) the size of his plate!  Half of that came home for a sandwich today.

I also discovered a new French Chardonnay that I really like. So yeah -- happy evening for us. 😁

Yay on the dinner "out."  

What is this French Chard?  

20 hours ago, alidor said:

Beautiful flowers but I’m confused.  How are they growing?  Didn’t you just have snow a few days ago?

We cover the rose bushes (with burlap & large planters)  & bring the other plants in the garage if freezing temps/snow

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Melody - nice flowers!   I'm surprised my tulips are still standing; the snows weren't enough this year to mash them down.  

Hey - could you give me some ideas for non-Italian restaurant for dinner?  Any of the brewpubs good?  One of my friends has celiac so most Italian places don't have enough options.   I really want to push the girls to the East Coast Deli for breakfast!  I took a look at the menu and fell in love.  Lox, eggs & onions is one of my all-time favorites.  No one has it up here - I used to wait until I got to our place down in Arizona and went to Chompies for breakfast.  

I'm going to out for a little hike in the hills behind my house - things have dried out enough that it's not muddy.   So, the OOTD will be a pair of leggings and a Tshirt.  My Cotopaxi waist bag will be the accessory to hold my phone and water.  And, of course, a baseball hat.  

All of the brew pubs are great (I don’t drink beer so never think of them). Our favorite downtown is Jack Quinn’s Irish Pub (fabulous fish n chips) on Tejon. Phantom Canyon is pretty good. Colorado Mountain Brewery is very good. Texas Roadhouse if you’re hankering for a reasonably priced steak; The Famous (on Tejon) if you want to splurge. Rudy’s BBQ on Hwy 24 always good. Wines of Colorado on Hwy 24 good food & wine. Melody

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

All of the brew pubs are great (I don’t drink beer so never think of them). Our favorite downtown is Jack Quinn’s Irish Pub (fabulous fish n chips) on Tejon. Phantom Canyon is pretty good. Colorado Mountain Brewery is very good. Texas Roadhouse if you’re hankering for a reasonably priced steak; The Famous (on Tejon) if you want to splurge. Rudy’s BBQ on Hwy 24 always good. Wines of Colorado on Hwy 24 good food & wine. Melody

Thanks!   Sometimes brew pubs have a food selection that can satisfy everyone, so I like to have one in my pocket when we start discussing where to eat.    My next dilemma is what to pack for the girls' trip part of my trip!  Camping attire is easy - I can even wear the same thing multiple times.  But, I guess I need to do some "city" clothes, too.  I'm going to pack 2 little bags - one for camping stuff and 1 for city stuff.   I pulled out my one pair of jeans and they do fit, so maybe I can get away with a couple of shirts to go with them for nights in the city.  I have my overalls too.  They were cute enough to wear to work, so they should be good enough to wear in the city.   Oh this should be fun!

Have you even eaten in Alamosa?  

sorry ladies for the hijack.  

OOTD:  my Athleta Farralon camo shorts (a bit big in the legs, but I tie the waist down enough tht they stay up) and a Tshirt.  

• Like 1