P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

21 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Well I decided I needed to see a ship's doctor, so here I am, currently being nebulised after having had an x-ray! Fast treatment and a bagful of medication by my side. Can't imagine the bill 😱 but I'm reassured and not contagious 👍

Exciting visit to New York tomorrow so hoping I'll be raring to go!

Absolutely the right thing to do.  I hope that by the time you read this you're well on the way to a full recovery, and looking forward to the excitement that New York always presents - though maybe take it a little bit easy if possible?  Some built-in coffee and cake stops perhaps?

Harry

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I've just had a reaction to one of my posts from @Harry Peterson.  Have I missed any posts by him.

Regardless Harry, I'm beyond delighted to see your name again 👋🤗

That's very kind of you, Mrs Goggins. You've not missed any posts, but I've been popping in from time to time and noticed that you weren't well. I hadn't seen your later post at the time of posting, but delighted that you're on the mend. We had some really great experiences last time we were in NY, but it was in that very different pre-9/11 world when the twin towers were still standing and access to everything (such as the wonderful Chrysler Building) was very much less restrictive than it is now.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

You've not missed any posts, but I've been popping in from time to time

Nice to see you back Harry and hope your doing OK health wise ,as the nights are 

drawing in it would be nice to hear from you a little more and I'm sure a warm welcome

awaits you from many a poster on here but until then ,you take care 🙂

• Like 16

52 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Absolutely the right thing to do.  I hope that by the time you read this you're well on the way to a full recovery, and looking forward to the excitement that New York always presents - though maybe take it a little bit easy if possible?  Some built-in coffee and cake stops perhaps?

Harry

It's good to see you posting again Harry @Harry Peterson.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

That's very kind of you, Mrs Goggins. You've not missed any posts, but I've been popping in from time to time and noticed that you weren't well. I hadn't seen your later post at the time of posting, but delighted that you're on the mend. We had some really great experiences last time we were in NY, but it was in that very different pre-9/11 world when the twin towers were still standing and access to everything (such as the wonderful Chrysler Building) was very much less restrictive than it is now.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Harry. What a relief to hear from you . We all hope you are well

• Like 8

I had a bit of a cough the last few days on Anthem. We are off to see DW's older sister on Friday.  I think you should do a test....oh dear, but I have avoided going to her sisters.

Edited by zap99
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We went to USS Intrepid museum in New York today, it was only a short walk from our Pier. Cruise ship Norwegian Joy has been blocking our view but she has just left.

We have a very similar view although I suspect you may be a few decks higher.

DH is considering going to the USS Intrepid museum tomorrow.  Did you enjoy it?

5 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Thanks for all of your good wishes, I really appreciated them.

I managed well on the 'easy' tour of New York today. It's in quotes because it involves a good half mile walk to get off the ship to the bus, followed by an excellent tour which included a one hour walking tour of Ground Zero. 

I'm currently perusing my medical bill of $727. Expensive but very thorough and fast. I suspect by UK standards I have been over-medicated, but that's the cynic in me 🤔.

Photo taken from my room during this morning's sail in to Pier 90 New York. DH did go on top deck but as we had done it before I passed.

@grapau27 still loving the coffee and snack photos 👍

Glad you managed to get on the tour

Clearing immigration exhausted me. Was planning a walk to a pharmacy to buy some more Covid tests but didn’t have the energy. Might try again tomorrow. It didn’t feel right to take a tour or a taxi knowing I have Covid 

I have been to NY a couple of times before - last time on the Eclipse when we were right next to the Intrepid museum. I was pleased to see the Norwegian Joy go - I feel like they have been stalking us. 

I have the similar view - am on deck 10

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, gadabout60 said:

Clearing immigration exhausted me. Was planning a walk to a pharmacy to buy some more Covid tests but didn’t have the energy. Might try again tomorrow. It didn’t feel right to take a tour or a taxi knowing I have Covid 

I have been to NY a couple of times before - last time on the Eclipse when we were right next to the Intrepid museum. I was pleased to see the Norwegian Joy go - I feel like they have been stalking us. 

I am so sorry to hear that you found even clearing immigration exhausting. So not a good day for you given that we were not allowed back on the ship until after 1 pm. How disappointing.

Surely wearing a mask, taking a taxi to a CVS (or similar) should be possible by now? Here's hoping that you have an energy boost in the morning. Good luck.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

We have a very similar view although I suspect you may be a few decks higher.

DH is considering going to the USS Intrepid museum tomorrow.  Did you enjoy it?

Yes it was very good. We didn’t have timed tickets but were there at 10.00 so had to wait 15 mins or so to get in. There are lifts but there is a lot of climbing steps, ships ladders etc. I would advise to early on do the submarine (have to contort through narrow hatches), the space shuttle and start at the very top of the ship (control tower, bridge) and work down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gadabout60 said:

Yeah we feel like Norwegian Joy has been getting in our way in several ports. We are on deck 11 starboard.

• Like 3

Good morning,  we have a lovely autumnal morning here, clear sky but only 14°. It reminds me of walking to and from school when we used to kick through the leaves that had fallen and dad would grumble when we got home with bits of mud and leaves stuck to the shoes that he had spent time cleaning that morning.  I can't imagine many modern dads spending their evenings cleaning their children's shoes as they did over 60 years ago.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning all,

Another warm day here, 25c  and at present sitting at the airport waiting for our flight home.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Have a good flight home.  Time to plan your next holiday ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone ,  I hope all back here in the UK are well today and I send my best wishes for Mrs Goggins, gadabout60, & splice the mainbrace to have a healthy rest of the cruise on Ventura.

We went out yesterday to another National Trust house The Vyne and it was very nice and interesting inside much better than last weeks house , King Henry VIII visited and stayed there many times and held court there , well worth a visit, afterwards I went to see my brother in his new home who I haven’t seen for 6 years 😱 I can’t believe how time has passed so quickly , he only lives 2 hours away so we’ve made a date to visit again in December.

So here are a few pictures from yesterday’s visit to the Vyne.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Morning all😃 This cruising is really catching on with everyone booking .

Yesterday my phone rang,it was my nephew .. " Uncle Kalos ,,We are 

in Cadiz,we booked MSC and the ship ,food everything is great.

We and the kids love it so much we have booked again ."

That's another lot converted to the world of cruising 🤣

A cool 8.c outside and our heating has just fired up,no wonder everyone's  going 

away to warmer climes on holiday 😉

Hope you all have a good day -Take care🙂

• Like 10