Double refund???

skrapngal

On March 9th, we cancelled March 15th Eclipse sailing. Cruise (including port fees and gratuities) was paid on 1 credit card. 1 Ship excursion was paid on a different credit card.

Here is the breakdown of what we have received so far:

100% future cruise credit, received on March 16th

port fees, credited to credit card on March 20th

gratuities, still waiting

Here is the issue:

We booked ONE excursion through Celebrity on a different credit card (ie. not the one used to pay the full cruise fare). This morning, BOTH my credit cards are showing a credit for the amount of the excursion.

What????

14 minutes ago, skrapngal said:

On March 9th, we cancelled March 15th Eclipse sailing. Cruise (including port fees and gratuities) was paid on 1 credit card. 1 Ship excursion was paid on a different credit card.

Here is the breakdown of what we have received so far:

100% future cruise credit, received on March 16th

port fees, credited to credit card on March 20th

gratuities, still waiting

Here is the issue:

We booked ONE excursion through Celebrity on a different credit card (ie. not the one used to pay the full cruise fare). This morning, BOTH my credit cards are showing a credit for the amount of the excursion.

What????

Let your conscience be your guide. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

You say you are waiting for your gratuities. If you had gratuities as a perk, you lose them and get no compensation. If you paid for them in advance as part of your booking, it was my understanding that they were included in the FCC. If I have that wrong, hopefully someone here can correct me.

39 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

You say you are waiting for your gratuities. If you had gratuities as a perk, you lose them and get no compensation. If you paid for them in advance as part of your booking, it was my understanding that they were included in the FCC. If I have that wrong, hopefully someone here can correct me.

My TA says that, since we prepaid gratuities, they should be refunded

4 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

I would probably wait a week or two before telling them.  It's very possible that they'll realize the error and correct it on their own.  If not, then definitely let them know.  

That was kind of my plan. Figure they are more than likely swamped at the moment. And they will hopefully catch it before I have to call them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, skrapngal said:

Gratuities (non OBC), port fees, taxes shore excursions (as you are aware of), etc. will be credited back to your CC. 

Edited by davekathy

20 minutes ago, skrapngal said:

That was kind of my plan. Figure they are more than likely swamped at the moment. And they will hopefully catch it before I have to call them.

I doubt they will catch the error.  They are still swamped and more than likely there will be another bunch of cruises cancelled creating another flood of refunds and FCC's to be processed.  

34 minutes ago, skrapngal said:

17 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Gratuities (non OBC), port fees, taxes shore excursions (as you are aware of), etc. will be credited back to your CC. 

Good, thank you both for the clarification. I knew that port fees, taxes, etc., went back to your cc, but for some reason I was under the impression that gratuities went to the FCC. Who says you can't teach old dogs new tricks! 🐶

Should you call them or should you keep quiet and do nothing. Its easy, just ask yourself if you had two excursions and they had only paid you back for one,  how quick would you be on the phone to correct the mistake, make things right ? I think I would feel better about returning it than how I would feel about spending it.

• Like 1

UPDATE:

This morning, there was another refund which, together with the "doubled" refund from yesterday, is the exact amount for gratuities. So it's all good. We got credited for the 1 excursion, the port fees and the gratuities.

No extra refund, no need to call. 😄

• Like 2