P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, purplesea said:

This reminds me of a text I sent my daughter when I was baby sitting my poorly granddaughter.

The text she received was "I've just given her a some scalpel"

instead of Calpol!

Yes, predictive has urined many a god poost.🤣

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, purplesea said:

This reminds me of a text I sent my daughter when I was baby sitting my poorly granddaughter.

The text she received was "I've just given her a some scalpel"

instead of Calpol!

Edited by zap99

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Graham - knowing of your liking for good food, I wonder if you have tried the Roxburgh restaurant which I imagine it might be fairly near where you live?  It gets some rave reviews, and sounds interesting. 

Thank you for your recommendation.

We will have to check it out.

Edited by grapau27

27 minutes ago, kalos said:

Can anyone explain the likes to this post ? 🤔

Tresco - Isles of Scilly, not too far off the coast of Cornwall, where Purplesea is fortunate enough to live.  Both beautiful places, and infinitely preferable to Tesco. Unless there's a Tesco on Tresco, which there isn't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Tresco - Isles of Scilly, not too far off the coast of Cornwall, where Purplesea is fortunate enough to live.  Both beautiful places, and infinitely preferable to Tesco. Unless there's a Tesco on Tresco, which there isn't.

Cheers Harry, should have made it more clearer. The actual likes to Zapps post 

is showing Graham liked it and I did at least four times ,looking at the responses.

This web site has been offline and doing odd things today..🙂

Capture.jpg.28689d2cfa30f9dddd9b4dd3209c6779.jpg

Edited by kalos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kalos said:

is showing Graham liked it and I did at least four times ,looking at the responses.

You've got the power.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

No need and I hope you are keeping as well as can be expected ,with your health .🙂

Thanks for that, Kalos. Much as before. Still having to shield, 4+ years on, but the summer's good because we can meet up with people outside. 

Likewise yourself - hope everything's under good control. Glad you've managed to get away too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.

It looks like it is going to be an interesting school run this morning. I have just heard on the news that there has been a 4 vehicle crash on on the A50 so everyone will be trying to find alternative routes which usually means problems on the route that I take to get to my niece's house and then to her school.  There are already traffic problems near to the school because there are temporary traffic lights while the road is up for some sort of telecoms work.

• Like 6

Good morning everyone😃

I hope Josy manages to get the kids to school on time ,without them doing her head

in along the way .

Everyone seems to commute these days,nothing on the doorstep .

Looking back to my school days . Walk out the house ,off the estate through a snicket

and turn right and I was at the junior/infants in about 5 mins . That was unless we

stopped to watch over the bridge , the coal steam engines that passed underneath.

Or on the same bridge a trolley bus had detached it's poles from it's overhead wires

we would stop to watch the clippie trying to reconnect but with no distractions and we

would be at school before they rang the bell.

The secondary school was about the same distance but turn left out of the snicket 

and no distractions along the way.

Memories 😃

I hope you all have a nice day,safe journey if traveling -Take care 🙂

• Like 9

One child delivered to school with no problems, the roads were clear between our house and their's but their road was unusually busy with traffic trying to dodge the main road.  I shouted up to madam that we needed to get out early because of the potential for holdups and for once she listened.  I came back through our estate and then to a short cut along a one-way road that runs parallel with the main road but most people either don't know it or seem to avoid it so no traffic there and we got school earlier than usual.  One of her friends was getting out of her mum's car in front us and pretended to faint  at the sight of us being earlier than usual. 

• Haha 8

12 hours ago, kalos said:

Capture.jpg.28689d2cfa30f9dddd9b4dd3209c6779.jpg

Graham only liked it once???. He liked McDonald's once too. I liked it once, but difficult for one to get too. We had the tree fellers round earlier in the year. 4 of them.🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning everyone😃

I hope Josy manages to get the kids to school on time ,without them doing her head

in along the way .

Everyone seems to commute these days,nothing on the doorstep .

Looking back to my school days . Walk out the house ,off the estate through a snicket

and turn right and I was at the junior/infants in about 5 mins . That was unless we

stopped to watch over the bridge , the coal steam engines that passed underneath.

Or on the same bridge a trolley bus had detached it's poles from it's overhead wires

we would stop to watch the clippie trying to reconnect but with no distractions and we

would be at school before they rang the bell.

The secondary school was about the same distance but turn left out of the snicket 

and no distractions along the way.

Memories 😃

I hope you all have a nice day,safe journey if traveling -Take care 🙂

We used to walk to school in about 10 minutes along a lane that is now a road through a estate of bungalows and a health centre, when I was 11 and went to grammer school about 5 miles away I had to walk to the bus station in town to catch the school bus, after school I used to walk to the bus stop and catch a regular bus, it seems they were only interested in getting us there :classic_laugh: 

• Like 3

Morning all,

Another dull, damp and drizzly day, but it's supposed to be a sunny day. 

I've also been Mum's taxi again this morning, to Truro and back taking my son to work, as there were no trains due to signal failure between St Erth and Penzance. Now back home with a cup of coffee before getting on with my chores.

My secondary school's field could be seen on the opposite side of the main road from our road, but it took 10 minutes to walk round to the main entrance.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning all,

Another dull, damp and drizzly day, but it's supposed to be a sunny day. 

I've also been Mum's taxi again this morning, to Truro and back taking my son to work, as there were no trains due to signal failure between St Erth and Penzance. Now back home with a cup of coffee before getting on with my chores.

My secondary school's field could be seen on the opposite side of the main road from our road, but it took 10 minutes to walk round to the main entrance.

I’m assuming ds got to Redruth I’ve not heard from him since he said they were stopped outside ATS (new tyres needed perhaps?) at 8.20. 🤔

20 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

I’m assuming ds got to Redruth I’ve not heard from him since he said they were stopped outside ATS (new tyres needed perhaps?) at 8.20. 🤔

My son catches a train before 8 and said delays were expected til at least 9am. A train did pass the house as I returned home, so some are running although they are able to turnaround at St Erth.

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

We used to walk to school in about 10 minutes along a lane that is now a road through a estate of bungalows and a health centre, when I was 11 and went to grammer school about 5 miles away I had to walk to the bus station in town to catch the school bus, after school I used to walk to the bus stop and catch a regular bus, it seems they were only interested in getting us there :classic_laugh: 

I used to walk to our infants/junior school.

I had to get a bus to/from my grammar school which was 3 miles away.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

Good morning the sun is out at the moment but it has  been raining. Had my Covid jab last week which left me with a sore arm, flu jab yesterday which has left me aching and a sore arm. Don’t like the quietness at home nobody following me around strange feeling.

I can only imagine how difficult it is for you right now.

When our last (20 year old) cats died some years ago, it took me a very long time to get used to the house without them, and to not have to be vigilant with doors to the outside - they were indoor cats for the last 5 years of their lives.

Lots of good memories of your precious dog though, I'm sure. Sending you good wishes.

• Like 6