for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi Ladies 🙂.  Do I dare confess that I'm going to wear black linen shorts, black tank, & a long open knit cardigan today?   I'm going to attempt a walk around the park...  we'll see how it goes...  if that doesn't work we may drive a little to where the streets are more flat & get some walking in that way 🙂

stay warm for everyone else today!

• Like 1

Jumping on the weather bandwagon. It's chilly here today (high yesterday was only 37, which is definitely winter for us!), but beautiful and sunny.  No rain like the last two weekends, thank goodness. DS and I are just about to load up an old oak cabinet and take it to someone who is going to do a sort of milk-paint finish in a creamy yellow to brighten it up for use in the new condo (mine, not his!).

I'm in a good mood because I was also able to get a haircut this morning. Feeling more stylish than usual. 😄

• Like 4

All alone again at work...

I have a new part-time co-worker.  She is from France!!!  I'm really going to pick her brain for stuff for my trip!  These "kids" - she works here, goes to college in Canada, worked other places around the world.  Life is good when you aren't tied down!!  First thing I learned today - the French keyboard is different from the US/English keyboard.  So, if I get on a PC there, I have to remember to look before I type!!

Another bluebird day up here and 24 degrees now (high of 31).  When the sun drops behind the mountains, the temp drops FAST.  

On my trip, still spinning about getting from Marseille/Aix to Bologna without wasting a lot of connection time (or my sleep).   I might take the last night in AIX and train it up to Lyon in the afternoon and stay there.  There are a few flights nonstop from Lyon to Bologna.  And, I could see a little of Lyon.   There are some Marriott-family hotels there that I could use my Marriott free night certificate for instead of paying for another hotel room.    And, got confirmation today that the Teatro del Silenzio is a definite "go" for this year, unless something catastrophic happens.  

OOTD:  My black wide-leg yoga pants and my white multi-blue striped linen shirt.  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, slidergirl said:

First thing I learned today - the French keyboard is different from the US/English keyboard.  So, if I get on a PC there, I have to remember to look before I type!!

I remember the first time I was staying in Turkey, in Istanbul. Back then I didn't travel with my own laptop and it was more common for hotels to have several computers for guests to use. But for me it was virtually unusable -- the Turkish keyboard layout was impossible to master, as someone who has always used the traditional touch-typing method!

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I remember the first time I was staying in Turkey, in Istanbul. Back then I didn't travel with my own laptop and it was more common for hotels to have several computers for guests to use. But for me it was virtually unusable -- the Turkish keyboard layout was impossible to master, as someone who has always used the traditional touch-typing method!

I spent a week in a fine German hotel while working a bobsled race before there were iPads and laptops.  I had NO clue how to use that keyboard!!!

• Haha 1

Happy Birthday Melody!!!  Hope you had a sunny day to celebrate with.   

I'm all alone for 5 hours today.  Boss left at 2pm, right after telling me she just gave her 2 week notice!!!   Wants to move back to New Jersey and couldn't wait 2.5 more months.  It'll now be very interesting what management does.  She was the only one who wanted the job from internally and they had no external interest.  NO WAY do I want that job!!!  Besides, it's year-round and I want to play in the Summer and Fall.  

OOTD:  black Woolx leggings, olive Woolx hoodie and my old Steve Madden tan moto boots.  dang, I forgot how much I like these boots and they go really well with leggings.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Kat, wow!   I wonder if you could be the interim manager for a couple of months?  Might be good for the  travel fund 🙂

& regarding keyboards, I had no idea that they varied by country/region

I would not want to be the interim manager, even if it was a little more money.  I do not want to have to deal with owner issues, order supplies, etc.   I take pleasure in being able to say "allow me to direct you to my manager for that." 😉   With Presidents Week and then all the March Spring Break stuff, it'll be more than enough to just do my job.  

Uh oh.  We got an email from a guest who checked out Saturday.  She got home and could not find her black boots.  We look everywhere in that unit and elsewhere - no joy.   Turns out they are Louboutin boots with the signature red sole.  There's a few $$$$ down the drain.   

15 more minutes and I'm outta here!!!  Tonight is Real Housewives of Salt Lake City night.  Can't miss that!!  It really should have been RHO Park City - 3 are from here, they eat up here, they tube and stuff up here.  Only 1 is actually from SLC - the other non-PC ones are West Jordan and Draper, I think.

• Like 2

Talk about boring!!!!  "AR" called out sick today with a migraine.  Our big group checked out this morning.  It's me, the maintenance guy and 2 guests.  Yawn.  Big boss is bringing up lunch for the 2 of us.  

Man, it didn't take long for people to stop wearing masks up here.  The resolution took effect Monday.  When I went to the market on the way home, no mask signs and I felt like I was the only one in the store wearing a mask.  At least our company is requiring masks for all employees and all guests in public areas still - it can because it's a private company, not a public entity.  

OOTD:  my Woolx greenish-gray leggings, my black Athleta hoodie.  Everyone liked my tan moto boots so I bought the black ones out of "retirement."   I knew when I paid good money for them about 10 years ago that they'd be worth the money!

• Like 2

Kat, bummer on the folks not following precautions...& no fun being bored at work...  I do like when we're busy, not interested in twideling my thumbs lol 😉

Your boots sound cute!  I love winter clothing, but not being too cold lol 

So I headed to do a few hours of work on my Starbucks patio, & they were closed!  Apparently too many employees sick, & not enough to run the location...so weird, sign says they will try to open again in a few days....  I could drive a few more blocks to another one (we have at least 6 of them in a 2 mile radius) but this is the one with the best patio.  🙂 went to the office instead for a few hours, which I hate, as it's so empty. 

I had good news yesterday, they extended final payment on our May cruise to mid March (it was due in about a week).  Love being able to stretch out the payments a bit more

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Kat, bummer on the folks not following precautions...& no fun being bored at work...  I do like when we're busy, not interested in twideling my thumbs lol 😉

Your boots sound cute!  I love winter clothing, but not being too cold lol 

So I headed to do a few hours of work on my Starbucks patio, & they were closed!  Apparently too many employees sick, & not enough to run the location...so weird, sign says they will try to open again in a few days....  I could drive a few more blocks to another one (we have at least 6 of them in a 2 mile radius) but this is the one with the best patio.  🙂 went to the office instead for a few hours, which I hate, as it's so empty. 

I had good news yesterday, they extended final payment on our May cruise to mid March (it was due in about a week).  Love being able to stretch out the payments a bit more

That’s been happening in our area of Florida quite a bit, signs on doors saying they are closed due to covid, opening In a few days.  I went to lunch with a friend at an outdoor restaurant, they were closing early as staff was tired of working extra hours covering for sick employees. 

Dreary, rainy and cold here again today.  We turned on our furnace last night which is the first time we have had a furnace on since we moved down here in 2018.😂

OOTD: something warm and cozy.  

Sherri🙂

• Like 3

Very few are wearing masks here. I am as I’m presurgical for my thumb. I’m not taking any chances prior. I have to have my thumb joint removed & cubital tunnel (elbow nerve) & carpal tunnel (wrist) nerve worked on. I hoped to put it off until our April cruise, but with the cold the discomfort has ratcheted up. Love my doc, he said when was last time you took at at home test, I said this morning before I came in; he grinned & said smart move, we’ll get you in as fast as an opening comes, maybe as soon as next week. I will have to have another negative test prior. I’m literally hiding out at home until after the surgery now. Sigh. Melody

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 2

Very few wearing masks in the wider metro area here, but in my little neck of the woods, residents are pretty strict about it. I've had a few workmen that I've had to remind about it -- luckily it is mandatory in common areas of the new condo.

Over the next couple of days we're supposed to have the "coldest weather in the last four years" according to local meteorologists....  I am going to stay indoors today and work/pack.

• Like 1

We have not really worn masks here all year.  The only place that still requires masks is my veterinarian's office.  Even though we have to go often it is not for very long.  Some of the businesses still require their employees to wear masks but not all.  Seems kind of silly since none of the customers are wearing them.  

Melody,  sending good wishes for a good outcome for your thumb...sounds like you have a terrific Dr. 🙂

It will be nice to have this taken care of before your next cruise...  where is this one going?

Sherri & Cynthia, sending you warm thoughts...  I feel like I lost my personal body heating system, so I do not envy your cold weather!  In December I bought a heated throw, I like to sit on the floor to watch tv...  but the floor is so cold even with an area rug over the wood...  so I put the heated throw down, with a  square throw on top of that...  the cats love it lol...they go between my heated floor area & their basket in front of the fireplace, love having the gas logs as it's clean, & so easy to light every evening 🙂

Keksie,  it's interesting how different areas have different requirements... I feel like I went through the stages of grief with the masks lol, 😉.  & now they're just a way of life...  I've found some surgical ones that work for me, & hey, think of all the $$ I've saved on lip gloss lol 😉

Well, I have big goals today...  going to organize my flatwear drawer & maybe even polish the silver (we'll see how ambitious I stay) 

• Like 2

Worst part of yesterday - I forgot my bag that I bring my speaker, water bottle and snack to work!!  8 hours of echoing silence is not fun.  Running to the water fountain upstairs is not fun.  Not having nibbles is not fun.  

We also have had a rash of the "we're closed because we're all sick" closures here, too.   The one ski area here is having a rough time with employees being out sick - they don't have enough employee coverage to open some of the chairlifts.  Season pass holders are getting upset because they aren't getting the full "value" that they paid LOTS of bucks for.  Sigh.  You want things open?  Get vaxx'd and wear the da@m mask!!!

Sherri - do you still change your furnace filters?  If one has been in there for years, even unused, I'd wonder if it had crap in it.  I know the first time my furnace fires up each year, it puts a unique "smell" in the air because things are getting stirred up for the first time.  

OOTD:  sofa-surfing attire, sweats and a Tshirt.  First time since I did my slip and fall that I can relax.  It still hurts when I bend down or turn around.  Work was a little challenging, but I stuck it out.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, awhfy said:

This cruise (Celebrity Reflection) is Eastern Caribbean, paid for entirely with FCC (future cruise credits) from my many cancelled cruises. Looking forward to being warm! 

Awesome! & having it paid for, even better 🙂

Hopefully will be sunny & warm 🙂.   We're on Reflection in May... wonder if the ships will still be only partially filled by then?  It's kind of nice to have the extra space 

• Like 1