for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

What is the deal with the sore throat?????  It just won't go away.  

I don't want "AR" to get infected - we have more than enough for us to do without losing one person.  Call it kind of a selfish concern for her.

Put on your thinking caps:  I was playing some more with my trip stuff.  I booked for 4 nights in Bologna.  A good base for what I want to do.  I've got my nights around Florence on hold until I find out what happens with my owners.   I've got nights booked in Paris at Hotel Des Marronniers.  Now I have 4  more nights from checkout there until my CDG hotel and flight.  Here's what I need:  where would you go to on a train from Paris for a few days?  Let's have some ideas!  I think my hamster wheel has been affected by omicron...

Kat, I'm not sure where your barge trip goes, but if you haven't been to Bordeaux, it's just a lovely place, & they've done a ton of cleaning/restoring buildings, churches... making it pedestrian friendly...  you can catch day trains from there to the little villages like St. Emilion...  of course if your barge goes there, well, back to the drawing board lol 😉 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Kat, I'm not sure where your barge trip goes, but if you haven't been to Bordeaux, it's just a lovely place, & they've done a ton of cleaning/restoring buildings, churches... making it pedestrian friendly...  you can catch day trains from there to the little villages like St. Emilion...  of course if your barge goes there, well, back to the drawing board lol 😉 

Bordeaux sounds like a good idea.  I've been cruising the 'net for info and I'm liking what I'm seeing.  Only one problem - I have go do a group tour to vineyards 'cause I cannot drink & drive!!!!   I may have to take 2 tours since I'd like to do both the Medoc and St. Emilion.  This is at the end of the trip, so I just want leisurely days.  

Still no results back.  It's almost a competition to see who gets out of isolation faster - me or my boss.  Now, I have Wed & Thu as my days off, so it'll be a week that I'm been off.  Good thing I have Wed off - expecting 3-11 inches of snow!!!!!  I'm not driving anywhere!

OOD:  Woolx leggings and a Tshirt.  Ugg boots for awhile (they are a good 12 years old).  I had to do a little shoveling on my driveway to get ready for the snow.  Added my red Patagonia while I shoveled.  

Well so far I have evaded omicron, even though I'm out more than I would like to be. The flooring crew that was supposed to start yesterday did not work out -- they did not have the required liability insurance. Today I talked to two other refinishers but they all want to sell me new floors. Aarrgghhhh.

I'm glad to hear everyone here is holding their own. I almost feel like I am living on borrowed time although I am pretty careful (and boostered).  Fingers crossed...

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Well so far I have evaded omicron, even though I'm out more than I would like to be. The flooring crew that was supposed to start yesterday did not work out -- they did not have the required liability insurance. Today I talked to two other refinishers but they all want to sell me new floors. Aarrgghhhh.

I'm glad to hear everyone here is holding their own. I almost feel like I am living on borrowed time although I am pretty careful (and boostered).  Fingers crossed...

Hi Cynthia, I never got the virus either and have not been going out much at all lately.

Also fully vaxxed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Bordeaux sounds like a good idea.  I've been cruising the 'net for info and I'm liking what I'm seeing.  Only one problem - I have go do a group tour to vineyards 'cause I cannot drink & drive!!!!   I may have to take 2 tours since I'd like to do both the Medoc and St. Emilion.  This is at the end of the trip, so I just want leisurely days.  

Still no results back.  It's almost a competition to see who gets out of isolation faster - me or my boss.  Now, I have Wed & Thu as my days off, so it'll be a week that I'm been off.  Good thing I have Wed off - expecting 3-11 inches of snow!!!!!  I'm not driving anywhere!

OOD:  Woolx leggings and a Tshirt.  Ugg boots for awhile (they are a good 12 years old).  I had to do a little shoveling on my driveway to get ready for the snow.  Added my red Patagonia while I shoveled.  

Kat, I took the train from Bordeaux to st. emilion..  it drops you at the base of the village..  Bordeaux has a fantastic tram system, so you definitely don't need a car there 🙂

Cynthia & Lois,  good luck to both of you, & if you get it, hopefully very mild... I think laying low for the next month or so is a good idea.

Cynthia, that stinks about the floor refinishers... hopefully you will find a good, reputable company to do the work.

I tested negative last night, so back to work today... it was clear & sunny today so I mostly worked on the patio at Starbucks, then did a photo shoot at an empty house...  think I might work from the Starbucks patio tomorrow again.   

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, I never got the virus either and have not been going out much at all lately.

Also fully vaxxed. 

Stay safe!  Seems every day I hear of more "friends of friends" who have COVID.  I read today that omicron now makes up just over 95% of all new US COVID infections.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Cynthia & Lois,  good luck to both of you, & if you get it, hopefully very mild... I think laying low for the next month or so is a good idea.

Cynthia, that stinks about the floor refinishers... hopefully you will find a good, reputable company to do the work.

I tested negative last night, so back to work today... it was clear & sunny today so I mostly worked on the patio at Starbucks, then did a photo shoot at an empty house...  think I might work from the Starbucks patio tomorrow again.   

Yay for the negative test!!!   I got my results late last night - negative!   Talked to my boss and she said I can come back to work on Friday (I have today and tomorrow as my "off days" anyway).   At least both of us had the mild cases.  

Cynthia - not fun at all dealing with contractors.  Have you tried just looking at an online site like Angie to see if there are any well-rated refinishers in your area?  

Bordeaux is looking really good to me after another day of looking around.  Taking a train to St. Emilion sounds great, but how did you get to any tastings?   I discovered I messed up when I changed my flight home the other day - I accidentally added a day!!!  Not feeling like changing it again (even though it is changeable/refundable), I have to think about either seeing if I can add a day in Paris or doing that extra day in Bordeaux (or wherever).  Decisions, decisions...

OOTD:  sweats & a Tshirt.  Not going anywhere, not doing anything.  Snowing again today.

• Like 1

Kat, I didn't do any traditional wine tastings at the actual vineyards... but all through the village there were shops selling the wine w/tasting.   They also had some super cool wine infused salt that I bought....  I'm guessing if you want a true winery day,  an organized van tour would be best... for myself, I was continuing my travel in UK & was carry on only, so couldn't carry a bunch of wine with me...  I did take a bottle back to Bordeaux that night & drank it myself lol 😉  a little w/dinner & the rest with a good book on my kindle 🙂

well, my friend & work team member just tested positive (she started getting sick last night) I know it wasn't from me since I haven't been in contact with her since Christmas...  

our office just emailed us & basically office is closed...  fine by me, my Starbucks patio office is working out pretty well... & no one interrupts me. 😉 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Kat, I didn't do any traditional wine tastings at the actual vineyards... but all through the village there were shops selling the wine w/tasting.   They also had some super cool wine infused salt that I bought....  I'm guessing if you want a true winery day,  an organized van tour would be best... for myself, I was continuing my travel in UK & was carry on only, so couldn't carry a bunch of wine with me...  I did take a bottle back to Bordeaux that night & drank it myself lol 😉  a little w/dinner & the rest with a good book on my kindle 🙂

It's just something to think about for me.  I won't have space for any bottles - doing carryon only, too.  I can pick up a few at Duty Free at CDG.   I've bought that bottle for myself, too!  I got a nice little bottle of Brunello and had it for dinner with some goodies I picked up.

Bad news here.  In the county, our COVID numbers have exploded.  The health department, handcuffed by the state legislature and governor, cannot mandate anything.  All they can do is beg people to do the right things.  Well, today, Sundance Film Festival decided to cancel all in-person activities and do another "virtual" festival online.  It's going to hurt the town big-time as it's the big moneymaker for us.   Now, people are going to be trying to cancel their reservations.  It's going to be nasty for the next 2 weeks,

IMG_0275.JPG

• Like 1

Our SIL tested positive on Tuesday. Double vaxxed & boosted. Daughter still testing negative. We haven’t seen them since Monday after Christmas so hopefully!!!  Neither of us have any symptoms. 

wicked cold here, -15 last night with dusting of snow. It’s warmed up to zero (heatwave!!). Supposed to be single digits all day. Turkey soup in the crockpot. 

kat, glad you were negative. Bummer about Sundance Festival

• Like 1

We are currently on Independence of the Seas finishing up a 4 day cruise.  Since we are staying on for the 3 day cruise we were tested this morning, results negative.  This has been a nice, relax after the hectic Christmas travels cruise, and honestly, with the number of positive cases in Florida right now, I feel safer on a cruise ship than at home.  The concierge told us last night they were expecting to have around 3100 passengers but with cancellations due to air travel problems, weather problems, and, of course, omicron, only 1800 showed up which has made for what seems like a fairly empty ship.   2500 are expected for the 3 day cruise so we shall see if the experience changes.  The majority of passengers on our current cruise seem to be following the protocols, masking appropriately, etc. but what has surprised me is the number of pregnant women and the number of babies and toddlers.  I would not go on a cruise if I were pregnant during this pandemic and would not take a young child unable to be vaccinated.  Crazy!

Kat, congrats on the negative tests!  I am seeing more friends and family members testing positive which I did not see before with the other variants.  I think we will probably hibernate for awhile when we get home on Monday.  

Have a good weekend!

Sherti🙂 

• Like 2

Kat, that stinks about the film festival, I'm sure that just be a huge blow to your local economy...  we don't have official "shut downs" here, but almost all our restaurants & many cute little shops are closed because everyone either has it, or lives with someone who does, it's crazy

Melody, hopefully SIL will do fine...  so far everyone I know has done ok with this if they have all their shots,  hoping you too, stay symptom free 🙂

Sherri, I hope your cruse continues to be lovely... hopefully the passenger numbers will remain low for next leg, it's so nice to have limited people on board 🙂. Safe travels to you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Kat, that stinks about the film festival, I'm sure that just be a huge blow to your local economy...  we don't have official "shut downs" here, but almost all our restaurants & many cute little shops are closed because everyone either has it, or lives with someone who does, it's crazy

Melody, hopefully SIL will do fine...  so far everyone I know has done ok with this if they have all their shots,  hoping you too, stay symptom free 🙂

Sherri, I hope your cruse continues to be lovely... hopefully the passenger numbers will remain low for next leg, it's so nice to have limited people on board 🙂. Safe travels to you!

Yeah, having it cancelled 2 years in a row is devastating.  

Melody - it just takes time for it to resolve itself.  this version isn't bad enough to make you feel really bad. It's more of an annoyance where you know that you would gut it through any other time and go to work, but you have to isolate.  

Went to my PNP today for a checkup.  I was a bad girl.  Gained 10 lbs over the summer/fall,  and my A1c crept up again.  I kind of was expecting this but it still makes me mad.   I have 3 months to get back on the wagon.  She's threatening insulin again.  If she tried that, I'll demand a visit with an endocrinologist.  

OOTD:  My black leopard Sweaty Betty leggings, gray Woolx Tshirt.  Wore my Olu Kai outdoor slippers, since I knew I was going to get weighed and height-measured barefoot.  Red Patagonia, but I should have worn a rain shell instead as it dripped, NOT SNOW, rain all afternoon.  Made trying to shovel all the crap the street plow put in my driveway - it was thick and HEAVY.  I was exhausted after that!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

we don't have official "shut downs" here, but almost all our restaurants & many cute little shops are closed because everyone either has it, or lives with someone who does, it's crazy

We have so many cases here that restaurants and even grocery stores and some other big chains like Walmarts are closing certain locations temporarily.  I understand virtually every hospital bed is filled and about 40% are COVID cases -- so it is not just a mild illness or annoyance to everyone.

• Like 1

Well, apparently our county DOES have the ability to mandate masks in public indoor areas.  Put out the notice last night.  And, the HOA at my place now wants us to enforce it - if we see someone maskless, let them know about it.  The mandate is in effect until Feb. 21.   

At my medical office, all the women were wearing the mask I have - Cotopaxi.  Even my FNP had one on - she had another mask under it (she said she doesn't have an N95 and is waiting for them to come in).  They are definitely the most comfy mask I've tried.

I went in this AM for my tests - they sent me up to the hospital because they were shortstaffed.  The hospital is next door so not bad.  And, I was surprised how fast they got to me.   And, the hospital has a good cafeteria so I picked up an egg and bacon croissant when I was done.  Fasting and only drinking water before tests is cruel...

Man, walking up the stairs today is rough!  I shoveled that heavy, thick stuff off the driveway and my quads are really feeling it.  

Well, guess what?  My "AR" coworker called out sick yesterday and today.  Hmmm  I wonder what she has???  I am giving up my Sunday day off so I can help the boss so she doesn't have to be here 8am-7pm.  Only going to do the last 4 hours for her.  Trying to make it up to her for being out for a week.  

OOTD:  I kind of dressed up today:  white tank shirt (for the blood draw), my dressy camo short jacket, my usual yoga pants and my Teva tan booties.  Since it went with it, I brought out my "colors of giraffes" cubes necklace that I got in Kenya.  My tan leather earrings 'cause they went with the necklace and my booties.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

We have so many cases here that restaurants and even grocery stores and some other big chains like Walmarts are closing certain locations temporarily.  I understand virtually every hospital bed is filled and about 40% are COVID cases -- so it is not just a mild illness or annoyance to everyone.

Yip, it's very worrisome...might be less serious for some, but it's still super serious for many...  plus just lack of hospital staff for everyone...  we're going to continue to lay low for a few more weeks & see what happens.

Stay safe out there!

edit to add:  Outfit of the day:  plaid flannel boxer shorts, Santa tee that says: Jolly AF,

grey robe, & puffy socks...  at least I sort of washed my face lol 😉 

Edited by cruise kitty
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Yip, it's very worrisome...might be less serious for some, but it's still super serious for many...  plus just lack of hospital staff for everyone...  we're going to continue to lay low for a few more weeks & see what happens.

Stay safe out there!

edit to add:  Outfit of the day:  plaid flannel boxer shorts, Santa tee that says: Jolly AF,

grey robe, & puffy socks...  at least I sort of washed my face lol 😉 

Excellent choice of outfit!!!!!  If I didn't promise to come to work today, I would have something similar, but holiday-generic.  Probably my shirt that looks like one of those "Life is good" shirt, but had the person in a cast with crutches, saying "Life is crap."  A souvenir from when I shattered my leg. 

Everyone is smart to lay low for as long as you can.  This thing transmit worse than the flu or cold!! 

• Like 1

Had a wonderful afternoon.  Had my dip manicure and pedicure today.  Lovely white with sparkles for my fingers.  My toes are taking a break from polish until next month.  It had been 3 weeks since I had been because of holiday scheduling.  

OOTD: Red sweater, jeans and sketchers

• Like 2

BFF #1 (40+ years) tested positive for covid this week. She's a contact tracer in her county. Says it feels like a cold.

BFF #2 called me frantically at 12:12 (yep, I know the exact time). She could barely get out the words that she had found her 32 year old daughter dead this morning. I was able to leave work nearly immediately and go support her. She and her husband will now raise their 15 month old special needs granddaughter. 

It doesn't pay to be my BFF this week.☹️

28 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

BFF #1 (40+ years) tested positive for covid this week. She's a contact tracer in her county. Says it feels like a cold.

BFF #2 called me frantically at 12:12 (yep, I know the exact time). She could barely get out the words that she had found her 32 year old daughter dead this morning. I was able to leave work nearly immediately and go support her. She and her husband will now raise their 15 month old special needs granddaughter. 

PH......OMG....I am so sorry😟

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lois R said:

PH......OMG....I am so sorry😟

Thank you. It has been a very stressful day. If I wasn't watching a hockey game, I'd already be in bed.  Hubby and I are doing Dry January and I sooooo want to break it and have a drink, but I'm holding out so far.

2 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

I can only echo what Lois said, I am so sorry, I can't imagine the horror of that.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

Oh dear, what a horrible shock for your friend

• Like 1