for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Cynthia - Happy Happy Birthday!!!  Yay for finishing the physical move.  Unpacking is easy - just undo what you need at the time and you will eventually have it all unpacked!  I moved 12 years ago and I'm still unpacking!!!!!

Should be an easy day at work - no arrivals and the one departure had a 9am flight out of Salt Lake City.  But, it's a full house and tomorrow we have to turn over 5 units - they depart, we clean, they arrive.  It takes a good 2-3 hours to clean the units and then we have to inspect them.  When checkout is 10am and checkin is 4pm, that's busy!!

I have to get ready for work in 30 minutes and I have NO idea what I'm going to wear...

• Like 2

Oh man, it's going to be a LOOOOONG day at work!   I got here at 11am, by 11:30 I was by myself.   I'm going to have to come up with some stuff to do by myself.  

OOTD:  At the last minute, I decided on my wide leg yoga pants, my black/white striped tank and my tan jacket, hi tops.  At least I'll be comfortable.  

I had some boring time today so I went poking around the 'net again about my trip.  It turns out I could take a train from Lyon at a reasonable time in the morning and go direct to Milan!  Instead of getting the rental car in Bologna, I can pick it up in Milan.  It's only an hour and change from Milan to Bologna.   So, that's now bouncing around in my brain.  And, it's cheaper than that flight between Lyon and Bologna, even in the upper class of the train.  It would be great scenery that way, too.  

10 more minutes at work!!!!!!  Later!

• Like 2

Hi, the gal from the scheduling dept called and re-confirmed with me----I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am😲..........yikes. I made sure to set my alarm for 4:25 and I am using a car service to get me there. We have a company called Ztrip (It is like Uber).........I have used Ztrip multiple times over the past couple of years. They will come get me at 5:00.  Wish me luck girls. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

Hi, the gal from the scheduling dept called and re-confirmed with me----I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am😲..........yikes. I made sure to set my alarm for 4:25 and I am using a car service to get me there. We have a company called Ztrip (It is like Uber).........I have used Ztrip multiple times over the past couple of years. They will come get me at 5:00.  Wish me luck girls. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

wishing the very best for you Lois...  I just know that everything is going to be fine, & before you know it you will be on your lovely, relaxing cruise 🙂

-Debbie 🙂

(I do really want to know why they like doing things so early!!!)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Fingers and toes crossed for you.   I agree - why do they have us get to the hospital so freakin' early???

• Thanks 1

I can tell you the Dr only has 2 patients in hospital tomorrow......I am the first....even though the whole procedure only takes about 25 minutes (if that long), they give it a 2 hour time frame.........she then has someone else and I remember her telling me it is a LONG surgery......like 5-6 hours..........so I guess in my case they want everything done by early to mid morning........anesthesia and all that stuff.  I know many times hospital stuff is early though😲

Thanks for all the good wishes.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Lois, wishing you the best of luck tomorrow. Hopefully this is just a blip on the screen and before long you'll be getting ready for your upcoming cruise. 

• Thanks 1

Checking in-long story but anyway I am still at the hospital. Had the procedure and feel fine, no pain at all. The thing is, since I am solo and was put under they said  I can't be released for 24 hours. And I ended up driving myself here. The z trip folks screwed me

I have used them multiple times so this was a shock. Anyway,  I could not wait so drove myself and now waiting for the Dr.

Will update yall later.

• Like 1

Well, I am staying here overnight. All about being solo and the anesthesia, even though I have no side affects an feel fine. She said there is a form I could sign but it goes against her medical advice and if something should happen after the fact insurance would not cover. I will just stay here and I can drive home in the morning. I wonder how much this room will cost 🤔 

• Like 1

Z-trip never showed for us on our last cruise in 2020 & we had to drive to airport (glad a daughter was able to pick up our car, it was a 21 night cruise!!). I’ve heard of quite a few others having issues with them. 

Hi Melody, (and everyone). I am home and feel fine......actually you would never know anything had happened.   I did finally see the Dr this morning before I was discharged.  I have partial news but won't know any final answers until all the results come back from pathology.  She did say I am in a group of women who has a very small/tight cervix and there is no way they could have done this in the office.

It normally takes about 25-30 minutes but in my case in took close to 90 minutes😲. Seems since I never had kids and I am post menopausel can contribute to the my insides being what they are........

She even said she would have wanted a larger tissue sample but it was hard to get........anyway, Friday I am having a pelvic ct scan too.  I also had blood taken in her office last week to check on genetic markers.  Seems that number came back slightly high. Not way out but slightly.  So we need to see the results of today and Friday's scan.  She did tell me either way, she recommends a hysterectomy due to these factors......the marker and the cysts should not be on my ovaries to begin with.  My other option would be to check every few months to see that nothing has grown and go through what I did yesterday. (That doesn't make much sense to me).  So, the results should be back for my visit to the Dr on Monday.  If it is all benign she said to go on my cruise and I can have the surgery when I get back. 

That 2 weeks would not matter in that case........of course, if anything shows a malignancy, I will cancel the trip and have the surgery right away.  Won't know anything more till next week. 

Thank you all for being here🙂

• Like 3

Hysterectomies aren’t that bad, just be aware that you won’t be doing much of anything for about 6 weeks post surgery. Where you live alone they might want you to spend several weeks in a rehab type facility post surgery. Go on your cruise & relax

57 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Hysterectomies aren’t that bad, just be aware that you won’t be doing much of anything for about 6 weeks post surgery. Where you live alone they might want you to spend several weeks in a rehab type facility post surgery. Go on your cruise & relax

Hi Melody, a rehab facility?😲 She never mentioned anything like that. Actually, the Dr said the surgery is way different than years and years ago. She used the word "Robotic" and small holes/incisions that are done. She even said the only thing they don't want you to do post operation is lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk. So, going to a rehab facility? Unless it is forced on me? I will stay home. And who knows if insurance covers........this is not anything I have experienced before.

• Like 1

That’s good, that means she’s planning on laparoscopic surgery, much faster recovery. You’ll likely only be overnight in hospital. Rehab facilities if required by your doc should be covered by insurance. Melody

Hi Lois. I just want to jump in here because I have had Laparoscopic surgery for an ectopic pregnancy. It sounds like your doctors was referring to robot assisted laparoscopic surgery. For my surgery, there were 3 small incisions, 1 at the bellybutton, 1 just inside the pubic hair line and 1 over inside the hip bone. Scaring is minimal, very short small raised lines in each spot. I especially want to forewarn you in the way I was forewarned…women tend to have pelvic pain referred up

into the back of the neck area. I actually had severe neck pain following my surgery. Just a heads up there.

• Like 1