Ruby Princess arrival yesterday IMPORTANT

pmcl

10 minutes ago, pmcl said:

Ruby Princess arrival yesterday into Sydney, just now on SBS news, 2 passengers and 1 crew member confirmed positive for COVID19.

Now 3 passengers and 1 crew.  I passenger has returned to Tasmania and 1 is in hospital.

Ruby Princess was required to give a full list of contact details within the hour.  The Government has sent out SMS messages trying to track all the passengers, who must all now self isolate. 

ABC News 

7 minutes ago, teamflames said:

So we (Australia) just let everyone off into the community? There have been suspected cases onboard since NZ.
It seems like screening has just stopped?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was that public knowledge?  I remember Ruby Princess departed Sydney late at 10.45 pm for this cruise to NZ.

8 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Was that public knowledge?  I remember Ruby Princess departed Sydney late at 10.45 pm for this cruise to NZ.

This was announced by NSW Public Health earlier today.

I watched it from SBS news.

Edited by pmcl

1 minute ago, pmcl said:

This was announced by NSW Public Health earlier today.

I watched it from SBS news.

I watched the announcement on ABC News and I didn't pick up that they had let them off the ship before the results were back from the tests.  I guess full details will come up on how this was allowed to happen, putting cruise workers and members of the community at risk. 

1 minute ago, tbirfblue said:

WOW!    This new development on the Ruby may have just sealed the deal for our Alaskan cruise on May 23rd.   We have been going back and forth on whether to cancel our trip.    So, so sad! 

Good idea to cancel.  Alaska will still be there next year.  

My daughter thought I was crazy seriously considering a cruise to NZ from Aus, at this time - she was right!

I cannot believe we allowed this to happen. We are all trying to do our best as individuals and the authorities just let this happen. 

I also cannot believe that another Princess ship has been involved. There is something fundamentally wrong happening here. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pushka said:

I cannot believe we allowed this to happen. We are all trying to do our best as individuals and the authorities just let this happen. 

I also cannot believe that another Princess ship has been involved. There is something fundamentally wrong happening here. 

Several ships with several lines have now had Covid-19 positives including the MSC ship that offloaded in Miami even though it had positive cases on board.  If the cruise lines were still loading passengers most ships would have cases.

Just now, npcl said:

Several ships with several lines have now had Covid-19 positives including the MSC ship that offloaded in Miami even though it had positive cases on board.  If the cruise lines were still loading passengers most ships would have cases.

But we were supposed to be doing this well in Australia. 

An absolute stuff up Princess and the port authorities.   2700 potential time bombs walking around Australia and other countries from the Ruby.  All because they were let disembark when tests results on those with symptoms were pending.  Heads should roll on this one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pmcl said:

Ruby Princess arrival yesterday into Sydney, just now on SBS news, 2 passengers and 1 crew member confirmed positive for COVID19.

And as we now know, 2700 pax were allowed to disembark whilst the result of the pax and crew was pending. Absolute disaster.  Now 2700 people in the community, potentially infected and spreading.   Heads must roll.

• Like 1

Just now, Katwoman007 said:

Oh wow! I did not know there were ships still out! 😞 

There are ships still out there. We in Australia are letting some in and/or completing their cruises.

4 hours ago, pmcl said:

This is very upsetting news.

I thought once Ruby returned to Sydney, and disembarked all passengers, the crew would be 'safe'.

Isolated at sea for 14 days, and then everything would be fine.

Just horrible.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

And as we now know, 2700 pax were allowed to disembark whilst the result of the pax and crew was pending. Absolute disaster.  Now 2700 people in the community, potentially infected and spreading.   Heads must roll.

We had the same thing happen here in Miami recently with a MSC ship offloading passengers without screening when they knew they had positive cases on board.  Unfortunately, our positive cases in Miami are exploding and it's just the beginning. 

I'm so sorry this happened to you as well in Australia.  I know you are all working hard to contain the virus.

Unfortunately they can't leave people stranded and I'm just not sure anyone nows just how to handle this. We have seen what happens when they are left on the ship.

Wishing you all continued good health.

• Like 3

Yep and the PM seemed to have no idea about it when asked at his press conference.
Border force apparently asked passengers to return to the ship and now they are trying to track them and ask them to self isolate.
Australia is so behind the curve on this. PM message today - I need you all to carry on ... while the rest of the world told we need you to stay home.

• Like 1

There are ships still out there. We in Australia are letting some in and/or completing their cruises.

Yep since we “banned” cruise ships we let Seabourn world cruise enter, cmv are still on there way etc. Although I think we should show some humanity and let people off and get them home.