How are the Swans doing 2020

I was awake for the start of this game, then drifted in and out. When I was awake, it didn't seem that close. that last second goal made it seem like it was not that close.

I hope we get to see the GF. I'll need to get some extra sleep next Friday so I can be wide awake at 2:30 am Saturday!

On 10/18/2020 at 10:17 AM, NoWhiners said:

I was awake for the start of this game, then drifted in and out. When I was awake, it didn't seem that close. that last second goal made it seem like it was not that close.

I hope we get to see the GF. I'll need to get some extra sleep next Friday so I can be wide awake at 2:30 am Saturday!

The bookies are favouring the Tigers, but not by much. One bookie I looked at had Tigers at 1.85 and Cats at 2.05. The so called AFL experts in the Melbourne daily newspaper Herald Sun are favouring the Cats.

Enjoy the game ML.

Leigh

Brisbane does not seem to want to cooperate today. Talk of invoking lightning policy and even postponement.

7AA35D2D-2BBF-46EA-B702-FB608B802879.thumb.png.f4c1a75971757b6221b284ff6233175d.png

E1DB7B81-C07F-405C-96DD-3A577B6663CB.jpeg.938411853eb5f341eb6c7a064ceb1894.jpeg

Ok, the radar is current, but the photos are older. Particularly the lightning one during a cricket match.

Edited by Docker123

lightning is the big issue, they play in the rain. This from a news article:

Under the AFL’s Extreme Weather Policy, if lightning is present within 10km of a ground, the match has to be stopped and all players have to head indoors.

The match will then only get back underway once the lightning has vanished from the 10km radius for more than 30 minutes.

“Under the lightning rule they can delay the match by up to an hour,” an AFL spokesperson said.

So, if more than an hour, possibly tomorrow. Really not sure

It's pretty wet at the Gabba and they've had about 20mls of rain in the last couple of hours, but that pitch drains beautifully.  There's certainly some rumbling thunder but no wild electrical storms and the gates are still opening in 20 minutes.   Up the Cats!  

• Like 1

The wet ground will favour the Tigers style of play. This was in the papers this week.

"Tigers' success over the past four seasons has been their desperation to keep the ball moving forward, while their glut of hard-running flankers mean they are rarely outnumbered."

I hope it is not a repeat of their last meeting in round 17, when the Cats were kept to just one goal in the first three quarters.

2 minutes ago, V_icki_e said:

Because of the rain, tickets are starting to show up on sale sights like Gumtree... I could grab two seats on the centre wing for a measly $1700!  The seller even says that they will throw in a raincoat! 

Are there any laws in QLD about onselling and making a big profit - scalping? Here in Vic it is illegal to re-sell a ticket for more than 10% odf it's face value.

From a Vic Government website - 

Major Theatre, Sporting and Cultural Events

Victoria is home to some of Australia's most iconic sporting, theatre and cultural events. Major events belong to everyone, and we want everyone to be able to enjoy them.

The Major Events Act 2009 protects fans from being ripped off by ticket scalpers and ensures that tickets to major events are available for everyone.

When the government declares an event as a major event, it becomes illegal to sell or advertise for resale tickets for more than 10 per cent above face value.

Leigh