for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

GF trip over.  We were a bunch of lazy old women.  We binged The First Lady on tv.  Went out for breakfast once.  Ate in the rest of the time.  Gossiped and caught up on our lives.  A good time.  Another girl and I stayed 2 extra days at another’s house.  Went out for dinner (Mexican), brunch and then dinner with the daughter who loaned us the house.  The 3 of us binged on Yellowstone- we finished up at 3am last night!!!  We couldn’t stop.  Got up at 7am to clean the bedroom and bathroom I used and get ready.  Sitting in the airport now waiting to board in about 10 minutes.  Report in later.

OOTD:  jeans, gray T-shirt and my pink hi tops.  Oh, and my hat. 

• Like 3

Hi girls🙂.....I keep looking at the clothing I have pulled out for the cruise..........then I keep checking the weather on line.......looks like rain and mid 60s all over my itinerary. Long sleeves for sure for me. I keep looking at the outerwear I have and of course it is nothing like someone who lives in cold country but for some reason I seem to have collected quite a few jackets LOL.....I am doing laundry at the moment and I have a red corduroy jacket that will work well. It is not a "heavy jacket" but I am bringing pullovers (tops and some lightweight sweaters). Not sure I am bringing the lined jacket I was thinking about.

Anyway, I was sitting here and it started to rain like the usual summer rains we get BUT now it looks like it is about 10pm or something........totally DARK outside😲.........weird...............looks like it is getting a bit lighter out but it is raining pretty good too..........

Oh well, just checking in...I am probably not going to pack till Saturday.  I leave on Sunday.👍

We leave soon, too. I have been half-packed for months since I haven't needed cool weather clothes (other than skating) for several months. I'm expecting cooler weather from London through the first half of our TA. I'll be packing for two seasons.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

We leave soon, too. I have been half-packed for months since I haven't needed cool weather clothes (other than skating) for several months. I'm expecting cooler weather from London through the first half of our TA. I'll be packing for two seasons.

Are you spending time in London before your cruise?

Helped decorate the church yesterday.  Today we all gathered to have a birthday party for one of the little kids.  Went across the road and visited the new babies at the dairy farm.  Played with my dog nephew Winston.  Tomorrow I’m going to drive around and see some old places, hit up some farm stores.  
OOTD:  Jean shorts, black Woolx sleeveless T, high tops.

82F5A13D-C042-48EE-9D80-3220338108CE.jpeg

80736755-8EE9-46CC-B587-AF9506D1EC8E.jpeg

E1C958E9-AE0F-4E9F-B6FD-F7E0C7BAD132.jpeg

F7629A0F-2BF2-44B9-8E50-CABB6AD02FF0.jpeg

• Like 5

Spent today driving around the old ‘hood.  Stopped at the local Mennonite store to pick up some honey and salivate over the produce.  We have ox roast sandwiches and just picked corn on the cob for dinner.  
Some random sights.  

A757B74D-9046-4FC3-B824-47397045D4AB.jpeg

4174F908-E331-4420-B231-945955090590.jpeg

524B6414-984C-43AF-A29A-8FBEF35888AA.jpeg

4F5413BB-1D49-4F31-9F8F-5E62C795F1AE.jpeg

84D8C1E9-363A-4379-9E90-FBF3A36A99B0.jpeg

FFCC07A1-FDAF-4870-99FC-FC5BF71FA4D1.jpeg

3317C382-4CBD-4D91-A218-2B503D6C1DE2.jpeg

B82D715B-B2B7-4C30-9558-A85BC1D3A84C.jpeg

4709BF09-D142-429D-9D5C-5AD3D3952A64.jpeg

9988A58B-77F7-4528-97BF-1AAD5311B56C.jpeg

A8A29D6F-EEF3-476B-807D-E08DE30E6E83.jpeg

FE4DF02A-5012-432C-B84A-1119A575603B.jpeg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Helped decorate the church yesterday.  Today we all gathered to have a birthday party for one of the little kids.  Went across the road and visited the new babies at the dairy farm.  Played with my dog nephew Winston.  Tomorrow I’m going to drive around and see some old places, hit up some farm stores.  
OOTD:  Jean shorts, black Woolx sleeveless T, high tops.

82F5A13D-C042-48EE-9D80-3220338108CE.jpeg

80736755-8EE9-46CC-B587-AF9506D1EC8E.jpeg

E1C958E9-AE0F-4E9F-B6FD-F7E0C7BAD132.jpeg

F7629A0F-2BF2-44B9-8E50-CABB6AD02FF0.jpeg

My great granddogWinston

8A88C2FB-F7C6-4AC3-8CA2-22D6AB608997.jpeg

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

Good morning to all.  Woke up to major lightning this morning from an off shore storm.  Really beautiful!

As usual, I am catching up with everyone’s posts this morning so here goes:

Kat, lovely pictures as usual!  I love the market pictures!  And what a great summer you have had!  I also agree with Melody, your girls trip sounds like the perfect vacation!

Lois, have a great trip!  We did an Alaskan cruise way back in 2014,  it was the last cruise of the season and rained the entire time!  But we still hiked and biked and enjoyed it.  Beautiful scenery.

Sharon, have wonderful time with your granddaughter.  She is at such a fun age,  I am sure she is keeping you busy!

Christie, enjoy your trip to London and TA. 

Cynthia, the Trader Joe’s salad looks really good.  We may have to find the TJs in Orlando next time we are over there.

Melody, any trips coming up?  Did you finish your big landscaping project?

I am flying up to Indianapolis at the end of next week to spend a few days with my dad.  He will be 88 in September, and I can tell he is aging rapidly so I really need to spend some time with him.  And it will be nice to take a break from our construction zone.😂

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Sherri, we’ve done the back except for our 30-40’ deck, we’re replacing under pinning & a few boards. I wanted Trex (& it would’ve been so much easier!!) Les wanted redwood (& he’s doing 90% of the work). Our SIL is working on a xeriscape design for our front yard, he’ll do it for us during his slow time.   We’ve had monsoon rains & intense thunderstorms for the past 2 weeks (5” of badly needed rain). This is our great grand dog, Sir Winston(6 mo old basset hound). His first time crawling into a chair on his own, so proud of himself

we’re cruising on Harmony OTS (out of FLL) in early December 

have a great time with your Dad, those visits are special. Melody

5D23581B-D950-41F8-BB28-4CDD1A59612C.jpeg

58E9143A-26D1-46EA-949F-FF285C958CB6.jpeg

38721412-CAC1-4D8D-9F9B-E9B0D0B3350D.jpeg

440533AB-B84C-4937-BB34-DB0DBDE88795.jpeg

438E2600-A210-4944-92E6-0C8B2836978A.jpeg

9F63E6AF-125C-4910-836C-C080CAF4A2C4.jpeg

46C1D947-36C2-48D1-AFBF-4323408F9028.jpeg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Lois, have a great time in Alaska. Personally I’d bring a hooded rain jacket instead of a corduroy jacket, the likelihood of rain is pretty good. Melody

Good morning, Melody, I don't own a hooded rain jacket.........I guess I could go out to Target and buy something cheap today.  Even though it rains a lot in the summertime here, I don't use rain jackets. I carry small umbrellas in the car.  The one jacket I have that is hooded is lined and kind of bulky. And SS offers umbrellas in every cabin.  

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

Good morning to all.  Woke up to major lightning this morning from an off shore storm.  Really beautiful!

As usual, I am catching up with everyone’s posts this morning so here goes:

Kat, lovely pictures as usual!  I love the market pictures!  And what a great summer you have had!  I also agree with Melody, your girls trip sounds like the perfect vacation!

Lois, have a great trip!  We did an Alaskan cruise way back in 2014,  it was the last cruise of the season and rained the entire time!  But we still hiked and biked and enjoyed it.  Beautiful scenery.

Sharon, have wonderful time with your granddaughter.  She is at such a fun age,  I am sure she is keeping you busy!

Christie, enjoy your trip to London and TA. 

Cynthia, the Trader Joe’s salad looks really good.  We may have to find the TJs in Orlando next time we are over there.

Melody, any trips coming up?  Did you finish your big landscaping project?

I am flying up to Indianapolis at the end of next week to spend a few days with my dad.  He will be 88 in September, and I can tell he is aging rapidly so I really need to spend some time with him.  And it will be nice to take a break from our construction zone.😂

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, hope you have a good visit with your Dad🙂........I miss mine every day. 

I have been to Alaska multiple times over the years........I am not a hiker or a biker though LOL

@slidergirl  Gorgeous pictures, your new iPhone was obviously a good purchase. We used to have a wonderful farmer's market near me but since COVID it has really fallen off. 😒.

Winston is clearly a popular name for doggie relatives -- love the sheltie (I think?) and the basset pup!

@sjb317  I'm also planning a trip at the end of the month to visit the family -- it will be my mom's 90th. She and my dad are not in great health, so we're trying to find simple ways to make it a joyful occasion.

Melody (CC is being goofy and won't let me @you) -- your roses and peonies are gorgeous and make me want to weep. When we had our first house, I planted a rose garden with high hopes but they just don't do well in our heat and humidity here (and all the bugs that love to eat them).  Peonies I knew better than to try. My ex-MIL even brought me cuttings from her lilacs, but also a no-go. Oh well, at least we have a gorgeous spring with all our hydrangea and dogwoods...

@Lois R  You must be getting ready for your trip -- bon voyage to you and I hope it is more fun and less "eventful" than your last cruise. Wishing you smooth sailing and not too much rain!

DS and I are getting together later today. Until then I'm just doing the normal weekend errand run and cleaning, lol.

• Like 1

Well, I just finished packing. And guess what? Melody, I actually found what could be classified as a rain jacket in the back of one of my closets........it has a hood and is more in the "windbreaker category" but slightly heavier. It is not lined and I was able to fold it up and put it in my carry on. I am still bringing my corduroy jacket. I will carry it with me on the plane. The rest of the packing went pretty good. I was looking at my choices.......everything is long sleeves, for daytime and for evenings. I think that will work well for me.

Cynthia, OMG......please, it HAS TO go better than the last cruise. Don't think that has not crossed my mind a couple of times........😲

• Like 1

Hi Girls,

We are back from MPLS. We had really nice weather and no problem with mosquitoes so spending time outdoors worked out well. Flight home was uneventful and we arrived early. Decided to stop at IKEA before heading home. Always good for some leg stretching and walking. 

Kat, love the pictures and as Cynthia said, the 13 Pro does a great job. Visiting Amish country is always fun. We have visited the Amish communities in northern Indiana a few times. Always enjoyed those visits, well except when we were behind a buggy on a one lane road. That produce looks so inviting along with the baked goods. You have had an amazing summer!

Lois, wishing you a wonderful cruise. Alaska is beautiful. I especially like the Inside Passage and the glaciers. Fingers crossed that the weather is good and all your plans go smoothly.

Christie, wishing you a wonderful TA and visit to London. Packing for 2 seasons takes some planning but I guess layering can help out.

Melody, your grand dog is a cutie. Your flowers are lovely. I don’t have much of a green thumb so I am content to enjoy the talents of others.

Sherri, I’m sure your dad is looking forward to your visit. Wishing you safe travels and many happy memories.

Cynthia, also wishing you safe travels and many happy memories. Happy 90th birthday to your mom-that is a milestone for sure.

Looking forward to reading about everyone’s trips. As for ours, we spent every day taking our GD on an adventure. Parks, lakes, playgrounds, splash pads, the zoo and a children’s nature center. She loved it all but boy oh boy did she wear us out! We also saw 2 Fringe Festival performances-just adults for these. We ate at a variety of restaurants all with really nice outdoor patios-Italian, Venezuelan, American, Cuban,  a food hall with many different food stalls with serve your self adult beverages and a brewery where you can bring your own food. For this we picked up pizza and salad from a favorite place. It we trivia night so lots happening there. Best part of all of this for me was no planning and no cooking:)

Take care all.

Sharon

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

Well, I just finished packing. And guess what? Melody, I actually found what could be classified as a rain jacket in the back of one of my closets........it has a hood and is more in the "windbreaker category" but slightly heavier. It is not lined and I was able to fold it up and put it in my carry on. I am still bringing my corduroy jacket. I will carry it with me on the plane. The rest of the packing went pretty good. I was looking at my choices.......everything is long sleeves, for daytime and for evenings. I think that will work well for me.

Cynthia, OMG......please, it HAS TO go better than the last cruise. Don't think that has not crossed my mind a couple of times........😲

That’d  be a perfect jacket Lois, that’s what I keep in my carryon bag. If the corduroy gets wet it’ll never dry!

Edited by awhfy

Hi Im just going to jump in and say hi,

I love cruising and have done 6 ocean and 1 river cruise .

We did our last cruise in May from LA to Vancouver which was great.

I came home and discovered I was unwell ,so to occupy myself after an operation and bedridden 

I started reading cruise critic and this entire post, which kept my mind off being unwell and I was unable to concentrateon a book.Its so nice that you supported each other through covid ,mainly on outfits and now on travel as we are able to .

I am on the road to recovery now and off for a walk in my gym gear ,Lululemon.

I do hope Debbie is ok as she doesn't seem to post anymore.

Have a great cruise Lois ,we meet you on a silvers cruise many years ago.

• Like 3

The wedding was very nice.  My grand niece’s dress was gorgeous.  The weather stayed sunny and warm.  
The reception was at a local horse farm.  Everyone was up dancing and drinking.  I am now a fan of creamsicle moonshine.  Those shots went down very smoothly.  They really tasted like creamsicles. They had specialty drinks named for their two dogs.  Cute.  I lost count at about 6.  Interesting mix of music- country to hip hop to classic rock.  A fun filled 7 hours of reception fun.

The photos were from around my SIL’s house.  A lot of Amish and Mennonite folks bought farms around here maybe 20 years ago to get away from the touristy Lancaster area.  

I wanted to post a pic of me all spiffed up but I can’t do it tonight for some reason.  I‘all try tomorrow when I’m sober…

I couldn’t post last night.  I’m still whooped from the moonshine last night- not hung over but really slow.  2 cups of coffee and a bottle of water helped.  

65C06703-708B-4DB7-9072-99660E8B56F8.jpeg

A4E1C40C-CF5C-47A0-A1FC-2A47F95CA2D5.jpeg

AB604D8B-268D-4A83-848E-9FE7D568C3FD.jpeg

1AB1F525-71DC-4D91-B816-9950BA112569.jpeg

1DD7E7CC-AB29-4510-9562-9D00E13678D7.jpeg

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 5