for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Kat, sounds like you, in spite of feeling sick,  handled Mr Entitled perfectly. Now let’s see if he leaves you a nice tip. Hoping you are feeling better today.

Melody, I hope hotels are using a check list such as yours. I always wonder how well  a room is cleaned. Just to be on the safe side I always wipe down the high touch areas with my own Clorox wipes. May not always be necessary but it makes me feel better.

Edited by purduemom1
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

Kat, sounds like you, in spite of feeling sick,  handled Mr Entitled perfectly. Now let’s see if he leaves you a nice tip. Hoping you are feeling better today.

Melody, I hope hotels are using a check list such as yours. I always wonder how well  a room is cleaned. Just to be on the safe side I always wipe down the high touch areas with my own Clorox wipes. May not always be necessary but it makes me feel better.

I do the same thing, I’m very anal, more so in a hotel than a cruise

Hello to all!  We got back to Satellite Beach last night, good trip but long drive!  Christy, did you see me waving as we went through North Carolina?😂

Lois, great news!  🎈🎉🥂

Sherri🙂

PS: I want that pie!😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi girls, Sherri, welcome back.

The Dr just called (I spoke with the nurse much earlier today) and anyway, I asked him what caused the fluid to build up and at this point they don't have an answer to that for me.......sometimes modern medicine can be funky too........But the fluid itself was not malignant so of course that is good. He also said I would probably need another lung scan in a couple of months to check on them. This is the Dr who was in the room when they were taking out the fluid. 

So, next up is the hysterectomy and that is on Friday, April 1st.

• Like 3

Yay Lois!!!  Keep up the good roll on all this.  

At St. Regis, there was a checklist for inspecting rooms that we had to use.  Pretty esoteric things - at least 10 paperclips in desk drawer, 6 regular hangers and 6 clip hangers, this season's bookmark in desk drawer, toiletries in bathroom presented in a certain order, one robe folded in bathroom, other on hanger, etc.  When I inspected rooms at Chateaux, I didn't have all that, so it was easy to breeze through them.  Now I get to check each TV here (each has a different setup, I swear), if guest - guest linens on beds, if owner - owner linens on bed, no lint in dryers,  all lights and fireplaces work...  I guess I'm much more forgiving when I am the guest - unless something is truly wrong, I go with the flow and let HK deal with others.   Even with COVID in my travels last summer, I didn't wipe things down, even 

No arrivals, no departures today.  No arrivals for tomorrow to inspect.  Boring.   Just going to check the coffee machine around 3pm and 6pm, and turn out the lights.  Going to be a long afternoon.  I am feeling more human today.  But, it's my Friday, so I can gut it out!!

OOTD: black wide-leg yoga pants, heather brown tank top, oatmeal color shrug sweater.  And, the hi-tops.  I'm going to have to buy a new pair of these before July!!!  

• Like 1

Here’s my two outfits for Elegant Chic Night. My one & only cocktail dress & my vintage Chicos raw silk jacket & Chivos raw silk pants. I wore them on our first cruise in 1995. The sequin tank is WHBM. It’s the two necklaces I’m waffling on. Suggestions??  I’m wearing taupe wedges for both outfits (same color as pants). Melody

B6920588-F3F5-48C4-8294-44A97E27952C.jpeg

4DE560B1-198B-4BB7-98EA-E572201062FE.jpeg

94961FFA-B74B-4A53-94AA-23323F319536.jpeg

B953F6DC-5A9B-4696-AFB9-A887EE060DA4.jpeg

615115FB-A734-40BA-B92B-D9164BD1C731.jpeg

Hi Melody, thanks so much.......😃 and the necklaces are really nice. If you want to go with a more classic look I would do the top photo......if you want to go more modern........I like the bottom photo. Hope that made sense.......the longer with the fringe looks more modern to me. The other one looks more classic.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, good morning...........so far the news is good---the fluid is benign👍.....still waiting on some of the other results but at least this part of it is negative😃 (which is really positive news).........

Woo Hoo!  I know what a big deal that is!!!  Terrific news Lois 🙂

3 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

@awhfy  I love both your chic outfits 🙂.   I'm personally partial to the necklace with the fringy tassel... I think it will elongate instead of round  necklace on round neckline.... just my two cents 😉 

The tank is a deep vneck, doesn’t show well in picture. I prefer the fringe tassel one too

9 hours ago, awhfy said:

The tank is a deep vneck, doesn’t show well in picture. I prefer the fringe tassel one too

Then the tassel it is😃 definitely wear the one you like the best!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

Kat -- I posted this comment on the wrong thread....if you're still looking for a Faherty dress, check on eBay---I found a NWT one for $45 + shipping.

I responded on that thread.  Wrong color and sizes.  But, I'll keep looking there. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

I responded on that thread.  Wrong color and sizes.  But, I'll keep looking there. 

NEW Faherty Linen Gemina Peach Palms Dress sz L.

Condition:
New with tagsNew with tags

Sold for:
US $45.00
Best offer accepted  

Good morning,  sometimes I have to wonder about things........I got my statement from Florida Blue and was on the phone with them for a LONG TIME.......I realize we are all human but someone made a BIG MISTAKE😫.........you know it was already almost a month ago when I was in the hospital for the D&C.....that procedure was on the statement and for the night in the hospital.......it was ALOT OF MONEY......but someone only keyed in 6.00 towards my deductible😲..........it should have been 3900.00!  I reached customer service and at least I got a very helpful rep. She looked at everything with me and she saw it right away.......she gave me a confirmation # and is sending an adjustment to the claim over to claims for them to fix it.  She said it looks like someone mis keyed it....(ya think?)......I just hope they get it fixed because for my upcoming surgery? Part of the pre-payment comes from my insurance plan......the closer I get to my deductible the less I have to pay for the surgery...........make sense? They were originally asking for nearly 4600.00 bucks! Once that 3900.00 goes to the right place my out of pocket will come way, way down.  

I am glad I kept looking at my statement and I knew something didn't look right!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4