P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, cloudy here with a slight breeze, not been out so not sure how warm/ cold it yet.

Two of our grandchildren slept here last night. I booked a surprise early birthday pressie for them today, they are going to watch Man City and Burnley, I managed to get some tickets five rows from the front.Also booked them to go to Fanzone before the match. They are both so excited this morning. 
We have been dog sitting my daughters sixteen week old shitzu x poodle this week as well, she goes home today, think our own dogs will be relieved as she is full of energy.

Going for a curry tonight with the in-laws.

A busy day today for us.

Take care everyone and  stay safe

Michelle

That sounds like a wonderful early birthday present for your 2 grandchildren Michelle.

Hope you have a nice curry tonight with your in- laws.

Take care.

Graham. 

28 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning Graham ,I'm glad to hear you did not order "marinated moggy in cheese and bacon :classic_unsure:"As that is no good to anyone on a cardio diet. I guess it's not easy trying to avoid certain foods on a eating out venue. Did you not ask for the chicken not to be smothered ? These days if we have a treat I like a nice bit of cod from our chippy I ask for a thin batter that way I'm almost pleasing matron :classic_wink: 

Bet you enjoyed it though :classic_love:

Thanks Kalos.

I like cod and chips but never eat the fish shop batter.

There are a couple of restaurants in the Lake District and Harrogate(photo) that clean the skin off the fish and have a light batter covering and I eat the lot.

Graham.

IMG_20210619_123526.jpg

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, cloudy here with a slight breeze, not been out so not sure how warm/ cold it yet.

Two of our grandchildren slept here last night. I booked a surprise early birthday pressie for them today, they are going to watch Man City and Burnley, I managed to get some tickets five rows from the front.Also booked them to go to Fanzone before the match. They are both so excited this morning. 
We have been dog sitting my daughters sixteen week old shitzu x poodle this week as well, she goes home today, think our own dogs will be relieved as she is full of energy.

Going for a curry tonight with the in-laws.

A busy day today for us.

Take care everyone and  stay safe

Michelle

Sounds like a good day out but couldn’t you get tickets to see a different games? Stoke City playing at Sheffield United isn’t a million miles away from you.😎🥴

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Kalos.

There are a couple of restaurants in the Lake District and Harrogate(photo) that clean the skin off the fish and have a light batter covering and I eat the lot.

Graham.

IMG_20210619_123526.jpg

Sounds like our local chippy, no skin on the cod and a light crispy batter. Lots more chips but no lemon wedge to make the batter soggy. Mushy peas are green and in polystyrene container, not orange and in a small pot, almost certainly not made in the Potteries. Washed down with a good pint of Titanic not a small glass of white wine and probably at half the price.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, kalos said:

These days if we have a treat I like a nice bit of cod from our chippy I ask for a thin batter that way I'm almost pleasing matron :classic_wink: 

Years ago when on a strict diet (cholesterol) I was told that I could order the cod, but should  remove the batter first, it worked well.

Sometimes😏 

Don't you just love the crispy batter though? I used to love chips and scraps when I was little. 😋

Avril

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Sounds like our local chippy, no skin on the cod and a light crispy batter. Lots more chips but no lemon wedge to make the batter soggy. Mushy peas are green and in polystyrene container, not orange and in a small pot, almost certainly not made in the Potteries. Washed down with a good pint of Titanic not a small glass of white wine and probably at half the price.

Pint of Black Sheep at same restaurant.

IMG_20210630_120241.jpg

Edited by grapau27

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Sorry to hear you’ve been feeling down. Good luck with the job hunting.

Thanks Sue.

Hope your grandchildren enjoy their early birthday presents, Michelle.

Our local chippy skins the fish too. Quite a while since we've had fish and chips, although I have a hard time resisting the batter

Was foggy when I got up, couldn't across to the coastline. Cleared up now and the sun is shining with a temp of 13oC, looks all set for a lovely day. 

Going shopping later with my daughter as we are having a family meal next week, so off to Tesco's to make use of my discount! Then off to work this afternoon until late. We are fully booked tonight so not sure if it will be busy or quiet, or a mix of the two. Time tends to drag if the latter.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Years ago when on a strict diet (cholesterol) I was told that I could order the cod, but should  remove the batter first, it worked well.

Sometimes😏 

Don't you just love the crispy batter though? I used to love chips and scraps when I was little. 😋

Avril

It's a well known fact that if it tastes right good it's going to be bad for you :classic_unsure:

Going back a few years when we were younger you would hear people telling us that 

old saying .."I could eat a scabby horse "  now fast forward a few years and we discover 

they were putting them in the pies and burgers and people were complaining about it ! :classic_wacko:

Sometimes when it comes to food there's no pleasing some :classic_unsure::classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

54 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Kalos.

Graham.

IMG_20210619_123526.jpg

Is that a pot of beanz Graham?. I thought we all discussed this previously. Peas with fish and chips, beanz with sausages. DOH !!!.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kalos said:

It's a well known fact that if it tastes right good it's going to be bad for you :classic_unsure:

Going back a few years when we were younger you would hear people telling us that 

old saying .."I could eat a scabby horse "  now fast forward a few years and we discover 

they were putting them in the pies and burgers and people were complaining about it ! :classic_wacko:

Sometimes when it comes to food there's no pleasing some :classic_unsure::classic_smile:

Kalos, you can only imagine my relief to know that I never eat meat pies or burgers😁

Avril

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Sounds like a good day out but couldn’t you get tickets to see a different games? Stoke City playing at Sheffield United isn’t a million miles away from you.😎🥴

They are Man City fans much to my husbands disgust!!  He is a Man U fan so going to Man City today is going against the grain!! 
Michelle 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I assume you're home zap. Good holiday?

Avril

Thanks Avril. It was good. First proper holiday for 2 years, not that Self catering UK holidays etc and staycation cruises aren't proper. It is interesting comparing this one to our experiences before proper and folks comments on here. Food in the buffet was ok, but nothing special. We were allowed 2 meals in the posh table service restaurants. Entertainers shows were a bit naff, but folk enjoyed them. All kids over 6 wore masks indoors without question, as did us adult kids. Rooms were cleaned every day. Folk were, in the main happy to be away again. No towels on the sunbeds. No more proper holidays booked until next March....but...🤔

• Like 7

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

That only serves to make it worse - you obviously chose a small glass of white wine over what looks like a decent pint. 

That is a sign of the times. A QR code on the table instead of a menu. In the posh restaurants in our Spanish hotel. Good evening , here is the menu ( small ceramic tile with a QR code) are you ok with this, or would you prefer a paper menu?.

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Just hold your nose and swallow, remember just like when your Mum used to force you to have cod liver oil on a tablespoon.

That must have been awful for you John😁.

We had Cod liver oil capsules when we were kids.🤓

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning all bright sunshine here this morning off to Bournemouth for shoe hunting for hubby 🥴 very fussy person he is trying to get him a bit more relaxed every day walking shoes , but for so many years in service he still looks at hard chunky boots 😤.

glad your a lot better Michelle because last time you were having a blip, and having to rest , lovely surprise for your grandchildren and a full day for you today have lots of fun and enjoy your curry tonight 😁

Thanks Purdey, feeling ok today, not going to football but I will enjoy the curry later. My illness varies from day to day but really struggling with my walking at the moment. I go to a motorised gym and not managing to get there at the moment either and that’s something I like to do and it helps with my muscle strength. 

• Like 3

Lovely day here and I am just back from Sheringham where I got the enhanced digital passport submission done. Really easy took less than 15 minutes. Hoping I will get it within the 8-9 weeks it is before I sail. Decided not to go to Peterborough owing to still some petrol shortages locally. 

Sheringham has developed a one way system down its streets arrows on pavement. BUT it was heaving today even early doors and you could not see them. It has been approx 20 months since I was last there and I had forgotten. So went the wrong way as was everyone else it seemed. No-one to monitor it anyway but I felt guilty nonetheless when I realised. Drove out along the coastal road and it was so lovely to see the sea on my right for a lot of the way. When I got to Wells next the Sea it was the usual Russian roulette of will I knock someone down as everyone, his wife and their dog just seems to step straight out. Luckily I managed my errands there without harming anyone. I'm reasonably well trained as I live on what I term "suicide alley" in the centre of my home town/large village which is treated by those on holiday as if fully pedestrianised just because it is quaint and has narrow roadways. I jest not we are on first name terms with the paramedics.

Wheelbarrow returned not a darn thanks and dirty as heck. If he had ever been on it he would now be off my Xmas card list. Graham's fish pictures have lead me down a  bad path I now need to go along the street and get some at lunchtime. Just out of interest what do fish and chips from the chippie cost in your area? Here in tourist central they are £18.95 to take away.