P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We got a Starbucks fruit bread,2 slices of Banana loaf and coffee and popped down to the beach.

It is sunny and 8°C now.

17088729712816532166351938734959.jpg

You've ate it already.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

18 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

The Premier Inns in York wanted between £350 and £570 for 4 nights on the flex and semi flex rates, on top of that was £15 a day parking. We are paying just over £400 and that includes free parking! 

Hi,SH whilst on the subject,are you far from Gloucester.Toying with the idea of a break including Cheltenham,using one of them as a base.Any local info would be welcome.Cheers,Brian.

5 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi,SH whilst on the subject,are you far from Gloucester.Toying with the idea of a break including Cheltenham,using one of them as a base.Any local info would be welcome.Cheers,Brian.

Just looked at the map,it seems about 50miles from the Shropshire border,but you might know,hopefully,..😊

Just now, Junction2 said:

Izal was ok used as tracing paper when we had to put maps into our homework books. 

Yes I remember that but it worked much better if it was unused 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

@brian1 - we lived in/around Cheltenham/Gloucester for 25years until 2002. Son is still there.  It’s a nice base for Cotswolds, Forest of Dean, 3 Counties (choir or wine), etc. If I can help - give a shout

What a filthy day!  We managed to get out with the dog and get back before the worst of the weather.  It’s been awful since.  So much heavy rain.  I’m glad we had already booked for Côte

The Alpine menu

Tartiflette and accompaniments

6004AF5C-F40E-45C3-8A78-C2D002A581BB.thumb.jpeg.afc12d7afdb16909e5ad954a2c14afa0.jpeg

Pear frangipane tart, ice cream and blueberry compôte

Bottle of house pink

Job done!

Who cares about the rain?

836E424E-C724-4CD2-8A2E-83BD27CB4169.jpeg

0A661519-825A-4C3D-9F0C-C34351927003.jpeg

B68B353C-9068-4CA1-93BA-93ED3672CBF3.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

We took a coach holiday to Scarborough last week. 4 very enjoyable nights there, and trips to Whitby, Goathland, Beverley and York. My expectations weren’t high as it was so cheap but fair play, it was fine. We also had afternoon tea at Bettys. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

You've ate it already.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We got a Starbucks fruit bread,2 slices of Banana loaf and coffee and popped down to the beach.

It is sunny and 8°C now.

17088729712816532166351938734959.jpg

Homemade banana,walnut and sultana loaf tonight,lovely jubbly.IMG_20240225_2008137232096.thumb.jpg.0c6bc04bf0320374408450b426c30d7f.jpg

• Like 12

9 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Good choice, runs every 10 minutes and is short ride in, drops you in the City Centre.

Just be aware that if you use a seniors bus pass you are still charged but at a reduced rate.

I have witnessed people from out of town complaining that it should be free.

The charge is on!y on the special park and ride buses, all other buses are free with the pass.

Our Park and Ride in Shrewsbury charges half price for bus pass holders

Finally worked out where the fur had come from on our front garden over Friday night. At first we had thought something had gad one of the stoats we have seen in the churchyard across the road or one of our local raptors had caught one. The fur was white and brown, the colour of the stoat, but also the colour of our Neighbour's cat. I saw her this evening and asked if her cat was OK as we had fur on the front hitch seemed to match. She said he had come in early Saturday morning and had blood on his body, she thought he has got caught on some whilst out on the hunt. It looks like he was in a fight with another cat, we hsve seen 2 or 3 feral cat’s recently which hiss at you if you approach them. Think he may have taken on one of these cats in a territorial fight, he is noted for chasing away other domestic cats, but with a feral one it may have fought back. 

Morning all

Oh to be in Sydney!

After a day of very heavy rain yesterday, we’ve had strong winds all night, due to continue today and swing due north later.  Brrr 🥶 

Enjoy your day, however it goes.  Stay warm

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Finally worked out where the fur had come from on our front garden over Friday night. At first we had thought something had gad one of the stoats we have seen in the churchyard across the road or one of our local raptors had caught one. The fur was white and brown, the colour of the stoat, but also the colour of our Neighbour's cat. I saw her this evening and asked if her cat was OK as we had fur on the front hitch seemed to match. She said he had come in early Saturday morning and had blood on his body, she thought he has got caught on some whilst out on the hunt. It looks like he was in a fight with another cat, we hsve seen 2 or 3 feral cat’s recently which hiss at you if you approach them. Think he may have taken on one of these cats in a territorial fight, he is noted for chasing away other domestic cats, but with a feral one it may have fought back. 

He should ask for ID before taking them on 😺

• Haha 2

It is a bright sunny but cold morning with just a few clouds here.

My sister has just texted me to let me know that she forgot to take her grandson's blazer back after washing it over the weekend so do I want her to take him and his sister to school, I don't know why she would think I might say no when it means that I can stay inside where it is warm.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Our Park and Ride in Shrewsbury charges half price for bus pass holders

Having never visited your region,it is the only part of England I haven't visited.Would you recommend Shrewsbury over Gloucester.Just done a dummy booking on NE and can get there for 50 quid return for 2 of us although the bus doesn't leave Victoria till 13.00.That may be a gamechanger.TIA,Brian.

4 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Having never visited your region,it is the only part of England I haven't visited.Would you recommend Shrewsbury over Gloucester.Just done a dummy booking on NE and can get there for 50 quid return for 2 of us although the bus doesn't leave Victoria till 13.00.That may be a gamechanger.TIA,Brian.

I am biased, but I would put visiting Shropshire ahead of visiting Gloucester. Shropshire has been named as one of the top 10 places to visit in 2024.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-67883475

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It has been raining all night but stopped about 30 minutes ago.

It is 5°C and clear skies now.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and have a nice day today.

Good wishes to Michelle @Peanut006 and Sue's @P&O SUE mam's.

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok this morning. It’s a beautiful sunny morning here today.

Our plumber & tiler arrived at 7.30 this morning, wet room floor and shower are going to be fitted today.

My mum came home from hospital yesterday. The Home Care team brought her home and did an assessment in her own home watching her do things. A carer came yesterday too to help her have a bath although she managed it by herself they were there in case she needed it. They are only coming in once a day at tea time to help her. She is doing amazingly well.

I am collecting my new car at 10am this morning so looking forward to that.

Sue, hope your mum is doing ok.

Have a great day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1