P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Yes - I believe it is horrendous.  My son lives in a little village near Port of Monteith and said yesterday neighbouring villages were more or less cut off.  

It just sounds awful for all the people affected

Michelle

• Like 3

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

Our rescue dog seems happy with his new Italian family.They've named him Spot.We didn't name him cos one of our rescues got lost in translation from Daisy to Dolly.IMG-20231008-WA00021679.thumb.jpg.347da7ee4034511a4fc28499d324c7a9.jpgIMG-20231007-WA00011680.thumb.jpg.03c7409192898a76cc6b8d6ee25854cd.jpgIMG-20231007-WA00001681.thumb.jpg.aee4565f2e4b1d61b519b77dcf3e3182.jpg

Sounds like a job well done Brian. Spot looks like he got a nice new home.🐕

• Like 14

7 hours ago, purplesea said:

Had a lovely evening out with the family. Wine served in a jug with plastic beakers instead of glasses!

Starter was chips panelli and something similar to crocheted, followed by pizza and dolce.

20231007_214849.jpg

20231007_204811.jpg

20231007_211911.jpg

20231007_211935.jpg

20231007_215348.jpg

20231007_215448.jpg

Nice food and photos.

• Thanks 1

Morning

My parents disembarked Arvia last Sunday and mid week dad tested positive, fortunately not feeling too bad.

Mr B and I spent the weekend weeding and painting all the metal work in our daughters garden while she was away, I didn’t realise how much hammerite paint stains, and I’m not an overly tidy painter 😂 

Just out of interest, what time would you consider acceptable to mow your lawn in the morning if you live in a mid terrace in a residential street? Our neighbour was out cutting his grass at 6:50 this morning. As politely as I could I called out the window that it was too early! 6:50 😳

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 11

26 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Just out of interest, what time would you consider acceptable to mow your lawn in the morning

I would say 8.30am . We watched our neighbour mowing his lawn and my wife said 

"look at him I'm sure he's crying "   I think he was just going through a rough patch .🙃

• Haha 18

28 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

My parents disembarked Arvia last Sunday and mid week dad tested positive, fortunately not feeling too bad.

Mr B and I spent the weekend weeding and painting all the metal work in our daughters garden while she was away, I didn’t realise how much hammerite paint stains, and I’m not an overly tidy painter 😂 

Just out of interest, what time would you consider acceptable to mow your lawn in the morning if you live in a mid terrace in a residential street? Our neighbour was out cutting his grass at 6:50 this morning. As politely as I could I called out the window that it was too early! 6:50 😳

Sorry to hear about your dad Sarah, we definitely came back with something from Arvia, 3 tests now all negative but not sure I believe them. Just starting to feel better now after 10 days.

• Like 4

Well it’s wet yet again today. Not as heavy as over the weekend but predicted for worse again tomorrow (with a side helping of heavy wind as well, lucky us).

I’ve been listening to all the horrific stories on the radio about the flood waters, individuals and whole communities being cut off, flooded houses and business, a house collapsing into a river, a missing elderly gentleman thought to have been swept into the Tay, livestock drowned in fields etc etc

I’m feeling really blessed that the worst we have had is a wet weekend compared to the poor souls that now face months of stress repairing the damage and financial loss.

The only tiny upside is that as it is October many people will have had a decent supply of food at home in the more rural areas ready for winter. Some areas are cut off completely by rivers and will be for many days yet and so no food deliveries and flooded out shops. The radio is reporting people taking complete strangers who are stranded into their homes.

In my humble opinion this should have been a red weather warning, not amber. There is an amber warning for rain and wind feels like every other week up here so people don’t pay it as much attention anymore, like the boy who cried wolf.

I sincerely hope that all is well with you where you are.

• Like 12

That sounds truly awful Eglesbrech, I cannot even begin to imagine what it must have been like for them. I hope there is no more rain forecast for them anytime soon.

Take care all you people who have been affected by this

Michelle

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Sorry to hear about your dad Sarah, we definitely came back with something from Arvia, 3 tests now all negative but not sure I believe them. Just starting to feel better now after 10 days.

Glad you’re starting to feel better. It’s strange, Mum has felt terrible but like you  all tests have been negative.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

We got off Anthem five weeks ago and def have had something but tests say negative.

I ended up on antibiotics last week and my husband has just telephoned Drs this morning but no appointments available so ring again tomorrow or go to walk in centre in Blackpool.

Michelle

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

We got off Anthem five weeks ago and def have had something but tests say negative.

I ended up on antibiotics last week and my husband has just telephoned Drs this morning but no appointments available so ring again tomorrow or go to walk in centre in Blackpool.

Michelle

I hope you feel better soon. It does sound like there’s a strain of ‘something’ that doesn’t show up on tests.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I hope you feel better soon. It does sound like there’s a strain of ‘something’ that doesn’t show up on tests.

Hope your dad does too Sarah. We are both cough, cough, cough all the time which is not great when hubby is on a call  at work

Michelle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Could be G B S    Green Bean Syndrome ,I hear there's a lot of it (them ) about on the p&O ships 🙃😉

• Haha 9

Hello from Glorious West Sussex.  Warm and slight cloud cover but the sea is warm - yes I did brave it!  Just setting off to walk from Worthing to Peasmarsh for a stroll.  Apparently 5.miles, brought the bus pass just in case I collapse from hunger and can't make it back.  Only sign of food so far was a fisherman selling this morning's catch from his boat.  

Bit strange I could have sworn all.coastal areas have nice men with cups of coffee and Greggs bacon butties!

20231009_105437.jpg

20231009_105119.jpg

20231009_105115.jpg

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 12

50 minutes ago, kalos said:

Could be G B S    Green Bean Syndrome ,I hear there's a lot of it (them ) about on the p&O ships 🙃😉

You are not allowed to joke about that Kalos. Someone will be along to tell you that you are being critical and that’s just not permitted 😀😉

Edited by Eglesbrech
Predictive text!
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

Just dropping by to say hello, as today is a significant day - I joined this forum 20 years ago today!

A lot has changed in the world and in the online world since then, but Cruise Critic is still standing. I noticed that another large, long running cruise forum recently closed, so Cruise Critic has done well to remain a busy, well used forum, although it's important that it evolves with the times.  Hopefully it will still be here for me to celebrate my quarter century as a Cruise Critic member.

• Like 18

Just now, Dermotsgirl said:

Just dropping by to say hello, as today is a significant day - I joined this forum 20 years ago today!

A lot has changed in the world and in the online world since then, but Cruise Critic is still standing. I noticed that another large, long running cruise forum recently closed, so Cruise Critic has done well to remain a busy, well used forum, although it's important that it evolves with the times.  Hopefully it will still be here for me to celebrate my quarter century as a Cruise Critic member.

Congratulations!

Yes it’s good that CC is still standing where many have closed and still a great source of information, reviews and help.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

Council noise restrictions from 11pm till 07.00am so neighbour was out of order.

08.00am is a reasonable time for grass cutting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1