for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

The cold kept me inside most of the day yesterday. That and the realization that my move is getting pretty close -- it's sort of like the "last push" to pack up and move things to the condo that I don't want the movers to get their paws on. 

Unfortunately DS has been quite closely exposed to COVID -- the friend he had dinner with on Thursday (and rode with to and from the restaurant, ~ an hour total in the car with no masks) tested positive for COVID yesterday. Oh dear....  DS went to get some tests and tested negative yesterday but too soon to celebrate.

Best wishes for him to do well with this 🙂, hopefully he stays asymptomatic or negative  & no after effects 🙂 & good luck with the final push for the big move 🙂

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Keksie said:

My son's girlfriend had covid.  They live together.  He never became ill.  

Not being ill does not mean no Covid.  Did he test for being asymptomatic?

3 of us who work together in close quarters got the "O" in succession.   Our co-worker who is unvax'd had it rough for a week.  The 2 of us just had to wait for a negative test since we had a 1 day fever.

Cynthia - I hope DS stays well!!  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Not being ill does not mean no Covid.  Did he test for being asymptomatic?

3 of us who work together in close quarters got the "O" in succession.   Our co-worker who is unvax'd had it rough for a week.  The 2 of us just had to wait for a negative test since we had a 1 day fever.

Cynthia - I hope DS stays well!!  

His test came back negative.

• Like 1

Hi girls, the sun finally came out today! Had my 1st Dr appt this week.........have 2 more to go!  My A1C was 6.2 so in the good range.🙂

But he said my blood pressure was high and he wanted to put on more meds.......as the patient I have the option to say no.  And I did. I was told that there is a chance it was BP meds that affected that whole kidney episode so I don't want to start taking them again...........😲

Will just try to do better with what I eat (what else is new........sigggghhhh).

Anyway, hope everyone has a good week. Kat, hope you are feeling better.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2022 at 11:46 AM, Keksie said:

My son's girlfriend had covid.  They live together.  He never became ill.  

Unfortunately my own experience is somewhat different. My sister and BIL were scheduled to cruise a couple of weeks ago. She started feeling sick just a few days before and her pre-cruise test came back positive. They had to cancel the cruise of course. Just a few days later BIL was negative too.

And both of them felt pretty sick, too.  Not asymptomatic by a long shot.

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, cruisemom42 said:

Unfortunately my own experience is somewhat different. My sister and BIL were scheduled to cruise a couple of weeks ago. She started feeling sick just a few days before and her pre-cruise test came back positive. They had to cancel the cruise of course. Just a few days later BIL was negative too.

And both of them felt pretty sick, too.  Not asymptomatic by a long shot.

I'm sorry they felt so sick.  My son's girlfriend was pretty sick too but she managed to get the antibody treatment before they stopped it and felt much better soon after.  My son was not even asymptomatic he never tested positive for covid.  Maybe he had it previously and didn't know but in this instance he never got it.  

2 minutes ago, awhfy said:

We’ll my thumb surgery is this Friday!  I went & had a Covid test this afternoon (24-48 hours before I know). I’ll be away from computer for awhile. Melody

Oh no!  Well, have a successful surgery.  Enjoy the drugs - my favorite part of any surgery.  Can't Siri type for you??? 😉

1 minute ago, slidergirl said:

Oh no!  Well, have a successful surgery.  Enjoy the drugs - my favorite part of any surgery.  Can't Siri type for you??? 😉

Hmm, maybe, I’ve never turned Siri on as she doesn’t understand my Boston accent 🙄

• Haha 3

Lois - may I borrow your A1C number in April?  I was a bad girl over the summer ( knew it) and it went back up to 8.7.   My PCP has given me until April to get it back down.  If nothing else, I know some of the summer carb weight is coming off - my one pair of pants that I couldn't wear in December are now comfortable to wear all day at work.  So, that's something.

Alone again at work.  Had the family from the land down under (both Australia and that place that isn't Heaven) check in last night.  Hated the condo, demanded something else.  That, I can't do and all of our rentals were booked for various dates during their stay.  We're not like a hotel were we can just switch people - each unit is different and has different #s of bedrooms.   I told the Mrs. to come down and talk to the Big Boss in the AM.   Well, the Mrs. demanded the BB fix it inside of an hour!!!   She wouldn't pay for an upgraded condo, anyway.   BB thought of calling one of the owners who didn't always put their unit up for rental and asked if we could use it.  Fortunately, they said yes.  So, crisis averted - a nice 2 bedroom + den unit with a great view AND a tea kettle (she HAD to have a tea kettle!!).   I get 2-3 of those types here each year.  You see the photos on the website, you know what you're getting.  Sigh.

OOTD:  The olive pants that I can finally wear plus that white w/ little black stripes shirt.  My hi-tops and tie dye socks.  

• Like 2

Melody, wishing you all the best with the surgery🙂 and Kat, sure........you can have that number too.😃

We finally had a sunny day today and it warmed into the 60s!😃

I can't believe tomorrow is February---------time has a funny way of just going....and going..........

• Like 2

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

We’ll my thumb surgery is this Friday!  I went & had a Covid test this afternoon (24-48 hours before I know). I’ll be away from computer for awhile. Melody

Melody,  I hope everything goes smoothly, & this is the last big medical of you in a very, very long time 🙂

• Like 1

I got my blood work results back today...  Dr. told me I should eat less carbs (they must just say that to everyone, cause I really don't eat carbs as it is). & apparently I need to increase my salt intake WTH?   

Also, I have too much calcium in my blood...  again, WTH?  

So, for dinner, I had two low carb beers (2.2 carbs each) with a bunch of Tajin Salt...Dr.'s orders lol 😉 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

I got my blood work results back today...  Dr. told me I should eat less carbs (they must just say that to everyone, cause I really don't eat carbs as it is). & apparently I need to increase my salt intake WTH?   

So, for dinner, I had two low carb beers (2.2 carbs each) with a bunch of Tajin Salt...Dr.'s orders lol 😉 

Too much calcium? My Doc said he thinks I need to take some.........I am taking enough meds as it is!

And increase your salt? Seriously?  We have different metabolisms, that is for sure!   

• Like 1

she approached it with, Are you on a low sodium diet?"  I definitely am not lol....it's a complete mystery to me...  

& congrats on you A1C level 🙂....  hopefully you can avoid the additional meds with some diet changes... for myself, sometimes the benefits of the meds are outweighed by the side effects...  since the steriods & Zpak, my stomach has not been happy...  at all...

have a good night 🙂

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Sounds familiar!!  My sodium level is low.  I'm not a salter, never have been.  The only salt I do is to salt my pasta water, or eat at a restaurant where the food is already salted.  

I'm getting into low-carb beer over the summer this year.  Some really tasty craft beers.  and, the Blue Moon Light is pretty darn good.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Best of luck on your surgery -- hope all goes well and you have a smooth recovery!

• Like 1

Pre op blood work. A1C 3.5, creative high, cholesterol total 138. Doc goes, how old are you?  (71 last week)I was pleased, must be the red wine!

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Pre op blood work. A1C 3.5, creative high, cholesterol total 138. Doc goes, how old are you?  (71 last week)I was pleased, must be the red wine!

WOW........your numbers are PERFECT...........3.5? and 138?  all I can say is WOW

• Like 2

20 hours ago, slidergirl said:

3.5 A1C????   I've never heard of one that low!  

It’s actually gone up from 3.2.

My Covid test was negative!  Surgery is Friday, now to get thru the snowstorm today & tomorrow. 12” so far overnight & wicked cold. Blueberry muffin tops in oven. Cream of chicken & rice soup in one crockpot & chicken tortilla soup in another crockpot (easier for me to eat soups with one hand). SIL will stop by for some soup & muffins before he goes home after plowing (he’s been out since 0300 with his crews). Melody

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, awhfy said:

It’s actually gone up from 3.2.

My Covid test was negative!  Surgery is Friday, now to get thru the snowstorm today & tomorrow. 12” so far overnight & wicked cold. Blueberry muffin tops in oven. Cream of chicken & rice soup in one crockpot & chicken tortilla soup in another crockpot (easier for me to eat soups with one hand). SIL will stop by for some soup & muffins before he goes home after plowing (he’s been out since 0300 with his crews). Melody

Soups sound really good as do the blueberry muffins.  You must be relived to get the negative test since your surgery can now progress.  Best wishes for you on Friday!

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 2

day off .  Allow me to vent about something.  Moderators, please don't delete this as it is extremely important.

Keep good thoughts for one of my bobsled "kids" who is trying to compete in the Olympics.  She is in the top 3   in the world.  You can read about her troubles - Elana Meyers Taylor.  But, the stories don't tell the whole story.  

OOTD:  sweats and a Tshirt.  I'm depressed enough about Elana to not want to do much else.

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 2